The best take on the December Updates I've ever seen.

Mecakoto

Overall, most of the Pkers will continue playing because of the fact that pking wasn't about the loot. That was just a perk. Pking was about just getting a kill and having that adrenaline rush of simply destroying and/or killing someone. Players can still do this in Duel Tournaments, Castle Wars, and Fight Pits, which is where all of the non-pure pkers have gone, me included.

Dear God... No, those are not the same thing as PK'ing.

Overall, most of the Pkers will continue playing because of the fact that pking wasn't about the loot. That was just a perk. Pking was about just getting a kill and having that adrenaline rush of simply destroying and/or killing someone. Players can still do this in Duel Tournaments, Castle Wars, and Fight Pits, which is where all of the non-pure pkers have gone, me included.

PK stand for Player killing. You kill other players in the mini-games. I see no real difference in it, other then you do not get items from the people you killed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, I'm a furry.

I keep my Runescape account name undisclosed for privacy reasons.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

PK stand for Player killing. You kill other players in the mini-games. I see no real difference in it, other then you do not get items from the people you killed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is precisely the point.

1. Bounty hunter is full of 1 itemers, there's one huge team, it's all multi combat, and there's the wretched 180 second pick up penalty.

2. You could do all of the other things you mentioned before the update. NOBODY considers that real Pking...

PK'ers don't get respect because they do not deserve it. They are a bunch of cowards who wanted an unfair advantage over other players; people who were just working a clue or something. These changes now make them fight other people who are prepared to fight back; and they are crying and whining about it. I feel no sorry for the PK'ers, I am glad that their little self-satisified game was taken from them. Watch them cry, baby, watch them cry. :boohoo:
dontdoublepost0yz.gif

1. Bounty hunter is full of 1 itemers, there's one huge team, it's all multi combat, and there's the wretched 180 second pick up penalty.

2. You could do all of the other things you mentioned before the update. NOBODY considers that real Pking...

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I find it the same, because I found Pking to be the about the thrill attained from killing someone, not just the loot. For me and some others, it is the same.

Yep, I'm a furry.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

Look, just because you CAN do something does not mean that you SHOULD. I could throw a rock and bust someoneÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s window without getting caught, but does that mean I SHOULD do it, or that it is RIGHT to do it? Of course not. So, just because you can kill someone in the wild while they are working a clue, and therefore ruin their chance of getting its reward doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean that it is the right thing to do.

It is amazing to me that people think that going into an area where they know there is a risk means that they are asking for it. All kinds of things in real life have risks associated with them. After your dog bites the postman do you just tell him that he should not have taken the job unless he is willing to be bitten by rabid dogs? What do you tell the widow of a policeman or fireman killed in duty? ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWell, they knew the risk so I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t feel sorry for them at all. If they were not willing to be killed on the job they should have been an actuary.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Look, just because you CAN do something does not mean that you SHOULD. I could throw a rock and bust someoneÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s window without getting caught, but does that mean I SHOULD do it, or that it is RIGHT to do it? Of course not. So, just because you can kill someone in the wild while they are working a clue, and therefore ruin their chance of getting its reward doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean that it is the right thing to do.

The only reason that pkers attack people who are doing clues is because of the chance that the person might have finished it and could be trying to leave the wild. Killing green dragon killers I still don't understand, however. It is pointless.

It is amazing to me that people think that going into an area where they know there is a risk means that they are asking for it. All kinds of things in real life have risks associated with them. After your dog bites the postman do you just tell him that he should not have taken the job unless he is willing to be bitten by rabid dogs? What do you tell the widow of a policeman or fireman killed in duty? ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWell, they knew the risk so I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t feel sorry for them at all. If they were not willing to be killed on the job they should have been an actuary.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Yep, I'm a furry.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

I am here now. Feel free to ask me any and all questions related to the passage.

You a rs vetrean? or no?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I find it the same, because I found Pking to be the about the thrill attained from killing someone, not just the loot. For me and some others, it is the same.

There's no thrill if there's no risk. If nobody has loot to lose like our current situation, it's just like killing a NPC. You have swarms of people teamed together just picking off individuals. It's not worth it or even fun being on those teams, and it's annoying not being able to find individuals worth killing who will just protect their item. It's just a shell of what used to be.

Never said it was, pal. I've never done that and attacked people who did. I PKed PKers, if you will.

I am here now. Feel free to ask me any and all questions related to the passage.

You a rs vetrean? or no?

I've been playing for 2 years, so I guess if you consider that veterans material. I just know of players that have been playing for 4+ years that have told me what it was like. I have also done some research on the past of Runescape, and have made some inferences of what events would have been like back then.

There's no thrill if there's no risk. If nobody has loot to lose like our current situation, it's just like killing a NPC. You have swarms of people teamed together just picking off individuals. It's not worth it or even fun being on those teams, and it's annoying not being able to find individuals worth killing who will just protect their item. It's just a shell of what used to be.

Like I said, you are entitled to your Opinion, as am I.

Yep, I'm a furry.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada