Ouchy's F2P Guide To Firemaking And Woodcutting! ~ FIXED ~

Ouchy

I found a new place for willow logs, if you want it,the zoomed-in, and zoomed-out.

[hide=]zoomed-in

722Noname.png

zoomed-out

Noname2.png[/hide]

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a new place for willow logs, if you want it,the zoomed-in, and zoomed-out.

[hide=]zoomed-in

722Noname.png

zoomed-out

Noname2.png[/hide]

Wow, not a bad spot. Thanks for this ::'

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

For firemaking locations, try to the left of falador east bank, I think thats the best. Also, (I got this from another guide, I can't remember whos sorry) use 3 tinderboxes like this:

X-tinderbox

L-log

L L L L

L X L L

L L L L

L L L X

L L L L

L X L L

L L L L

That way it helps prevent RSI

Nice guide :thumbsup:

hot_lips255.png

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

[hide=]zoomed-in

722Noname.png

zoomed-out

Noname2.png[/hide]

Wow, not a bad spot. Thanks for this ::'

even cooler...

I found this spot when walking around on my 2nd dude while training him and saw someone using it then I'm like what the heck worth a shot :P.

btw this is more of a drop spot, as there is no good fire line, nor is there a bank anywhere nearby

Also

[hide=regarding post above me.]L L L L

L X L L

L L L L

L L L X

L L L L

L X L L

L L L L

would look like this:

stats122653jj6.png

I tried it out shortly after I took this picture, and it works well, so it's worth a shot.[/hide]

only helping...

power_ness.png

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Thanks for all of this, ssbmbeliever. I am definitely considering about adding it in. Anyway, I have the whole of tomorrow evening free from about 6:30 on wards, and I am going to devote all that time to my guides.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

ye no problem, and thanks to you to...

Although I don't woodcut much anymore since i got to 60 in wcing and fming, I would have liked to have read this guide before I did that... Might have saved me some time.

good luck to all you wcers out there, I'll keep you guys posted of any new spots I find.

power_ness.png

• 2 weeks later...
Huzzah, I am going to update this tomorrow.

Should consider waiting. Tif is still working on the forums, all information will be lost on the transfer back.

Even this post that I am typing now will be lost.

In that case ouchy, save a copy of the html code for when it comes back, I will too in case you dont get the chance.

power_ness.png

Ouchy, I'm about to post again, after this i mean. In it I'll just put the whole code for the guide and almost all of the updates people asked for.

power_ness.png

ouchysguidenx5.png

Ouchy's F2P Guide To Firemaking and Woodcutting!

Written by: Ouchy_S

Table Of Contents

Starting Off

Recommended Clothes And Inventory

Training Spots For Woodcutter-banking you logs

Training Spots For Woodcutters-dropping or burning your logs

Places To Burn

Inventory Set-Up

Types Of Tree's

Types of Log's

*NEW* Wood Cutting For Profit

Fire Making-Slower and Cheaper Version

Fire Making-Faster and More Expensive Version

Keep Your Cool

How To Beat Bordem

Someone Stole My Line!!!

Thanks and Corrections

Tips And Tricks

FAQ

Starting Off

[hide=]First off you must decide whether you are going for fire making, wood cutting or both. If just fire making you must have a fair wad of cash kiddies. Not just 20 gp. But at least 1m+ depending on your goal level. You must also decide whether you want quick and fast and expensive way to level which involves using logs to the best of your ability that have high exp or go a bit slower for cheaper with more expirence using logs lower than what you can burn. OoOoOo. Hard isn't it?

For wood cutters you must have the right axe and possibly the attack level to wield it if you want to get 1 more log each run. You must also decide if you are going to drop your preciouses or bank them. Cash or expirence?

But if you are doing both you must decide if you are going to use the logs that you chop to burn your li'l fingers off or buy additional logs.

Both of these skills take time and money. Don't expect to reach you goal over night. Work for it you lazy bums![/hide]

Recommended Inventory And Clothes

Clothes And Inventory for Fire Makers.

[hide=]A wise man once said that looks were everything. Yea. But this wise man is a fool. Being as light as possible is everything. Fire makers can really wear what ever they want as long as they are close to a bank-more explained on this later. But if you are trying to go light weight you should wear random event clothes and holiday clothes. Both weigh nothing and are a definite chick magnet for you boys out there! Ok... there not but still. Your inventory should consist of a tinder box! Wow never would of guessed! You need a box tinder thingy me bob so you can light you logs on fire! Yum. You should also have 27 of whatever type of logs you are burning! Funny that-more on this later on.

Here is what i would wear and have in my inventory:

b65cacee36.jpg

You don't have to dress like me but your inventory should always stay the same with the box tinder thingy me bob in it's place to prevent wristy going sore's.[/hide]

Clothes And Inventory for Wood Cutters

[hide=]A wise man once told me that looks aren't important but keeping light in weight. Well the bugger was right!

Wood cutters should always wear light weight clothing as sometimes you have to go a little way to bank your fresh cut sappy logies to disintegrate in your bank. Oh you sop! Don't Cry :notalk: . A wood cutter should wear the same clothes as a fire maker. Light weight clothes such as holiday and random event clothes. These look pretty snazzy and you will be the light of the party =]. You should be wielding an axe thingy to chop the trees. If you cant wield the axe you want to use then have it in your inventory.

I would wear this:

0856cc18d3.jpg

Although you can change the clothes,change or remove shield and axe if you want if you don't have or cant wield/use the snazzy rune axe that I have <3:[/hide]

Training Spots for Wood Cutters-banking your logs

[hide=][Levels] Start off in the forest next to Draynor village. Get used to Draynor Village and its trees because you are going to be here a lot. It is full of normal trees so you little munchikns can start your chopping dreams!

8e93ed4bac.jpg

When you have a full inventory go to the bank and ,well, bank!

Alternatively you can cut here:

Head over to the Grand Exchange and just outside the entrance there is this mother load of tree's.

ef2c5ebc8c.jpg

Bank when needed

[Levels] Same place, different tree. Go to the forest next to Draynor and chop oaks till you are level 35. If you stop at 30 and start chopping Willows you will find it looooong and PAINFUL :wall: !

8e93ed4bac.jpg

Once again bank your logs.

[Levels]

Yes. Oh noes! Guess where are you? Draynor Village! Never been here before have you? Start chopping the willows by the water. This area is usually crowded so change world when necessary and bank when necessary. If you are a level 3 skiller watch out for the dark wizards that are there for the level 3 bots-which have died. Stay near the back if this is you you silly skiller!

de7aed9105.jpg

[Levels]

Yes! It's True! Your finally out of Draynor! Now your up with the big boys. Chopping yews. It can at times be slow but you can go back to your little willows if you want :shame: nah i'm just kidding! :thumbsup: . Head over to Edgeville and chop the two Yews inside in the crumbling house. Ekk! If there are two many people then simply change worlds.

19244f0783.jpg

Bank when needed.[/hide]

Training Spots for Wood Cutters-Dropping or burning your logs

[hide=][Levels]

Head over to the forest North Of Alkaharid, South of Varrock, and East of the The Champion's Guild. Once again get familiar with your surrounding's as you gonna be here for a long time. Chop the normal trees till you are fill and drop or burn when you need to. Burn from along the path just after the gate to Al Kahrid

ab7f5a53e5.jpg

Alternatively you can cut here:

Head over to the Grand Exchange and just outside the entrance there is this mother load of tree's.

ef2c5ebc8c.jpg

I know I know, I put it in the banking your logs section but it so 1337 you can use it for both

[Levels]

Same place dummy! Just chop oaks! Gosh! You got like 3 feet of air! Drop or burn when needed

ab7f5a53e5.jpg

[Levels]

Head over to Draynor Village and follow the wall to Port Sarim by the farming patch. Chop the willows. These are rarely used anymore as the bots that used them left-for now =p. Drop when needed.

Also head down behind the prison in Port Sarim. There are a few trees here for you kiddies!

South of Rimmington there are also a few willows to chop and get splinters in your li'l fingies =] I recommend these willows as they are close to a general store and have a good clean run at fire making:

d33b75034a.jpg

Here are the spots

31dbc6badf.jpg

[Levels]

You are close young one! Head over to Melzars Maze in Rimmington and chop the yew tree's beside it. Drop or burn when necessary. Burn from the start of the path, just don't have a bath!

e19e64696e.jpg[/hide]

Places to Burn

[hide=]Edgeville:

Pros: Near to bank, lots of space to burn

Cons: Not as close to a bank as the Grand Exchange, gets a bit lonely as there aren't as many people there.

Grand Exchange:

Pros: Doesn't get lonely, lots of space to burn, very close to bank

Cons: Noob-cakes trade you asking to buy burnt meat xD

Draynor Village:

Pros: Doesn't get very lonely. Close to a bank

Cons: Only one to two lines available.

Falador West Bank:

Pro's: Many people can burn there, big open space, next to a bank.

Cons: None.

Varrock West Bank:

Pro's: Right in the action so it doesn't get lonely, close to a bank.

Cons: Only 2 lines available.

Duel Arena:

Pro's: Very close to bank, and quick access, not much competition.

Cons: Only two lines available.

Fist Of Guthix:

Pro's: Close to bank, big area to Fire Make, many lines available.

Con's: Can get a bit laggish and the designated worlds.[/hide]

Inventory Set Up

[hide=]Different people require different inventory set-ups when Fire Making. Some like the traditional one Tinderbox, others like many. There are more ways to Fire Make then listed here, you can experiment yourself, although I am listing the most common

Traditional Set-Up

pic2.jpg

Most people who are new to it use this way. It is alright if you get use to it, but if you change it is hard to go back.

Likelihood of Carpal Tunnel: 4/5

Middle Set-Up

pic1.jpg

A lot easier to use then the Traditional set-up, and my personal favourite. It is good because you are never moving your mouse the full distance

Likelihood of Carpal Tunnel: 3/5

"Inverted" Traditional Set-Up

pic3.jpg

I have never tried this myself, but some people say that it is equal to or better than the Middle Set-Up. Looks effective though.

Likelihood of Carpal Tunnel: 3/5[/hide]

Type Of Trees

[hide=]7651565507.gif

Tree: Exp. Gained: 25

Required level: 1Recommended Level: 1Where to chop: Draynor Forrest

General Information: The newby tree that everyone stars off with. Good for chopping when you first start. But when you have your big boy axe you should realise when to stop

5b0dc7a8fa.gif

Oak: Exp. Gained: 37.5

Required Level: 15Recommended: 25Where to Chop: Draynor Forrest

General Information: Next step up from your frooby tree. Quite fast and in a plentiful supply for everyone

2f428c84c9.gif

Willow: Exp. Gained: 67.5

Required Level: 30 Recommended: 40Where To Chop: Next To Draynor Bank or South of Rimmington

General Information: Arguably the best tree in the F2P world. They are often used by people who are training there Fire Making as well as people training Wood Cutting. My personal favourite tree.

f194f0252d.gif

Yew: Exp. Gained: 175

Required Level: 60Recommended: 75Where To Chop: South Of Falador.

General Information: The slowest tree of the lot. Is quite hard to cut these for experience but they are quite nice for cash, time permitting of course.[/hide]

Types Of Logs

[hide=]3abc7405e8.gif

Normal Log: Exp. Gained: 40

Required Level: 1Recommended: 1General Information: The log everyone starts out on. Easy to obtain, not recommended as a training log

3e43e7d1da.gif

Oak Log: Exp. Gained: 60

Required Level: 15Recommended:20General Information: Next step up from the Normal Log. Not recommended as a training log

60dca44603.gif

Willow Log: Exp. Gained: 90

Required Level: 30Recommended: 35General Information: Most commonly used log. Easy to obtain, recommended as a training log

b07db4388d.gif

Maple Log: Exp. Gained: 135

Required Level: 45Recommended: 50General Information: These are cut from P2P tree so you can only obtain from a player. Recommended as a training log.

3949581505.gif

Yew Log: Exp. Gained: 202.5

Required Level: 60 Recommended: 65 General Information: The best F2P log available. They are rather expensive so not recommended as a training log.[/hide]

Wood Cutting For Profit

[hide=]Unfortunately, Wood Cutting for profit is not for everyone. You need to have a high Wood Cutting Level of over 75 to efficiently make efficient money, and 37 Magic is recommended.

Where to Wood Cut For Profit?

The spots you are going to use are both located South of Falador. We will be using the Rimmington Yews and the Yews South of Falador.

IMAGE HERE.

I recommend that you bring a Falador Teleport, as it will save time which means more Logs Per Hour.

If you follow this method, you can get about 150k+ an hour.[/hide]

Fire making-cheaper and slower version

[hide=]For 1-15 buy 61 normal logs at roughly 40 ea for 2.5k off the grand exchange

For 15-30 buy 183 oak logs for roughly 20 ea for 3.6k off the grand exchange

For 30-99 - yes, 30 to 99. Your burning willows baby! Buy 144,679 willows at roughly 20 ea for 2.96m off the exchange.

For45-99 buy 96,096 Maple Logs for 3.84m

These prices are always shifting but the amout of logs needed will always be true, unlike you =)[/hide]

Fire making-more expensive and faster version

[hide=]For 1-15 buy 61 normal logs at roughly 40 ea for 2.5k off the grand exchange

For 15-30 buy 183 oak logs for roughly 20 ea for 3.6k off the grand exchange

For 30-45 buy 535 willows for roughly 20 ea for 10.7k

For 45-60 buy 1573 maples for 50 ea for 78.8k

For 60-99 buy 63,016 yews for 418 ea for 26m-yes the price of a party hat![/sarcasm]

These prices are always shifting but the amount of logs needed will always be true, unlike you =)[/hide]

Keep your cool :evil: !!

When fire making and wood cutting keep calm! If you are cutting and you never get any logs then just change worlds or tree's. If you are fire making and some one starts to make fires right in front of you stopping you then just let them! Go change worlds. Have a coffee. But what ever you do, do not get emotional

How To Beat Bordem

Yeap, the most common problem of skilling, bordem. There are few thing you can do to beat it.

1. Listen to music: Yea, 'bout 20 other guides have said it but it does work. It often takes your mind away from the clicking repetitively and makes you calmer

2. Surf the web: Looking at other sites, such as the tip.it forum often relives bordem. Also don't stay on it for too long!

3. Take a walk or do some exercise: Often the best option . It releases endorphins which make you feel better and gets rid of any stress

4. Skill with friends: This is a good option and allows you to chat with friends at the same time

Someone Stole My Line!

Ah yes, the infamous problem of someone stealing your line. There are many way's to over come this common problem.

1. Fight For your right: If they burn in front of you, burn in front of them. Sometimes, just spam them, yell at mindless junk and keep trading them. Another thing is to tell them that you were there first.

2. Change World: Probably and the easiest of them. Won't make you look like an idiot, but one is still fun =P

Thanks and corrections

Tip.It for there calculators to work out the prices and number of logs necessary.

Thanks to Xx_Psychotic for suggesting the willows south of Port Sarim.

Thanks to zaaps1 for suggesting the willows south of rimmigton and the correction in the title

Thanks To BiJay for giving a detailed description on how to burn your logs

Thanks To Aludron For Giving Me Permission to use some images in the types of logs and tree's section's

Thanks to Legosimx for suggesting the tree's outside the grand exchange.

Tips And Tricks

When firemaking to save time and to stop having to constantly stop and burn the logs you can only to stop burn once then you are on a clean stretch. Burn your first log like normal and then click on your tinder box. As soon as the fire is lit click on the next log and you should instantly start another fire. Repeat this to the end to save time and get more exp. in an hour. Eg. Click Box - Click Log - Click Next Log - Click Box - Click Box - Click Log - Click Next Log - Click Box - ...

FAQ

Q. I read in a guide that when using a snow globe it destroys a fire making area. Is this true?

A. Well, yes and no. It used to be true during the Christmas Event in 2007 but since then the event has been removed and it is no longer a problem =]

[hide=]zoomed-in

722Noname.png

zoomed-out

Noname2.pngL L L L

L X L L

L L L L

L L L X

L L L L

L X L L

L L L L

would look like this:

stats122653jj6.png

I tried it out shortly after I took this picture, and it works well, so it's worth a shot.[/hide]Nice guide, btw, I didn't look at all the other posts to check for this, but here is another good place for woodcutting and firemaking combo.

[hide=]Here is a zoomed-in view of the area.

wc%20place,%20low%20zoom.png

wc%20place%20key.PNGbtw fire lines start on right, or east side of red line.

If you dont know where this is, here a zoomed out view, it wets of the lumbridge general store btw.

wc%20place%20zoom%20high.png[/hide]

Here's another wcing and fming/dropping spot.

[hide=clicky]8 Willows, most of the time totally empty, just north of the crafting guild.

fgdyd8.png[/hide]

Oh and for the buying the logs part, you can buy 144k willows (99fm from 1-99) for only about 2.5m, you dont have to add this though.

Thanks for the guide :thumbsup:

you forgot to add in that its awesome to fm at the duel arena

fist of guthix lobby is a good place to burn logs too.

btw ouchy u should put if they wanna gain firemakin faster cut cuttin logs tell them to cut yews sell them and buy maple i got like 3100 maple for like 4 loads of yew

And there it is. Sorry it took a bit longer than I expected it wouldn't allow me to post as soon as I had written the message before. I made text small so the message would take up less room, just take out the size html and you're good.

power_ness.png

I cannot update this until the Weekend, as I cannot get on RuneScape and upload any images. I passed out monthly download usage... -.-

ojdv.jpg

I'm coming out of my 'retirement' to fix this guide, as every single [insert swear word here] picture is stuffed!

:evil:

EDIT: ALL PICTURES TAKEN.

ojdv.jpg

I don't know, there's too many pictures. As in too many... :shock:

:|

All those pictures are there for a reason, none are 'junk'.

ojdv.jpg

I'm with kent.

A good guide needs to find a useful balance between the basics and the little tricks.

Any idiot can figure out how to cut willows, Jagex will make sure of that for you. You can assume the average user on tipit understands the difference between an oak log and a yew log.

I'm with kent. The way I see it you have way to much basic information, and not enough useful material. For example, the spot you included from ssdm is almost entirely useless. The section on trees is relevant, but almost stupidly basic. You have a whole section on what to wear which can be summarised as an axe & lightweight gear.

You may want to show off your trimmed mage gear, but no-one else is reading the guide to watch you brag.

I think i've criticized the language before, it still seems childish, but that's your guide, your style, not my problem.

You should probably spend alot more time woodcuting, perhaps learn the skill alot better.

It's the little things that people read a guide for. Those little tips that give them more knowledge than the average player.

For example, a player is cutting logs at draynor and having a heck of a time getting any.

Your guide needs to be able to tell them that this is because there are many people cutting the tree, that their chance of getting a log is significantly lower than the player 8 or 9 levels higher than them, and that they don't have to world swap but just use one of the two lower trees which are usually empty.

Now I'm not saying that that's the perfect example, but it includes three little facts that would help anybody trying to train their woodcutting at draynor.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, and that you take it on board rather than the 'I'm retired' excuse.

Good luck ::'

To the previous two posters: I am taking all of what you said into consideration. Kent, would it be better if I provided links to those spots, instead of having pictures?

I'm rewriting nearly the whole thing, as I hate the way I have wrote it, and there are too many grammatical errors in it.

ojdv.jpg

For example, the spot you included from ssdm is almost entirely useless.

I just looked through the updated guide and didn't see any of my places so what are you talking about?

power_ness.png

To the previous two posters: I am taking all of what you said into consideration. Kent, would it be better if I provided links to those spots, instead of having pictures?

I'm rewriting nearly the whole thing, as I hate the way I have wrote it, and there are too many grammatical errors in it.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, use links. Ever. ... Ever. Express it through text, trust me. It makes the guide look much more... sleek, and professional.

And honestly, I'm impressed. You actually listened to my advise instead of flaming me... For grammatical errors, you can fix those in Microsoft word. Why the pictures of all the trees? Don't put anything that could easily be found on the Knowledge base.

Take a look at Troaccid's Woodcutting guide, it's... gud.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, use links. Ever. ... Ever. Express it through text, trust me. It makes the guide look much more... sleek, and professional.

And honestly, I'm impressed. You actually listened to my advise instead of flaming me... For grammatical errors, you can fix those in Microsoft word. Why the pictures of all the trees? Don't put anything that could easily be found on the Knowledge base.

Take a look at Troaccid's Woodcutting guide, it's... gud.

Flaming you would make me look arrogant, especially when it is good advice, that will benefit my guide. Plus, I'm way past the days of flaming, punching a whole in the wall is much more effective. ::'

:lol:

I'll run it through Word, and take out some images that I do not feel are necessary.

ojdv.jpg

For example, the spot you included from ssdm is almost entirely useless.

I just looked through the updated guide and didn't see any of my places so what are you talking about?

I'm sorry, it appears i was a bit overzealous using you as an example.

It was simply your post that I saw last as I read through, and assumed yours was added in

I know what I am going to do. I am going to add another hide tab under the leveling section, which does not contain pictures. That way, the user can decide if they want pictures, and I can also see if it works better.

ojdv.jpg