Ouchy's F2P Guide To Firemaking And Woodcutting! ~ FIXED ~

Ouchy

I have spotted some flaws in the guide. I'm going to have to fix it up later after I study :?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna quote it because well, I don't wanna, but ok whoever just was talking about being overzealous. anyway like this guy with all these helpful hints. ::'

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

Argh, there is still stuff that has to be fixed, and I don't have the time to fix it :(

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I have a new banned coming for this soon, and I plan on updating parts of the guide in the weekend.

ojdv.jpg

For example, a player is cutting logs at draynor and having a heck of a time getting any.

Your guide needs to be able to tell them that this is because there are many people cutting the tree, that their chance of getting a log is significantly lower than the player 8 or 9 levels higher than them, and that they don't have to world swap but just use one of the two lower trees which are usually empty.

Related to this. The number of people chopping the same tree only affects how long the tree can stay alive, not how fast the people chopping it obtain their logs. That means it actually is better to keep all the players chopping the same tree, to stagger the respawn rates in such a way as that the most amount of time is spent with at least one tree standing. So uh, yeah, it's more to your advantage to keep everyone on the same tree, not to run to the other one they're not chopping.

I'm pretty sure you're actually talking about switching to the trees at the spot just slightly to the south and chopping a different set of trees entirely, but I could see how it could be misconstrued, so I thought I'd mention it...especially that "chances of getting a log" bit that's a little misleading I think.

...Anyway, I guess it's an okay guide, but I have to disagree with your "recommended levels." Logs get faster to chop every level, and every log gets faster at every level. So I'm skeptical where you say level 75 exactly to start making good money off of woodcutting, or 40 exactly to cut willows, or especially 25 to cut oaks. Obviously you chop them faster if you wait several levels, but by delaying them, you're implying that the method you use to train in between is faster (or otherwise better). And I have a hard time believing that normal logs are faster than oak logs, ever. <.< This applies to a lesser extent to firemaking...do you have research to back up your claim that the pause you sometimes get in between logs when your level is too low is significant enough to slow down your training enough that a different log will be better?

Even if you were right about it, where did you get those recommended levels? As far as I can tell, they're completely arbitrary...or else it's quite a coincidence that they all just happen to fall on nice round numbers. :ugeek:

Take a look at Troaccid's Woodcutting guide, it's... gud.

And don't think I didn't see you talking about me behind my back. Misspelling my name can fool Google, but it can't fool me. ;)

Back when I was f2p, the yews at edgeville were always slowest when there were eight people on the same tree.

Nowadays I get a willow consistently every three 'hits'. When a second person starts cutting the tree I can often wait 6 or 9 hits before getting a log.

I also don't think having more people cutting a tree makes it stay alive longer, simply based on my own experiences.

I respect your level, but I also respectfully think you're wrong

Back when I was f2p, the yews at edgeville were always slowest when there were eight people on the same tree.

Nowadays I get a willow consistently every three 'hits'. When a second person starts cutting the tree I can often wait 6 or 9 hits before getting a log.

I also don't think having more people cutting a tree makes it stay alive longer, simply based on my own experiences.

It doesn't make it stay alive longer, it makes it die faster. But it's better to have three trees die in succession than it is to have three trees die at the same time. In the former case, it's probable that the first tree will have respawned already by the time the third one dies, so you don't need to wait, and you can just go right back to chopping. In the latter case, you have to stop chopping until one of the trees comes back, and you waste time.

Related to this. The number of people chopping the same tree only affects how long the tree can stay alive, not how fast the people chopping it obtain their logs. That means it actually is better to keep all the players chopping the same tree, to stagger the respawn rates in such a way as that the most amount of time is spent with at least one tree standing. So uh, yeah, it's more to your advantage to keep everyone on the same tree, not to run to the other one they're not chopping.

about that, if you stay at one tree with everyone else and they are all like 8 levels + higher than you then you'll spend forever at the treee to get like 1 log... whereas some other people might get 7 from the same tree, also the number of logs from a single tree is random, I once got only 1log from a yew i was chopping by myself which I watched spawn. another time I got 10+, so what you said was a total lie.

tell me if I took it wrong but this seems to be what you're saying.

power_ness.png

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

about that, if you stay at one tree with everyone else and they are all like 8 levels + higher than you then you'll spend forever at the treee to get like 1 log... whereas some other people might get 7 from the same tree, also the number of logs from a single tree is random, I once got only 1log from a yew i was chopping by myself which I watched spawn. another time I got 10+, so what you said was a total lie.

tell me if I took it wrong but this seems to be what you're saying.

No, it's not what I'm saying. Think about it this way. Two scenarios.

1. There are four trees being chopped by four people, one for each tree. All the trees die at close to the same time. All players need to wait the full respawn time of their tree before they can chop again. Fewer logs are gained per hour, because more time is spent waiting for the trees to respawn.

2. There are four trees, and four people chop each tree in turn, all on the same tree. Each tree will die, on average, four times as fast, and then each player moves on to the next tree all at once. That tree dies, and they move on to the next. That tree dies, and they go to the last one. By the time the last tree dies, the first tree has respawned again, so they can continue this way without waiting for respawns. All players can continuously chop, except when they're running between trees, so their cutting is slowed less drastically than in the first scenario.

At a certain point before the evanescence of Yew bots, there were tons of them Southwest of Fally. I'm talking about hundreds, enough to make your game lag. Well, all those with bots with Bronze/Rune axes... the yew trees dissapeared in 1 chop.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

why is there no mention of the oak trees by varrock west bank?

there is, says there's a nice little forest by grand exchange if you actually read it.

and to the other guy... that's exactly what I'm saying, the person with the least wc lv will still get less logs/hour because there are so many, it's easier just to find an emptier patch... there are tons... less so in f2p, only way I've played, but there are still some hidden spots that not everyone uses.

power_ness.png

and to the other guy... that's exactly what I'm saying, the person with the least wc lv will still get less logs/hour because there are so many, it's easier just to find an emptier patch... there are tons... less so in f2p, only way I've played, but there are still some hidden spots that not everyone uses.

That doesn't contradict what I said at all, though.

I'm saying that either way you could get less logs / hour, more likely if you all cut at the same tree... so I would just find yourself a tree, start cutting, then maybe talk some while you wait for another to respawn, just hopefully the tree you happened to pick isn't one of the ones that only has one yew, but hopefully like 6 at least.

I'm saying that either way you could get less logs / hour, more likely if you all cut at the same tree... so I would just find yourself a tree, start cutting, then maybe talk some while you wait for another to respawn, just hopefully the tree you happened to pick isn't one of the ones that only has one yew, but hopefully like 6 at least.

power_ness.png

The number of logs you get from a tree before it falls down is random. So that still really doesn't contradict what I said. :|

My fault. I mistook what he said in my original reply.

Troaccid was saying it is better for everyone if you can keep the trees respawning one after the other.

I was saying it is better for you if you go find a tree on your own, because you will get more logs faster.

ie. I'm selfish

Troaccid was saying it is better for everyone if you can keep the trees respawning one after the other.

I was saying it is better for you if you go find a tree on your own, because you will get more logs faster.

ie. I'm selfish

Yeah I'm done arguing too and it's troacctid not troaccid

power_ness.png

Sorry, but a guide for these two skills isn't needed. The only players that would find this useful is brand new players, and to them this guide would probably be more complicated than understanding the two most basic skills in the game.

You'd be surprised how much people think they know about woodcutting and firemaking that isn't really true.

ie. I'm selfish

Yeah I'm done arguing too and it's troacctid not troaccid

Oh and I.E. isn't supposed to be the summary of it. it's basically for example... i.e., e.x., e.g. are all the same thing just said with different words. e.x.=for example, kinda self explanatory. e.g.= exempla gratia, from latin meaning for example. and i.e. = id est, again from latin, meaning that is.

power_ness.png

Sorry, but a guide for these two skills isn't needed. The only players that would find this useful is brand new players, and to them this guide would probably be more complicated than understanding the two most basic skills in the game.

You will be surprised how many players do find this rather use full. And with all due respect, if you don't like it, why even bother posting? You will just bump it to the top, creating more attention. :geek:

ojdv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...