namename

ranarrweedzf9.gif

The Rannar farming Guide!

by NameName (AKA Godly_King3)

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Contents

Section 1: What is Ranarr Farming?

Section 2: How do i Ranarr Farm?

Section 3: What do i do after i farmed Ranarrs?

Section 4: Credits

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Section 1- What is Ranarr Farming?

Ranarrs are herbs used for defence and prayer potions, these are in huge demand by pkers, slayers, dharokers, barrowers, and bandit afkers.

Ranarr farming is a way of making money AND experience, with VERY LITTLE effort, but very BIG PROFIT!

It is basically planting ranarrs seeds at multiple patches at the same time, then go do something else for 75 minutes (YOU CAN EVEN BE LOGGED-OUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK!) and then come back, pick your herbs, and sell them with big profit.

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Section 2- How do i Ranarr Farm?

ranarrweedzf9.gif

First of all, you need 32 farming, i know some people hate farming, but getting it is DEFINETLY worth your time!

Second, you are going to need the following:

Ectophial

10 Fire Runes

10 Law Runes

10 Water Runes

Charged Glory (Equipped)

Air staff (Equipped)

Amulet of Nature (Optional)(Not included in screenshot)

setupbh6.png

Slots marked with a red X are not necessary

And you will have to go to a tool leprechaun (Found near most patches)

toolleprechaunoh5.png

Right click him, and press exchange.

exchangeuq3.png

Now, your AFES screen should look something like this:

afesgz6.png

In your AFES screen you need the following items:

Spade

Farming Rake

Seed Dibber

Secateurs (Magic if you have them)

10+ Normal Compost (Or Super Compost)

ranarrweedzf9.gif

The Patches

There are 5 farming patches in RuneScape that have herb allotments in them, but i am only going to list 4 because the fifth is hard to access and not worth the time in my opinion.

There are four we are going to use, they are all easily accessible because there is a teleport spell near them, and/or they are located near a bank.

Now, i am going to explain you how to start rannar farming.

Step 1: Teleport to varrock, and go to the grand exchange, once you arrive, buy 4 rannar seeds at the maximum price, do not buy them at the lowest price, because nobody will sell them, and it is only a 1k difference after all.

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Step 2: Use your ectophial to teleport to the ectofunctus, run to the Port Phasmatys patch, grab your spade, rake and compost out from the tool leprechaun, and use your rake on the herb allotment. When you are done raking the allotment, use your compost on it, and then your ranarr seed.

Optional: Use your amulet of nature on the herb allotment

patch1xt4.png

Step 3: Teleport to Ardougne, and run to the farming patch north of east ardougne, use your rake on the herb allotment. When you are done raking the allotment, use your compost on it, and then your ranarr seed.

patch3qn0.png

Step 4: Teleport to camelot, and run to the catherby farming patch. use your rake on the herb allotment. When you are done raking the allotment, use your compost on it, and then your ranarr seed.

patch2ch8.png

Step 5: Use your amulet of glory to teleport to draynor or teleport to falador, then run to the draynor farming patch. Use your rake on the herb allotment. When you are done raking the allotment, use your compost on it, and then your ranarr seed.

patch4kw9.png

Step 6: Now you have planted all your herb seeds, you have to wait 75 minutes for them to grow, in the meantime you can do barrows, kill aviansies, pk, alch, sleep, or make your homework, just make sure you come back after 75 minutes.

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Step 7: After waiting 75 minutes of planting your first herb, go to varrock, buy another 4 ranarr seeds and teleport to phasmatys using your ectophial, run to the farming patch, get your magic secateurs out of the leprechaun and equip them. Now "Pick" your herbs. After picking your herbs, plant a new herb seed (Dont forget Compost) and go to the next patch, repeat this with all the patches.

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Step 8: Now you have picked all the herbs from all four patches you have atleast 20 ranarrs, (you ALWAYS get 5 ranarrs per seed, this can go up to 15 ranarrs! But 7 is the average) and there are a few things you can do with them:

Method 1:

You can sell your ranarrs, using the grand exchange, this is the most profitable method. Ranarrs are 7k each in Grand Exchange.

Your profit using this method is:

28 Ranarrs * 7k = 196k

196k minus the 80k spent on seeds:

116k profit with 5 minutes effort

Method 2:

You can use your ranarrs to make prayer potions, this way you will gain herblore AND farming exp! You can then sell the prayer potions, or do barrows or kill aviansies with them (I killed aviansies)

Because knowing that you will get atleast 20 prayer potions each hour, and knowing that you will drink 15 prayer potions per hour at barrows/aviansies, will ALWAYS make you break even OR make profit!

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Tips & Tricks

- Use an amulet of nature on the first patch you plant a herb in, then when that patch is ready, the amulet of nature will tell you, this way you always know when your herbs are ready

- You can also use a combat bracelet to teleport to legends guild, this is closer to the ardougne patch, this will increase the speed of ranarr farming.

- Always wield your magic secateurs when you have them while farming. It will

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Personal Experiences:

I have been rannar farming 2 months after farming came out.. It has been my primary income since.. i have made over 30M using this.

Despite it being very little effort, it is unbelievably rewarding, i hope you will have as much fun ranarr farming as i have.

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Credits:

Pedroviko, for introducing me to ranarr farming.

Jagex, for making farming

You, for viewing my topic.

ranarrweedzf9.gif

Thank you for viewing

ranarrweedzf9.gif

-Godly

record.jpeg

very nice, i use this 2...more profit now becasue ge makes rannar seeds really low...

Yes, and the good thing is they are very easy to buy, and ranarrs are very easy to sell (Using the grand exchange ofcourse)

record.jpeg

Awsome and I can't believe you made 30m (farming lv? :))

First post ftw

79 on my old account, 55 on godly (After 2 months of ranarring), i used to play pedroviko (my old main) it ended up getting banned (Ended with 79 farming)

Keep in mind ive been doing this for over a year, Farming is my favorite skill after all ^^

record.jpeg

because the fifth is hard to access and not worth the time in my opinion.

You should really get the fifth patch, it saves time and your seeds get planted quicker

5 seeds planted instead of 4

50 seeds planted instead of 40

500 seeds planted instead of 400

5XX seeds planted instead of 4XX

Also try to keep your weight low, and when you get 62+ farming move onto snaps more xp and cash.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

because the fifth is hard to access and not worth the time in my opinion.

You should really get the fifth patch, it saves time and your seeds get planted quicker

5 seeds planted instead of 4

50 seeds planted instead of 40

500 seeds planted instead of 400

5XX seeds planted instead of 4XX

Also try to keep your weight low, and when you get 62+ farming move onto snaps more xp and cash.

True, i use it myself to, but the thing is, most people dont have the quest completed, and it takes alot more time to get there.. Maybe ill add it into the guide when i myself have more experience with the patch.

record.jpeg

In my opinion using My Arms patch is definitely worth it, with Trollheim teleport it is quick to access and it NEVER gets diseased. Also, you missed off a sentence in your guide explaining about the magic secateurs.

Wow! A brilliant guide! really helpful!

I'm gonna use your guide in unison with another I've read for ultimate Rannarrage!

Thanks! Awesome guide! =D>

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

In my opinion using My Arms patch is definitely worth it, with Trollheim teleport it is quick to access and it NEVER gets diseased. Also, you missed off a sentence in your guide explaining about the magic secateurs.

Will do.

record.jpeg

Nice guide. I love farming myself. Lvl 80 here. Also did tree seeds from my kingdom though. No single penny spent :-)

I just love how it's a kind of passive money maker. In my one year of members, my bank has increased by 60m. Slowly, but steadily. Of course, this is not only from farming, but I think it has a large influence. And i'm not even planting them that often.

And indeed, I'd strongly advice to move on to snaps once you are lvl 63 and include my arm's patch.

On another note: Do you really plant them every 75 minutes? I always have a hard time having the discipline to plant them so often. I'd say I do it a least once a day, and more if I happen to pass by one of them while skilling.

Also, I dunno why, but I just plant every seed above Irit that I got myself (through slayer). (that was when irits were 2k each, not with the inflated prices now). I know it's not that profitable, but still, I just can't leave them, and they dont sell at all so...

Last remark: If ranarr/snap seeds are getting really expensive (at one point, people were buying ranarrs at 30k + and snaps at 35k +), you can move on to kwuarm. I remember that at that point, kwuarms were like 15k each, 3x the herb prices, whereas ranarr would be 30k each which means almost 4 times the herb prices (back then).

One thing the GE has destroyed: the bargains on seeds. I just LOVED buying seeds from farming-haters for cheap prices. Kwuarms for 10k each (back then), for sure! Snaps 25k each, all right!

Btw, I quit members in august (planning to return though), thats why I'm talking bout "back then" etc...

This sounds like a good idea. I might try it out since i have 35 farming.

EDIT: Ranarr's now sell for 4k each and seeds are about 13k each

Exactly why I stopped Ranarrage. I only get an average of 5 ranarrs per batch (no magic sacs), and count that out, its a big whopping 5k ish profit now. I hate the grand exhcnage... Hopefully this will be back when the economy fully recovers.

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

• 5 months later...

nice guide , it's well-organized but you might have chosen the wrong colors .....

the gudie does make rannar famring much easier then when you need to find everything by yourself.

le_sadface.png

Drops : 3x zammy spear, 3x g maul, 1x d platelegs

Why don't you tell them to use supercompost. There's clearly a major difference between that and regular compost.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

in the meantime you can do barrows, kill aviansies, pk, alch, sleep, or make your homework

I don't enjoy doing my homework, let alone MAKING it.

Very nice guide. I'm bored of mining Pure Essence whenever I'm short of cash (which takes too long might I add). But all this cash with only 5 minutes of effort!?

I better pick up my rake!

10/10

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

THE way to make prayer pots free! It's great!

I buy seeds and supercompost. Got magic secateur thingys.

Although, it took almost 2 hours till they were fullgrown... Nonetheless I got 30 ranarrs out of 5 patches. Sold 20 ranarrs to break even, and im getting my own snape grass: Free prayer pots!

Thankyouverymuchforthisguide10/10!

5efw5y.png

Dutchy angel2w.gif