Homosexuality - Gay Bashing?

deloriagod

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Don't go quoting Leviticus on me if you're going to try and cite [modern] Christianity as a promoter of any kind of hate towards gays.

The stance of Christianity is not one that promotes any form of 'gay bashing'; True Christians love and respect homosexuals and bisexuals as they would any other person. THAT is the stance of the Church.

Unfortunately, there aren't many "true christians". They are gravely misguided from my experiences. (Eg. Westboro Baptist Church)

Also heres a site that displays most of the wrongs in the bible: http://www.evilbible.com/

Didn't your Jesus say not to ignore any part of the bible either?

Hey? Basically no Christians follow Leviticus rules (which I think is great). If you think people like Westboro are anywhere near the majority of Christians then you're sadly misguided. True Christians would accept and love the sinner but hate the sin and hence not 'gay bash' people.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go quoting Leviticus on me if you're going to try and cite [modern] Christianity as a promoter of any kind of hate towards gays.

The stance of Christianity is not one that promotes any form of 'gay bashing'; True Christians love and respect homosexuals and bisexuals as they would any other person. THAT is the stance of the Church.

Unfortunately, there aren't many "true christians". They are gravely misguided from my experiences. (Eg. Westboro Baptist Church)

Also heres a site that displays most of the wrongs in the bible: http://www.evilbible.com/

Didn't your Jesus say not to ignore any part of the bible either?

-_-'. Poor media-brainwashed rebellious 14-year old.

I don't mind talking with you tomorrow about this (past one here), but for now, I'll just say this: take an objective World Religions class in high school, if it offers it. It'd do you a fair amount of good, as well as a proper educational Christian background if you're going to spend your time bashing Christianity by both attacking only it's text [which no proper Christian takes entirely literally] and not the proper stances of the modern religion itself, and citing crazy small groups like the Westboro as evidence against the entire religion.

There are an innumerable number of proper Christians around who follow the true stances of the Church. It's just that you're just too busy looking at the crazy's and stereotyping the religion to realize it.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Unfortunatly I was an abuse person just beacsue im "diffrent" <.< I hate it when older people 20+ judge me on my sexual orientation then i get called [bleep]. Not to mentoin they wave ther bibles at me. Hey if all the GAy and bi's are going to hell then to hell I GO!

I hated the fact that my first BF had to keep our relationship a scret.But when his parents figured it out what did they do? they took him to therapy.Well jokes on them he used therapy againts his parents.Well his parents blame it all on me and they sent him across the United states.

Of course we broke up :( at leat my parents did not make a big fuss about it.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

im just going to cut it quick as i have things to do.

its their life, their desision wheather there gay / bi / straight. we have no right to try and change them. they ARE still human thus should be given the right just like any other human.

thar's my two cents, enjoy your day/night/evening/morning/something-rather. 8-)

Popoto.~<3

its their life, their desision wheather there gay / bi / straight. we have no right to try and change them. they ARE still human thus should be given the right just like any other human.

Please read through the last couple pages when you get the chance...

-_-'. Poor media-brainwashed rebellious 14-year old.

I don't mind talking with you tomorrow about this (past one here), but for now, I'll just say this: take an objective World Religions class in high school, if it offers it. It'd do you a fair amount of good, as well as a proper educational Christian background if you're going to spend your time bashing Christianity by both attacking only it's text [which no proper Christian takes entirely literally] and not the proper stances of the modern religion itself, and citing crazy small groups like the Westboro as evidence against the entire religion.

There are an innumerable number of proper Christians around who follow the true stances of the Church. It's just that you're just too busy looking at the crazy's and stereotyping the religion to realize it.

I go to a catholic school, we are forced to take a religion class, they only preach about their religion in that class.

You mis-interpreted my post, Westboro is an example of a misguided religion. No need to personally attack me.

Being forced to listen to preachings, trying to force your religion upon society. ie. Jehovah's Witnesses, trying to get creationism taught in schools and such.

Oh yes, real peaceful.

I see you've given up on the homosexuality argument and moved on to something else. I'll assume that means you agree.

But... what's the new point you're making, and what does it have to do with the topic? All I'm seeing in that post is a further emphasis of the idea that you're just being rebellious to your upbringings :| .

I go to a catholic school, we are forced to take a religion class, they only preach about their religion in that class.

I also go to a Catholic school, by the way. Guess what? I've taken an objective World religion class here. Don't be surprised if you find one at your high school (or possibly even middle school), and if you do find one, please take it.

Please read through the last couple pages when you get the chance...

Even neglecting the whole thread, let's really think about the idea Dark_Aura and others bring up about choosing sexual orientation. The implication of this is clearly that I should be able to choose to be attracted to guys. Well, for me, it's as clear as day that this is not a possibility. Try as I might, I'm only attracted to the opposite sex, trust me. :lol:

I think people who tend to think that sexual orientation is a choice should ask themselves - "can I really make a choice of which sex I'm attracted to?" I think after asking this and given the answer "no" that the assertion that sexual orientation being partly biological in nature and not being a conscious choice can only be given credence.

I also go to a Catholic school, by the way. Guess what? I've taken an objective World religion class here. Don't be surprised if you find one at your high school (or possibly even middle school), and if you do find one, please take it.

I had a similar experience in highschool (Lutheran highschool). They had a mandatory 'Christian Studies' class, yet it was more centered to an objective look at world religion, ethics, the issue of suffering, and other issues. It was great. No preaching at all, mostly class discussion and no authoritative judgement. :)

Even neglecting the whole thread, let's really think about the idea Dark_Aura and others bring up about choosing sexual orientation. The implication of this is clearly that I should be able to choose to be attracted to guys. Well, for me, it's as clear as day that this is not a possibility. Try as I might, I'm only attracted to the opposite sex, trust me. :lol:

You're clearly not trying hard enough.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.