Homosexuality - Gay Bashing?

deloriagod

I never really thought gay bashing was too big of a problem. Maybe I just ignored it, blocked it out, didn't want to think it really happened. But I was on Facebook today and I found this on a pro gay/bi group wall:

"my boyfriend is bi-sexual, and he gets like made fun of a lot, like people wont take the food he offers them because hes bi. people make fun of me too. I mean its not like he likes every guy hes sees he has a girlfriend so its not like he has a crush on all the guys. And i hate the term [bleep], its completly rude. The proper term is gay, and it should not be used to call someone as a mean name"

That girl's boyfriend, is a very close friend of mine. It wasn't but a month ago that I found out he was bi and it hasn't changed a single thing between us. But here's a shocker, I'm bisexual as well. TIF, you're the second person I've come out to. I've only told 1 friend irl, and things like this make me want to keep it a secret even longer.

After reading this I decided to look into how many pro/anti GLBT groups were on Facebook alone. Of course, there were a lot. Here's a quick list of the ones that grabbed my attention and the number of members.

Anti-

God Made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve! - 100+ members

Gay Marriage Kill The Dinsaurs - 27k+ members MANY duplicate groups, each with 1k+ members

ANTI-Gay Marriage - 5k+ members

Pro-

Allow Gay Marriage - 8k+ members

Gay Pride - 3k+ members

Against Gay Marriage? Then Shut The F* Up and Don't Get One - Multiple groups combined = 60k+

Now we know the anti GLBT groups are made up of straight people against gays, but the gay groups are gay and straight people who support them. It really amazed me to see there were so many people against gays. I know a guy who is pretty religious and I noticed he posted in one of the groups addressing the gay bashers who brought religion into the arguement. This is a clip of what he wrote (addressing the main point):

"in the Bible it clearly states that God is without flaw and does not make mistakes,Also he says or so it states in the Bible do not decline any one person for he may be different in his way and belifes but he is of the same image of god."

Now, in my eyes, everyone who is using religion against gays is going against religion in the first place. Supposing they don't use religion in their arguement, isn't what they're saying just prejudice?

Considering my opinion is clear, what's your stance on GLBTs?

Let's all be mature about this conversation please

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I dont find it a big deal. Whats wrong with people liking others of the same sex??

Im not gay/bi myself, but I really dont care who gets in a relationship with others. I respect people for personality, not the way they choose to be with other people. I respect people as HUMANS not freaks because they're gay/bi..

~S

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Sexual orientation is a personal decision, so I can't see why anyone should be made fun of for it. I mean, of course people are harassed because of their sexual orientation every day, and I don't think there's really much anyone can do to stop it, other than not calling homosexual's or bi's "gay" or other names in spite.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Although I myself would never be gay or bi--I just don't find guys attractive--I'm all for gay marraige, and have nothing against gays. This issue is one of the main things that drove me away from the Christian church (I now consider myself to be Agnostic).

But yeah. I am fairly sheltered in this area. I only have one friend that I know of that's gay. I find it a bit despicable how people talk about him behind his back..

Cool.

I work in a restaurant, with waiters and waitresses in their twenty's.

Like... half of the people I work with are gay, openly. Couldn't care less, in fact I couldn't even tell to start with :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I personally don't find anything wrong with being bi, gay or straight. It's simply a preference that doesn't hurt anyone.

I mean you don't hassle anyone if they like brussel sprouts and you hate the taste of them do you? In my books it's exactly the same as that, someone's personal preference. And if it doesn't conform to your personal preferences, then so what? It's their life and not yours, give people a break and stop fueling hate campaigns.

Talking of the Bible, doesn't it say to love thy neighbour? I think people who quote the bible and use it to fuel hate is just an excuse. The bible should be taken as a guide and not literally.

In all honesty, people who are part of the hate groups probably have low moral fibre, and crap lives. They have to make others feel sad in order to give themselves a little boost. Seeing others happier than themselves must really really annoy them. They should pop down to Lives R Us and get one of their own, and stop dictating everyone else's.

I think one of the sickest things a person can do is force you to believe in something you don't want to. Even if God himself came down and said gays are evil I would still support them, if they are happy this way who am I to say its not right?

I wouldn't make that choice myself, but if 2 guys or 2 girls love each other I'm not going to try and stop them even if I had the power to.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

I'm bi and so is my partner, if you don't like it, honestly you can kiss my [wagon].

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I think one of the sickest things a person can do is force you to believe in something you don't want to.

Counter-example: A person believes the human race should die, does not believe and does not want to believe that humans are "good", and has a means to bring the end to the race. You, somehow, persuade him to believe otherwise, and thus instill in him an opposing belief to his prior one.

Sick, I know.

[Though, still trying to grasp the idea of "forcing someone to believe something they don't want to", something I can't see as anything more than a physical impossibility. Expound por favor.]

I think one of the sickest things a person can do is force you to believe in something you don't want to.

Counter-example: A person believes the human race should die, does not believe and does not want to believe that humans are "good", and has a means to bring the end to the race. You, somehow, persuade him to believe otherwise, and thus instill in him an opposing belief to his prior one.

Sick, I know.

[Though, still trying to grasp the idea of "forcing someone to believe something they don't want to", something I can't see as anything more than a physical impossibility. Expound por favor.]

Give me a break, its 1am here...

crim2ma.jpg

Pfft, 3am here. And I start back up school tomorrow #-o .

Sorry, but if I see a set opinion I believe incorrect and have an example to counter it, I will respond :P .

Sorry, but if I see a set opinion I believe incorrect and have an example to counter it, I will respond :P .

Even if its incorrect only because the person typing it up is half asleep?

crim2ma.jpg

muttsgs9.gif

[/hijacking]

muttsgs9.gif

I'll have to keep that in mind then...

crim2ma.jpg

I don't particularly care but gay people will always be discriminated because they are a minority. And no matter what you say, in any culture the minority is always discriminated in some way from the majority. Even by calling them the minority its singling them out.

Unless gays become the majority (highly doubtful) then homosexuality will always be under constant discrimination the only people supporting it being people who are really good friends of homosexuals, gays themselves or just people who need the support by being politically correct.

But to be fair i agree on the first anti group's name; God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve :lol:. Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

I don't mind them. They should do whatever they want. Sometimes I crack a joke about homosexuals, but it's never in a hostile way or something. The few homosexuals that I 'know' laugh about it as well.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

First of all, get rid of the 'Gay Bashing' part of your post, and in the title, that's a little immature Deloria.

And more to the point,

I'm all for gay marriage, I'm all for gay relationships, It's not immoral, & It's not something to be made a mockery of.

I'm a straight lad, but one of my best friends is a homosexual, I've known him since we were both little, & a couple of years ago he told me about it, and how he has feelings for me.

At first I was a little knocked back, I didn't know what to think, bearing in mind I was younger then I wasn't as mature as I am now, but over time I forgot about it, it was not a big deal at all.

And consequently I don't have a problem with it, or any other homosexuals, whether female or male.

We still hang out, we still meet up and have a laugh.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

Why do people continually say crap like this? It isn't 'unnatural' to be gay. It happens in nature, both wild and civilized, and by the dictates of nature, i.e. by biological and environmental factors.

Some animals can display homosexual behaviour [1-2] and it's not a conscious choice for humans to be what sexual orientation they end up with; they end up with their orientation by biological and environmental factors [3-5].

[1][/url]":3lx7msz2]The question of whether animals can be homosexual has been extensively explored. In 1999, Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity, the result of 10 years of research by Bruce Bagemihl, documented many cases of homosexual behaviour in animals. It has been shown in 1,500 species, from rams to guinea pigs, chaffinches to warthogs.
[2][/url]":3lx7msz2]But, actually, some same-sex birds do do it. So do beetles, sheep, fruit bats, dolphins, and orangutans. Zoologists are discovering that homosexual and bisexual activity is not unknown within the animal kingdom.
[3][/url]":3lx7msz2]Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

[4][/url]":3lx7msz2]Is sexual orientation a choice?

No. For most people, sexual orientation emerges in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Some people report trying very hard over many years to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual, with no success. For these reasons, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation for most people to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed. People don't choose their sexual orientation; they can of course choose the kind of a life they want to live.

[5][/url]":3lx7msz2]Homosexuality is usually understood as the counterpart to heterosexuality, with bisexuality applied to individuals who manifest both heterosexual and homosexual behaviour or attraction. Such labels, however, represent an oversimplification. Not all people display consistency among their sexual feelings, behaviours, and identity; some experience considerable fluidity on their sexuality throughout their lives. Nevertheless, most adults in the United States report that they never made a conscious choice about their sexual orientation and that they have always felt the same type of sexual attractions and desires. They experience their sexuality as a deeply-rooted and unchangable part of themselves. Some research data suggest that this pattern is more common among men, with women somewhat more likely to percieve their sexuality as fluid and involving some degree of choice.
Anyway I've got nothing against gays. What they do behind closed doors is none of my concern.

But to be fair i agree on the first anti group's name; God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve :lol:. Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

Did he? Really? Well in that case, damn, you've got us there. Hundreds of years of gay rights activism knocked back because people still believe in the inerrancy of Genesis.

Do I care about gay marriage? Of course not, what's it got to do with me? It's ridiculous to try and impose your own elitist morality onto someone elses personal life. It does make me laugh though when people start panicking when they hear that someone they know is gay, suddenly worried that he'll start hitting on them all left right and centre.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

My former roommate was gay. I never got to know him very well, or to be honest not at all. He wasn't very social in the apartment, never did any cleaning or anything or tryed to communicate, that might be the reason.

Anyways, me and other roommate used to make little gay jokes about him behind his back, I always thought they very little immature but I laughed with (they were kind of funny tbh) :-w .

Yeah I don't know any gay people atm but I can still safely say that people who make jokes in their faces or bash them othervise are complete and utter self centered morrons.

And gay marriages? Why would gay people wan't to marry under that fachist church/religion anyways? Unfortunately that fachist church owns the cruches and has right not to let people to marry in them.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.