Homosexuality - Gay Bashing?

deloriagod

"in the Bible it clearly states that God is without flaw and does not make mistakes,Also he says or so it states in the Bible do not decline any one person for he may be different in his way and belifes but he is of the same image of god."

Now, in my eyes, everyone who is using religion against gays is going against religion in the first place. Supposing they don't use religion in their arguement, isn't what they're saying just prejudice?

lol. People who are Pro Gay wouldn't know the Bible if it walked up to them in the street and said hello. They merely pick at scripture take them out of context and use them wit their argument so they can live with themselves. It clearly states in the Bible that Homosexuality is a sin. The question therefore is not whether the Bible is against Homosexuality (which it is) but whether or not you believe that its right to live by the Bible and whether the Bible's morals and beliefs are correct.

Secondly your true about not declining others because of what they belief in. To be more correct it says love them no matter what, since we're all sinners. That doesn't mean you can't be against the act (waits for Warrior to come along and tell me thats not possible - thats incorrect - it is...such as me being against liars and others who continually do sinful acts- but whatever I don't wish to get into an argument about that at the moment).

That's why I can believe that gay bashing is an unjust hypocritical thing to do, especially if you're Christian since your called to love the homosexuals. Doesn't mean I'm not against the act, I've got the right to be against the act, just as others have the right to support the act in the first place.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many topics about homosexuality can we have in 12 months? Seriously...

Homosexuality is no more a personal choice as 'choosing' to be straight is. It's a perfectly natural, uncontrolable emotion.

If a person finds more romance being with a member of the same sex, then good for them for establishing that and being confident enough to express.

I find this logic of arguing similar to anti-abortion groups; if you don't agree with them, don't use them - there are plenty of other alternatives out there which don't involve persecuting those that use the method you happen to have a problem with, most typically because of a book written nearly two thousand years ago.

"in the Bible it clearly states that God is without flaw and does not make mistakes,Also he says or so it states in the Bible do not decline any one person for he may be different in his way and belifes but he is of the same image of god."

Now, in my eyes, everyone who is using religion against gays is going against religion in the first place. Supposing they don't use religion in their arguement, isn't what they're saying just prejudice?

lol. People who are Pro Gay wouldn't know the Bible if it walked up to them in the street and said hello. They merely pick at scripture take them out of context and use them wit their argument so they can live with themselves. It clearly states in the Bible that Homosexuality is a sin. The question therefore is not whether the Bible is against Homosexuality (which it is) but whether or not you believe that its right to live by the Bible and whether the Bible's morals and beliefs are correct.

Secondly your true about not declining others because of what they belief in. To be more correct it says love them no matter what, since we're all sinners. That doesn't mean you can't be against the act (waits for Warrior to come along and tell me thats not possible - thats incorrect - it is...such as me being against liars and others who continually do sinful acts- but whatever I don't wish to get into an argument about that at the moment).

That's why I can believe that gay bashing is an unjust hypocritical thing to do, especially if you're Christian since your called to love the homosexuals. Doesn't mean I'm not against the act, I've got the right to be against the act, just as others have the right to support the act in the first place.

Oh no I don't really mind that you're against the act, I just don't personally agree. I just tend to argue against people who think it's a choice to be a homosexual when it's not.

My former roommate was gay. I never got to know him very well, or to be honest not at all. He wasn't very social in the apartment, never did any cleaning or anything or tryed to communicate, that might be the reason.

Anyways, me and other roommate used to make little gay jokes about him behind his back, I always thought they very little immature but I laughed with (they were kind of funny tbh) :-w .

Yeah I don't know any gay people atm but I can still safely say that people who make jokes in their faces or bash them othervise are complete and utter self centered morrons.

And gay marriages? Why would gay people wan't to marry under that fachist church/religion anyways? Unfortunately that fachist church owns the cruches and has right not to let people to marry in them.

haha dont worry, if they can take a penis, they can take a joke! :lol:

But on a serious note, i don't care about gays i have nothing against them, i only have a problem against the gays who act all girly and femine.

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

I'm bi and so is my partner, if you don't like it, honestly you can kiss my [wagon].
...can I? :anxious:

I honestly could care less about sexual orientation though... I'll bust out Leviticus (the book the most quoted anti-gay passage comes from) and look for some similar rules. We're all going to hell \'

You can biologically play with fliesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ genes and make them become bisexual :D

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007 ... euroch.php

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Now that's a lie and you know it. Them ebil scientists manipulated them poor flies into choosing a sinful lifestyle. Genes ain't got nothing to do with it.

If the flies were to be born like that, it would also be manipulation to try and get them to become heterosexual.

God can kiss my [wagon] too, before people want to attempt to play with my neurotransmitters to help me become straight.

I was born the way I know and I'm happy with having the best of both worlds ::'

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

But I was on Facebook today and I found this on a pro gay/bi group wall

So what some random 15 year old on facebook thinks represents the way the rest of the world view gay people? I don't think so.

Considering a 15 year old is probably still thinking about topics such as this in roughly the same way their parents taught them -or how society is influencing them-, then yes, I do think they represent the way many people think about this topic.

First of all, get rid of the 'Gay Bashing' part of your post, and in the title, that's a little immature Deloria.

Could you explain to me how it's immature? Would you rather me call it harassment? Or is there another word you find more suitable for the matter at hand? Honestly, no offense intended. I'm dead serious, what would you rather me call it?

haha dont worry, if they can take a penis, they can take a joke! :lol:

Ahh, the dry humor of the young British male. Just like being down the pub.

Love it.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Nope no problems here - once again the old stance of "do whatever the hell you like provided you don't do it to me/let it affect me" works well here :lol:.

One thing I fail to understand about gay marriage though. Let me make the distinction first - marriage as in the Christian/religious concept and marriage as in the civil partnership sense. Now the later I can understand - people want to confirm their partnership/maybe gain the same rights or whatever - fair enough, that I can understand. Marriage as a religious concept though - how do couples fit past the "you're going to burn in hell" clause? Its no secret most religions decry homosexuality with punishments from damnation to stoning (and I'm not here to debate that or its correctness, the facts are the facts) so to want to be married in a church, by a minister seems paradoxical to me - wanting a union under a god that by all accounts hates you? That I fail to understand.

One point, I'm not trying to argue either side, just things I don't understand irritate me :lol: .

But to be fair i agree on the first anti group's name; God made Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve :lol:. Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

Did he? Really? Well in that case, damn, you've got us there. Hundreds of years of gay rights activism knocked back because people still believe in the inerrancy of Genesis.

The inerrancy of the Bible has nothing to do with what you quoted from Flame. Bravo on bashing people who believe in the inerrancy of the Bible, though. =D>

I don't understand why people who believe that homosexuality is immoral get bashed. If people are entitled to their own opinions that homosexuality is ok, people are entitled to the opinions that it is immoral.

It's is extremely hypocritical to say that people should be more accepting of homosexuals. When people say this they are not being accepting of peoples choices at all.

That being said. I accept that people are homosexual. But I don't accept gay marriage. I feel its immoral. That's my opinion, accept it. I don't bash homosexuals. I don't think I'm better. And I don't try to 'fix' them. I treat them like any other human. Maybe a little biased because I'm not homosexual. But still, I feel its immoral.

untitledyt6.jpg

I'm all for gays.

Just not gay adoption,

Why? Kids are so cruel.. How do you think the son or daughter of gay parents feels like when he goes to school, or gets dropped off by his parents...

IMO when gays adopt a child they are only thinking of their egotistical needs, not the childs.

I'm not saying gays aren't as qualified parents as straights, its just cruel to the child they are going to raise.

now for the religious side of the debate. God punished sodom and gommora with brimstone and fire, so if you follow the bible hes the greatest gay basher of em all.

that being said, im not religious.

Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

Why do people continually say crap like this? It isn't 'unnatural' to be gay. It happens in nature, both wild and civilized, and by the dictates of nature, i.e. by biological and environmental factors.

Would you say it's natural in the same way blindness is natural?

OT: As long as homosexuals don't sue churches for not allowing homosexual weddings in their buildings, then I don't really care. I don't see the point of any marriage other than a Christian marriage anyways.

summerpngwy6.jpg

People who eat shellfish are unclean:

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. -- Leviticus 11:9-12

Handicapped people are banned from church:

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron that in all future generations, his descendants who have physical defects will not qualify to offer food to their God. No one who has a defect may come near to me, whether he is blind or lame, stunted or deformed, or has a broken foot or hand, or has a humped back or is a dwarf, or has a defective eye, or has oozing sores or scabs on his skin, or has damaged testicles. Even though he is a descendant of Aaron, his physical defects disqualify him from presenting offerings to the LORD by fire. Since he has a blemish, he may not offer food to his God. However, he may eat from the food offered to God, including the holy offerings and the most holy offerings. Yet because of his physical defect, he must never go behind the inner curtain or come near the altar, for this would desecrate my holy places. I am the LORD who makes them holy. -- Leviticus 21:16-23

Barbershops are dens of professional sinners:

Do not clip your hair at the temples, nor trim the edges of your beard. -- Leviticus 19:27

Those are just some examples, all from the same book of the bible that condemns homosexuality...

I don't have anything against gays but I do have something against religious fanatics who enforce their views upon others so much. It's just a stupid fear of all that is unnatural or "not normal".

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I don't have anything against gays but I do have something against religious fanatics who enforce their views upon others so much. It's just a stupid fear of all that is unnatural or "not normal".
Religious fanatics who enforce their views upon others are no different than people who force any other view upon another person. For example gay rights people.

That being said. Most people in the Christian religion aren't fanatic. A small percentage may be, but thats besides the point.

Congrats on the religious bashing. Makes you look really sharp =D> .

untitledyt6.jpg

The Bible also disallows contact with women during their period, wearing clothes made of two types of thread, and touching the skin of a dead pig. It's is a storybook that's thousands of years old. It's full of [cabbage].

I've nothing against gay people personally.

Having said this, I'm a little uncomfortable around men who are outwardly gay. I mean guys who talk with the uber camp voice, dress feminine etc... yeah we get it, you're gay. Great

... i'll go get you a medal.

;)

Harrington.gif

I've nothing against gay people personally.

Having said this, I'm a little uncomfortable around men who are outwardly gay. I mean guys who talk with the uber camp voice, dress feminine etc... yeah we get it, you're gay. Great

... i'll go get you a medal.

;)

i also dont like women who can kick my [wagon] :lol:

Fook, the whole idea of homosexuals not being allowed to adopt because the kids would be bullied is pretty damn stupid if you ask me. Kids can be cruel, and if they want to be bullies they'll use anything. Handicap, skin colour, income, religion, etc.. Just address the bullying when it happens by explaining that it's nothing to bully about, but don't draw any extra attention to it.

Religious fanatics who enforce their views upon others are no different than people who force any other view upon another person. For example gay rights people.

They difference is what the views are. Religious views are viciously discriminatory targeted towards a specific group of people while gay rights views are seeking for equality.

Notice how I didn't say that I sided for gays. I'm not a fan of extremists in general and I don't like the extremists on the other side enforcing their views on people. However, religious extremists take it way farther than gay right extremists

That being said. Most people in the Christian religion aren't fanatic. A small percentage may be, but thats besides the point.

Correct, that's completely besides the point

Congrats on the religious bashing. Makes you look really sharp

I'm bashing religious extremists, not religion. :roll:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Fook, the whole idea of homosexuals not being allowed to adopt because the kids would be bullied is pretty damn stupid if you ask me. Kids can be cruel, and if they want to be bullies they'll use anything. Handicap, skin colour, income, religion, etc.. Just address the bullying when it happens by explaining that it's nothing to bully about, but don't draw any extra attention to it.

THink what you want.

You don't decide if ur child is handicapped. you dont decide your skin color, but you sure as hell decide if your gonna adopt a child and have it bullied for the first 10 years of existence.

Remember the baby doesn't make the choice either, and I believe every child should have the same chances of a normal life. And say what you want, but being an adopted child of gay parents isn't quite as normal as you might be prone to think. Thats just reality okay.

Like I said, thinking beyond ones personal selfish wants (i say wants, not needs) is the crucial factor when adopting a baby.

And if you think bullying is not something to be taken seriously, than Im not the "pretty damn stupid" one here. Bullying can scar a child for life, you should do some background reading on various serial killers to start with if you want to know what I mean.

Parenting is a relationship with a child. The most serious relationship in the whole world, not to be taken lightly. Forcing the thought that being gay is right upon a childs mind, a mind that is affected from day 1 by the parents, is not the right thing to do. The child should make its choice when the child comes of age and develops its own sexuality, never before.

And no matter what, having gay parents will demand explaining to the child, and the child will grow up learning that being gay is normal. Its not normal, its an abnormal bodily reaction upon onesself. I am nowhere saying its wrong. but its not normal. Normal is being attracted to the opposite sex and reproducing , continuing ones bloodline.

Don't misintepret me and think I'm against gays, but I'm against forcing homosexuality upon younger beings whose minds are open (especially open towards the parents) to believe anything, until they develop their own thoughts. And by that time it will more than likely be too late.