Homosexuality - Gay Bashing?

deloriagod

Wtf? Is like half of tip.it gay or something?

It's accepted that 1/10 people are gay/lesbian/bisexual. With that said, 1/10 are the people who have told their secret, there are a lot more people that are hiding it, I'm sure. That means some of your mates are gay or bisexual and hiding it.

Happy camping.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's accepted that 1/10 people are gay/lesbian/bisexual. With that said, 1/10 are the people who have told their secret, there are a lot more people that are hiding it, I'm sure. That means some of your mates are gay or bisexual and hiding it.

Happy camping.

The 1 out of the ten people that are hiding it are extremely smart. If I was a [bleep] i'd hide it also.

yoshi161.png

Happy camping.

The 1 out of the ten people that are hiding it are extremely smart. If I was a [bleep] i'd hide it also.

Wash your filthy mouth out with soap.

Happy camping.

Go play in traffic or something... -.-

One God made everyone yes but you shot yourself in the foot...If god made everyone he made bi/gay.

Two im Christian, I'm bi...Nothing wrong with it the bible is a guideline not the last words...

With due respect I do not believe that it is possible for one to genuinely be Christian, know what the Bible says, and still reject the Bible as God's word (and consiquentially the highest possible authority in matters of ethics). Any two of those three statements can be true of a person but not all three at the same time by the same person. However that is somewhat off topic and beyond this I have no intention of defending that possition here.

I am well aware that my possition is unpopular, however let me attempt to reclarify. Homosexuality, like many things in human affairs, is not God's intended plan; it is a biproduct of the fall and a corruption of what was intended. "All have sinned and fallen short the glory of God." You, me, everybody. Don't ask me how it is possible that God is who HE is and yet the world is imperfect... I have no idea. However the fact that such is the case does not necessarilly mean, as you seem to believe, that God is behind the imperfections in the world. All that is necessarilly true is that God allows them for some reason. In the specific instance that is being discussed this means that God is not necessarilly behind homosexuality any more then he is necessarilly behind adultry, murder, theft, or any of the other actions that are frowned upon by HIS Book. All that it has to mean is that God allows them to exist.

Like you just said...HIS book...In that book he created EVERYTHING on the world. So he created bi/Gay.

I think there is a distinction between creating everything and allowing for a corruption of what is created. Just as a tailor makes a suit and allows his client to rip it, God can create humans and allow for them to corrupt their existence. I would agree with Zealot, I do not think you can genuinely be Christian and at the same time propose that acting upon sexual desires with the same sex is what is intended for humanity. I dislike this weak-line of religious thought; if you accept Gods incorruptible word then you accept that acting upon homosexual desire is a sin. That being said, I also would compare this lucid thinking to that of the religious 'extremists'. I can not see why they are called extremists, their thought is just as comparable to liberal Christians as they both deny following religious code in the way it is intended. I would claim Zealots stance is the most credible Christian position you can take.

On situations like this it makes me happy I am agnostic.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I believe people can be more inclined to be gay but that doesn't make it ok to act on it from a Christian perspective. It is still a sin.

The logic of saying "Oh I'm gay" as an excuse to go out and have sex with people doesn't work. If it was some blanket excuse for doing what you wanted then "Oh I'm straight, I can't control going out and having sex with girls before marriage" would be legitimate as well.

I'm straight and my natural desires are to have sex with lots of hot girls. That doesn't mean I have the right to act on it from a moral viewpoint. A gay person's struggles with sin are the same as my own. I struggle with lust, they struggle with lust. I want to get a piece of someone I find attractive, they want a piece of someone they find attractive.

No one is perfect and everyone slips up at times but that doesn't make it ok. Our hormones don't rule our bodies.

Ambassadar.png

I dislike that people at my school use gay, and I'm ashamed that I use it. :(

So now, I say 'noobsauce.' :XD:

I read somewhere on these forums that another user says it, and after I read it, I got hooked too! It's so silly.

Noobsauce. Heehee.

Lmao, DaDieselDude. I go to school with him irl. It's true, he says it constantly.

Lol it's true. Glad it caught on a bit. :P

On topic: Since this is my first post on the discussion, I'll address the OP for a second...

I totally agree with you on the gay bashing. Being in a high school where most other high schools make jokes that the entire school is gay, it's kinda hard not to ignore.

I have one gay friend and one friend that I recently found out was bi irl. I have no problem hanging out with them and I wouldn't ever think of letting their orientation come between us. It makes me wonder sometimes when I hang out with them that people immediatly judge me as gay just for being with them. They both know my views on the subject and we never really talk about it except for the occasional joking around..."oh he's cute..." Things like that. Nothing harmful intended.

The only thing that I wonder about, I am only human right?, is that girls judge me like that as well. Do they think that I have the same orientation as well just because I hang out with them? Idk. In one perspective, if they make a quick judgement like that, do I really want to get involved with her? Many questions indeed...

Imo, It's wrong to judge someone purely on their orientation. Just get to know 'em for God's sake. You'll find out that they are just like you in many other ways.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I believe people can be more inclined to be gay but that doesn't make it ok to act on it from a Christian perspective. It is still a sin.

...'-'.

Dude, just call it a sin, as set by your belief system [although a why would be nice], and be done with it. No need to go on for another ten lines with more double standards than I've ever seen you in post in your entire time here at Tip.it.

The logic of saying "Oh I'm gay" as an excuse to go out and have sex with people doesn't work. If it was some blanket excuse for doing what you wanted then "Oh I'm straight, I can't control going out and having sex with girls before marriage" would be legitimate as well.

Who the heck do you know that uses "Oh I'm gay" as an excuse to have sex? If I was looking for sex, I wouldn't make some excuse, I'd just have sex...

I'm straight and my natural desires are to have sex with lots of hot girls. That doesn't mean I have the right to act on it from a moral viewpoint. A gay person's struggles with sin are the same as my own. I struggle with lust, they struggle with lust. I want to get a piece of someone I find attractive, they want a piece of someone they find attractive.

According to you, a gay person's struggles are not the same as your own. At the end of the day, homosexual acts are sins, and hetero ones are not. You can't just brush that aside and call your struggles "equal".

No one is perfect and everyone slips up at times but that doesn't make it ok. Our hormones don't rule our bodies.

You're telling me hormones don't rule your sexuality?

Wait, what? This is news to me; please explain :-s .

[side note: Would I be correct in assuming you believe being gay is, and only is, a choice Ambassador? I.e., you believe someone can't be born gay? Just wondering.]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm as puzzled as you are at this one. The answer should be interesting.

for the record. I've got nothing against gay people as long as they arent GAY! Really though, from what i've seen, my school must be the most homophobic place on the face of the earth. I cant imagine it being any worse.

Tk5SF.png

For people that don't believe in such things as sin and stuff just skip this. I'm not trying to dictate to anyone, just expressing my perspective from my belief system.

Dude, just call it a sin, as set by your belief system [although a why would be nice], and be done with it. No need to go on for another ten lines with more double standards than I've ever seen you in post in your entire time here at Tip.it.

Hmm... I wonder if we really do disagree or whether you think I'm trying to say something I'm not and it's just a misunderstanding.

Who the heck do you know that uses "Oh I'm gay" as an excuse to have sex? If I was looking for sex, I wouldn't make some excuse, I'd just have sex...

It seems like there is this idea out there that if someone feels they are gay then for some reason they feel like they are obligated to act on it. Like there is this attitude of like "Oh, I can't help it, I'm gay." Is my view wrong on that? I'm not saying I'm right on that, I'm just saying it's my perception at the moment so feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong.

According to you, a gay person's struggles are not the same as your own. At the end of the day, homosexual acts are sins, and hetero ones are not. You can't just brush that aside and call your struggles "equal".

Bottom line is sexual acts and lusting outside of marriage for anyone regardless of orientation is sinning according to the Bible. How is that a double standard?

I'm saying your hormones don't rule your actions. The only way they can rule you is if you let them.

[side note: Would I be correct in assuming you believe being gay is, and only is, a choice Ambassador? I.e., you believe someone can't be born gay? Just wondering.]

I don't think there is a gay gene but I do think each person out there has their own sins they are more inclined to struggle with. It could be lying, anger, homosexuality, looking at naked women

, whatever...
Ambassadar.png

I'm as puzzled as you are at this one. The answer should be interesting.

for the record. I've got nothing against gay people as long as they arent GAY! Really though, from what i've seen, my school must be the most homophobic place on the face of the earth. I cant imagine it being any worse.

Someone once said that everything you do, ever, when it comes down to it, is just an attempt to impress the opposite sex.

They're probably right. Thus, if hormones rule our sexuality, they must rule our lives. :mrgreen:

logo.jpg

Ambassadar, the problem with your standpoint here is this:

according to you and christianity the following are true:

- No sex before marriage

- Acording to most christians, however, gay's can't get married.

You see a... a small problem here?

Anyways I still don't understand you, are you saying being homosexuality is a sin or not, or is it just the act of having sex before marriage that is a sin. In which case if that is true than why the hell can't gay people get married?

I dislike that people at my school use gay, and I'm ashamed that I use it. :(

So now, I say 'noobsauce.' :XD:

I read somewhere on these forums that another user says it, and after I read it, I got hooked too! It's so silly.

Noobsauce. Heehee.

Yea I agree with Reb on this one. There are better words to use than "gay" and definitely better words to use than "noobsauce".

Got a problem with that?

Did I say I did?

Stop acting like it then...

Stop overreacting.

lope6jw0.jpg

- No sex before marriage

You see a... a small problem here?

Anyways I still don't understand you, are you saying being homosexuality is a sin or not, or is it just the act of having sex before marriage that is a sin. In which case if that is true than why the hell can't gay people get married?

I don't think we're referring to christianity as a whole, sounds more like catholics to me. Their theory, pretty much, is if you're gay, you're a sinner and banished from the religion. Which I don't understand, because there are a lot worse things than someone who likes doing it with blokes instead of women. If god really didn't intend people to be gay, he'd surely put some almighty holy barrier up every time gays have sex, or just make it impossible in the first place - but nope, you can do it.

logo.jpg

I don't think we're referring to christianity as a whole, sounds more like catholics to me. Their theory, pretty much, is if you're gay, you're a sinner and banished from the religion.

Incorrect. Ambassador holds the proper Christian [Catholic I guess] standpoint- being gay itself is not a sin, just the act. True Christians accept gays, but simply wish for them not to engage in acts of homosexual nature. This coincides with the "no sex before marriage" rule, as they can't marry in the first place.

The marriage rule is also justified by Catholic edict: Marriage holds two major properties of relationships: procreation and unity. Although gays can have the "unity", they don't have the procreation one, so Christianity finds it illogical to allow gays to marry.

Ya, it may seem like the Catholic spouts out some screwed up stuff sometimes, but that's the position of the Church; Ambassador's got it right.

Hmm... I wonder if we really do disagree or whether you think I'm trying to say something I'm not and it's just a misunderstanding.

I disagree with the belief that it's a sin but find no point in arguing it.

It seems like there is this idea out there that if someone feels they are gay then for some reason they feel like they are obligated to act on it. Like there is this attitude of like "Oh, I can't help it, I'm gay." Is my view wrong on that? I'm not saying I'm right on that, I'm just saying it's my perception at the moment so feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Ya, kinda, consider the number of people who've killed themselves over it rather than act on it... :| .

Bottom line is sexual acts and lusting outside of marriage for anyone regardless of orientation is sinning according to the Bible. How is that a double standard?

But homosexuals can't act on their feelings at all. They can't date, can't get close to another person of the same gender, can't kiss them, can't be romantic with a partner, it's all sins. Those actions, on the other hand, are not sins for straight people. Beyond that even, straight people know that if they truly love someone and plan to get married, they can eventually fully allow their relationship to blossom, in ways sexual or otherwise. Homosexuals are just left to, well, either a) rot and live alone for the rest of their lives, or B) try and become what they really aren't. Or c) I guess, acting on their feelings and becoming a sinful monster to the Church who must be "fixed" or be doomed to Hell.

I'm saying your hormones don't rule your actions. The only way they can rule you is if you let them.

I don't think there is a gay gene but I do think each person out there has their own sins they are more inclined to struggle with. It could be lying, anger, homosexuality, looking at naked women, whatever...

I'm sure someone else can write an essay for you explaining why the belief that homosexuality is always a choice is incorrect, 'cause I've long since lost the drive to do such research, proper citation, and essay writing in my posts >_<.

Someone want to cover hormones too? Havn't studied that in foeva, but I don't really see a human being being capable of truly ignoring or defying their hormones completely...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

So they've basically created a system where they accept homosexuals as long as they don't have sex and don't get married? hmm. hahah. Sounds like an Indian saying you can be Indian too but you're not allowed to look at Diwali.

Very grey-areaish.

Civil Partnerships for the win!

logo.jpg

So they've basically created a system where they accept homosexuals as long as they don't have sex and don't get married?

Just for the record, the church doesn't forbid homosexuals from marrying; the church forbids homosexuals from marrying each other. Any gay man can marry any woman he wants, just like any straight man is forbidden to marry any other man. It's not a question of gay rights, it's a question of the definition of marriage.

If god really didn't intend people to be gay, he'd surely put some almighty holy barrier up every time gays have sex, or just make it impossible in the first place - but nope, you can do it.

Yeah, God must have intended people to conduct nuclear warfare too because he didn't stop the Americans from dropping one on Japan.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Bah you know what he meant insane.

And still, how is that logical at all? At any rate, a question:

Is it ok for gay people (acording to you insane, ambass) to kiss and such? You know, not actually having intercourse.

So they've basically created a system where they accept homosexuals as long as they don't have sex and don't get married?

Just for the record, the church doesn't forbid homosexuals from marrying; the church forbids homosexuals from marrying each other. Any gay man can marry any woman he wants, just like any straight man is forbidden to marry any other man. It's not a question of gay rights, it's a question of the definition of marriage.

If god really didn't intend people to be gay, he'd surely put some almighty holy barrier up every time gays have sex, or just make it impossible in the first place - but nope, you can do it.

Yeah, God must have intended people to conduct nuclear warfare too because he didn't stop the Americans from dropping one on Japan.

In a way i'm torn on this. Part of me thinks that gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married because marriage is a christian thing and they forbid gay marriage. It's a bit like not letting under 18's in pubs, you can moan about it all you like but when it comes down to it they run the pub and if you don't fit the critera you're not allowed in. On the other hand though, marriage isn't exactely a purely christian thing these days, a large number of people get married with no intention of really joining the christian faith properly, it's just a bit of a standard, same way we all celebrate christmas but a lot of us don't really give a crap about anything religious tied to it.

As with the bomb thing, my point is, he didn't stop them, so if you ask me, evidentally wasn't his business. If god didn't intend anything nuclear, he wouldn't have put the materials on the earth for it to be possible. You've really got to look at it differently, nuclear bombs arn't really much to do with belief in god at all, but marriage is, seeing as it takes place in a church and is a religious ceremony, nothing religious really took place as the US bombed the crap out of the Japs, its just something people did. Anyway, this is very much my personal viewpoint and it's bound to start an arguement hahah.

logo.jpg

hehe, I'm not Catholic.

This is just my own opinion. I'm not taking anyone's official position.

- No sex before marriage

You see a... a small problem here? I totally know what you mean. I was just referring to pre marriage we are all in the same boat.

To me homosexuality is just like any other sin. It's not a sin to be tempted by sin. It's a sin only when you commit the sin. The Bible is pretty darn clear that sexual relations between members of the same sex in any circumstance is a sin.

I understand how someone could be more prone to being tempted by homosexuality because I have my own sins I am more prone to commit and have to work on more than others.

According to that I guess murdering someone is ok since it is possible for someone to commit that act. That is a weak argument.

Ambassadar.png

hehe, I'm not Catholic.

This is just my own opinion. I'm not taking anyone's official position.

- No sex before marriage

You see a... a small problem here? I totally know what you mean. I was just referring to pre marriage we are all in the same boat.

To me homosexuality is just like any other sin. It's not a sin to be tempted by sin. It's a sin only when you commit the sin. The Bible is pretty darn clear that sexual relations between members of the same sex in any circumstance is a sin.

I understand how someone could be more prone to being tempted by homosexuality because I have my own sins I am more prone to commit and have to work on more than others.

According to that I guess murdering someone is ok since it is possible for someone to commit that act. That is a weak argument.

You lot seem to be making such wild accusations. You're on human morality here, not religious morality. I never at any point said that anything was okay, I said if god was really that against homosexuality then he'd have made it impossible. What you're actually doing is blowing my statement wide open by using it in another completely unrelated context to prove me wrong. Murder has nothing to do with gay marriage, and besides, "thou shalt not kill" is one of the ten commandments, hence, god personally said don't do it. "thou shalt not be a homosexual" wasn't one.

My arguement's not weak at all, the reason that gay marriage is such a grey area in christianity is because people can bend the rules a little when it comes to it to fit in with modern day standards. You have to remember the bible's over 2000 years old (well, debatable,) and that times change. You're bound to find a lot more churches that accept gay marriage than accept murder because, as I said, it's a grey area in todays modern age.

logo.jpg

I'm curious what does the acronym GLBT stand for, it sounds like a sandwich to me (but most acronyms sound like sandwiches).

And on a more serious point, im guessing the "Gay marrige killed the dinasaurs" group is probably just a bunch of kids being... counter-intelligent.

And I dont think I'v noticed much gay bashing in my years, other then jokes people make, but jokes are allways great if they're in good taste.

I'm curious what does the acronym GLBT stand for, it sounds like a sandwich to me (but most acronyms sound like sandwiches).

And on a more serious point, im guessing the "Gay marrige killed the dinasaurs" group is probably just a bunch of kids being... counter-intelligent.

And I dont think I'v noticed much gay bashing in my years, other then jokes people make, but jokes are allways great if they're in good taste.

I'm not sure if the censor will let me post this, but GLBT stands for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transsexual. "It is widely used within the gay community as an inclusive means of incorporating groups other than gays and lesbians, that until recently, were not politically or socially recognized as being part of what has traditionally been called the gay community."

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I do not hate gay people, but I hate what they do with a passion.

We are not animals, we do not work on instincts. Even if your are genticially enycripted to like dogs or sheep, you still have a choice in the matter.

If gays do not have a choice, why can they choose "which boy" they want. Why can they show constraint rather than impulse.

I'm surpised indeed. People have always debated on Love and Lust, and have confirmed that lust is just a mere "feeling" and that the overall purpose in life is to love the girl, not to lust for her.

Being homosexual, IMO, is just lusting after the same gender.

People honestly think Homosexuality acts are "okay" yet its a unnatural thing. It must of taken ALOT of violence, porno, and propaganda for you to believe that.

How many guys do you see hating on girls when the girl wants to hit on them? None because its natural and they like it. Do it with the same gender and you got a problem, hence, all the guys bashing gay thing.

Really, you can say "your born with it, you have no choice, its just a way of life", I really don't care. The act itself will always be disgusting and unnatural to life.

Hell, if everyone went Gay, it would be mass suicide.

I know I probably won't convince anyone and get alot of negative e-points for what I say, but I really could care less when it comes to serious stuff like this.

Its so sad that people are so de-sensitized today that serious issues are nothing more than "preferances".

Why the hell do you think everyone is saying something is wrong with the world? Its certainly not because were living the right kinda life, or there wouldn't be as many complaints.

Really, I don't see how you can love anyone of the same sex gender in that kind of way. Either way, please don't try to argue with me, because i'm pretty stuck in stone in this way of thinking. Really.. you have to be brainwashed... to death to think its okay.

I think about half the people say "its okay" just so they think they love that person, but you can still hate the act and love the person. As always, I speak against homosexuality.

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me