Homosexuality - Gay Bashing?

deloriagod

Its obvious, that the general opinion of being gay is negative.

Things like "thats so gay" and "you're acting pretty gay dude, c'mon" prove it. People don't mean these sentences in positive ways.

I'm not saiying its right though.

I found that people in workplace and higher education stop using gay as in insult, its mainly uneducated teens that use it. ( I used to :wall: )

Saying uneducated teens use it is like saying all teens are uneducated.

OH and lots of older people, like in their 40s use it.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marduk can you please stop skipping around the bush on this? It seems like every one of your arguments against homosexuality makes no sense, or is completely unrelated. (Pedophilia != homosexuality, don't compare them please).

Political correctness, equality, and being nice to other people? What the hell is wrong with you people? You still watch Barney?

News Flash: Equality is a LIE.

Furthermore, gays and bi's made a choice. For example, in order to be a gay, you need to have decided that you like the same sex as oppose to the opposite sex. Just in that, I can hate gays. Because all gays had to make that choice, and if I hate people that have made that choice, then I can hate all gays. Because that's a requirement.

Strawman argument, ergo the rest of your post is bunk. As well as being bunk, it's also extremely bigoted, but you're not worth the time it would take to deconstruct point by point.

With all due respect, I'm losing my temper. Being gay is a choice. There is only a few animals that they have experimented on that can be born gay, and guess what? They're all hemaphrodite, asexual beings. Like worms. And they even had to be stimulated into it, pre birth.

Nothing of my post is 'bunk'. It's a valid logical conclusion. You, unfortunately, still believe that everybody is equal, which is...cabbage. Equality of opportunity in public society, yes...but when it comes to treading on other's private lands, we have every right to turn you away.

Calvin.jpg

Political correctness, equality, and being nice to other people? What the hell is wrong with you people? You still watch Barney?

News Flash: Equality is a LIE.

Furthermore, gays and bi's made a choice. For example, in order to be a gay, you need to have decided that you like the same sex as oppose to the opposite sex. Just in that, I can hate gays. Because all gays had to make that choice, and if I hate people that have made that choice, then I can hate all gays. Because that's a requirement.

Strawman argument, ergo the rest of your post is bunk. As well as being bunk, it's also extremely bigoted, but you're not worth the time it would take to deconstruct point by point.

With all due respect, I'm losing my temper. Being gay is a choice. There is only a few animals that they have experimented on that can be born gay, and guess what? They're all hemaphrodite, asexual beings. Like worms. And they even had to be stimulated into it, pre birth.

Nothing of my post is 'bunk'. It's a valid logical conclusion. You, unfortunately, still believe that everybody is equal, which is...cabbage. Equality of opportunity in public society, yes...but when it comes to treading on other's private lands, we have every right to turn you away.

Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

Why do people continually say crap like this? It isn't 'unnatural' to be gay. It happens in nature, both wild and civilized, and by the dictates of nature, i.e. by biological and environmental factors.

Some animals can display homosexual behaviour [1-2] and it's not a conscious choice for humans to be what sexual orientation they end up with; they end up with their orientation by biological and environmental factors [3-5].

[1][/url]":2w73ebtr]The question of whether animals can be homosexual has been extensively explored. In 1999, Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity, the result of 10 years of research by Bruce Bagemihl, documented many cases of homosexual behaviour in animals. It has been shown in 1,500 species, from rams to guinea pigs, chaffinches to warthogs.
[2][/url]":2w73ebtr]But, actually, some same-sex birds do do it. So do beetles, sheep, fruit bats, dolphins, and orangutans. Zoologists are discovering that homosexual and bisexual activity is not unknown within the animal kingdom.
[3][/url]":2w73ebtr]Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

[4][/url]":2w73ebtr]Is sexual orientation a choice?

No. For most people, sexual orientation emerges in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Some people report trying very hard over many years to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual, with no success. For these reasons, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation for most people to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed. People don't choose their sexual orientation; they can of course choose the kind of a life they want to live.

[5][/url]":2w73ebtr]Homosexuality is usually understood as the counterpart to heterosexuality, with bisexuality applied to individuals who manifest both heterosexual and homosexual behaviour or attraction. Such labels, however, represent an oversimplification. Not all people display consistency among their sexual feelings, behaviours, and identity; some experience considerable fluidity on their sexuality throughout their lives. Nevertheless, most adults in the United States report that they never made a conscious choice about their sexual orientation and that they have always felt the same type of sexual attractions and desires. They experience their sexuality as a deeply-rooted and unchangable part of themselves. Some research data suggest that this pattern is more common among men, with women somewhat more likely to percieve their sexuality as fluid and involving some degree of choice.

QED. Now go away. Preferably in the direction of an educated opinion.

Its like saying a black man is not the same as white man. Or a apple tree is not the same as an orange tree, they are both trees that fill the same role.

LAWL. A black man isn't the same as a white man.

For one, the black man is likely to be stronger.

For two, the black man is likely to be slightly less intelligent.

And don't call me racist. I believe in equality of opportunity for all people. But face it, after thousands of years of breeding, genes have segregated into separate gene pools.

Also do not believe that this is a universal LAW. It is not. I am white, and I am POSITIVE there are thousands if not millions of black men smarter than me. It goes the other way, too. I'm sure there are white men that are stronger than black men. But on average, we are different.

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/iq.htm

I'm not sure how credible this source is, I'm not sure. But I read it through, and it agrees with hundreds of other things I've read.

Henceforth, one cannot argue that gays are equal to straights. They sure as hell beat us in fashion, for the most part...but on a whole, gays, in my observations...tend to be lower on the ethics scale.

Calvin.jpg

Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

Why do people continually say crap like this? It isn't 'unnatural' to be gay. It happens in nature, both wild and civilized, and by the dictates of nature, i.e. by biological and environmental factors.

Some animals can display homosexual behaviour [1-2] and it's not a conscious choice for humans to be what sexual orientation they end up with; they end up with their orientation by biological and environmental factors [3-5].

[1][/url]":1re2blza]The question of whether animals can be homosexual has been extensively explored. In 1999, Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity, the result of 10 years of research by Bruce Bagemihl, documented many cases of homosexual behaviour in animals. It has been shown in 1,500 species, from rams to guinea pigs, chaffinches to warthogs.
[2][/url]":1re2blza]But, actually, some same-sex birds do do it. So do beetles, sheep, fruit bats, dolphins, and orangutans. Zoologists are discovering that homosexual and bisexual activity is not unknown within the animal kingdom.
[3][/url]":1re2blza]Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

[4][/url]":1re2blza]Is sexual orientation a choice?

No. For most people, sexual orientation emerges in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Some people report trying very hard over many years to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual, with no success. For these reasons, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation for most people to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed. People don't choose their sexual orientation; they can of course choose the kind of a life they want to live.

[5][/url]":1re2blza]Homosexuality is usually understood as the counterpart to heterosexuality, with bisexuality applied to individuals who manifest both heterosexual and homosexual behaviour or attraction. Such labels, however, represent an oversimplification. Not all people display consistency among their sexual feelings, behaviours, and identity; some experience considerable fluidity on their sexuality throughout their lives. Nevertheless, most adults in the United States report that they never made a conscious choice about their sexual orientation and that they have always felt the same type of sexual attractions and desires. They experience their sexuality as a deeply-rooted and unchangable part of themselves. Some research data suggest that this pattern is more common among men, with women somewhat more likely to percieve their sexuality as fluid and involving some degree of choice.

QED. Now go away. Preferably in the direction of an educated opinion.

GTFO yourself. I research things. I know not to back [cabbage] unless I have evidence. I'm in my schools debate class, and I'm one of the best damn PF teams this side of the West.

Gay, bisexual, and other forms of sexual orientation that is not heterosexual is NOT natural. People are gay in our society for love, sex, and for a partner. It's not so in nature. The Week, November 2007 stated that German scientists managed to reproduce effects of homosexuality in the wild in the form of a WORM, however test results are doubted due to the fact that worms are hemaphrodite or carry both sexual organs, and can choose to reproduce asexually if needed or sexually with another worm.

In other examples of homosexuality in nature, for example, your 'birds', in nature sex has become a way to trade. For example, once again, Bonobo monkey's in (Africa?) have been known to commit homosexual acts in order to obtain food or tools from other members of society. (Number of sources, Wikipedia included) I'm sure the birds were doing the exact same thing...and, ah yeah, birds can't have gay sex because males do not have sexual organs.

Grow a brain and research before you bs, please. Because frankly, I'm getting sick of being the only person here whom values truth and intelligence above other people's feelings.

Calvin.jpg

Warri0r has posted 5 credible sources on the subject mater... you've just kind of blabbered. If anyone needs to learn to research it is YOU, please, name sources for the crap spewing out of your mouth.

I'm signing this petition. We don't need a flaming idiot with a superiority complex running around here spouting unreasonable, unsupported, and frankly offensive crap.

p2gq.jpg

The fact that you just cited wikipedia as a reliable source makes your entire post moot. And could we see some sources? You say warrior didn;t research, when he has sources, but you don't...odd....

And you do not talk to warrior like that! lol

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

And sorry for the missed post earlier about the history of Earth, but...scientists say that micro forms of life (single cell eukaryotic beings) appeared on earth 2 billion years ago. That's when the purpose of reproducing began.

And [bleep]ing A people, I just named three sources. I said Wikipedia was AMONG them. I stated the Week as a source (NEWS MAGAZINE) and library.flawlesslogic as another, which is also a credible source. What more do you need?

Calvin.jpg

You're telling warri0r he doesn't back up his posts? You?

:uhh:

Indeed. I fart in his general direction! Or, something like that.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Pfft. Like I care about your flaming.

Oh, and by the way, I thought he was quoting people on tip.it with those. I just read back, saw my mistake, and I apologize. But for most other people? They don't.

But to you, Warrior, I personally apologize and hope you accept my sincerest sorry.

And as for you, N0m An0r or whatever, I don't have an overinflated ego. I just happen to be right. And...yes, I am being smug. But I have plenty of more intelligent as oppose to more 'happy equality' evidence than he does.

Calvin.jpg

I need to join the "Don't like gay marriage? Then don't get one and STFU!" group. Exactly my opinions on the issue. People in Georgia think I'm crazy when I approve it, but I see nothing wrong with it. The best they can come up with is the Bible, and even though I'm a Christian, there is supposed to be separation between church and state.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

You linked to a racial nationalist website. Biased sources are not credible, and a source from people who believe that segregation is the right direction for the US to go in is so deep in bias it's not funny.

And making statements like 'I don't have an overinflated ego, I just happen to be right' is hypocritical to the extreme.

p2gq.jpg

GTFO yourself. I research things. I know not to back [cabbage] unless I have evidence. I'm in my schools debate class, and I'm one of the best damn PF teams this side of the West.

Gay, bisexual, and other forms of sexual orientation that is not heterosexual is NOT natural. People are gay in our society for love, sex, and for a partner. It's not so in nature. The Week, November 2007 stated that German scientists managed to reproduce effects of homosexuality in the wild in the form of a WORM, however test results are doubted due to the fact that worms are hemaphrodite or carry both sexual organs, and can choose to reproduce asexually if needed or sexually with another worm.

In other examples of homosexuality in nature, for example, your 'birds', in nature sex has become a way to trade. For example, once again, Bonobo monkey's in (Africa?) have been known to commit homosexual acts in order to obtain food or tools from other members of society. (Number of sources, Wikipedia included) I'm sure the birds were doing the exact same thing...and, ah yeah, birds can't have gay sex because males do not have sexual organs.

Grow a brain and research before you bs, please. Because frankly, I'm getting sick of being the only person here whom values truth and intelligence above other people's feelings.

Cough it up then. Sources or stop spouting BS assuming I'll bite. You can claim superiority in the fact that you say you're on a debate team and telling me to 'grow a brain and research' but I've already done that. I've already shown that sexual orientation can not be chosen and animals display homosexual behaviour.

If you want to debate for what reason animals display homosexual behaviour then show me your sources.

I think there's an interesting point here on which to make a distinction. It's pretty clear that animals can show homosexual behaviour, but can they actually be oriented in the homosexual sexual orientation, which it seems to me you're arguing they can't?

[1][/url]":3220gi1a]In his 1999 book, Biological Exuberance, Bruce Bagemihl documented many cases of homosexual behaviour in animals. But as researchers point out, occasional homosexual behaviour is not the same as exclusive homosexuality. "The issue is complicated because we don't know anything about the eroticism in the heads of animals," says Linda Wolfe, head of anthropology at East Carolina University.

The same source then goes on to say:

Last year, Charles Roselli at the Ohio Health and Science University reported differences in the brains of gay rams. Certain groups of cells that govern sexuality in the rams' brains were different in those that preferred rams to ewes. According to Roselli, about 8% of domestic rams show a sexual preference for other males.

So perhaps some animals, other than us, can be homosexually oriented? I think it needs further study, and I need your sources. :)

Edit:::

But to you, Warrior, I personally apologize and hope you accept my sincerest sorry.

Apology accepted.

But perhaps I was hasty too. I apologize, I'll take your word for it and take your 'The Week' source of nov. 2007. As you claim, it states that homosexuality was reproduced in worms yet this result was doubted due to the worms being hermaphroditic. (how does this make the results doubtful?)

I have a source from the previous month to yours which concludes that:

"The conclusion is that sexual attraction is wired into brain circuits common to both sexes of worms, and is not caused solely by extra nerve cells added to the male or female brain,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Not going to wade into this beehive too deep (especially with someone who uses the word 'tolerant' to describe this :uhh:), but as a resident of the first country in history with fully legalized gay marriage, I have to say it's been working out fine so far. No tornadoes, locusts, droughts, famines, no satanic cults slaughtering young male virgins in orgy-like rituals... The latest reports I read on children adopted into the house of a same-sex couple indicate that the only difficulty these families encounter is being treated negatively by people outside the family circle because of the parents' sexual orientation. Other than that, there was no evidence that the children being raised by gay parents were any worse off than straight parents (and before everybody starts yelling for links, it's written in Dutch).

Raven, nobody cares about how good a debater you are. Honestly, we don't. Remember that letter? Is that what you call evidence? It looked more like a piece of [cabbage] to me.

Anyway, what is honestly wrong with gay people? Sure they're different, but they're still human. If Christians bash gays, then I guess I'm agnostic or what the hell it is. Screw the churches that say that, they're the ones that "God" dislikes.

You all are pushing limits of ignorance. A few of you I apologize to. Including Warrior, I failed to see his sources. Yet people tend to ignore my humane side and focus on my arguments. I don't see why we can't be civil, here.

In what studies that I personally have seen, surveys and the such, it is largely an admittance that at least living gay is a choice. I'm going to give ground.

[1] This site states that being gay is undoubtedly a choice - admitted by a gay man himself.

The advocates of the pro-gay stance have almost exclusively maintained that homosexuality is not a choice, that gay people are "born that way," and this is an unchangeable, connatural state. This assertion, as any gay person knows in their heart if not their speech, is utter pretense.

Being gay is no more natural than wearing cotton-polyester sweaters, cross-country skiing, Velveeta or Catholicism. Being gay is a choice and I know this for a fact because IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m gay and I chose to be so.

[2] states that there is no clear conclusion, and since science has offered no scientific proof, there is no option to accept, only that being gay is a choice.

The studies which people usually refer to support the existence of a "gay gene" do not offer a clear conclusion. The most frequently cited one was published in 1993 by Hamer and his colleagues at the National Institutes of Health. They examined DNA samples from men who self-identified as gay and other gay family members. They claimed to have found a DNA segment, called a "marker," which correlates with sexual orientation-but only in 2/3s of the men.
This specific piece of evidence is saying that either there is no gene, or 1/3 of all men are gay. Which...frankly, would be weird. :-s

Although Hamer was recently quoted as saying "there is no 'gay gene' and I've never thought there was. Genes play a role and there is probably more than one of them and other factors as well," this statement backpedals from his triumphant 1993 claims of having found "the first concrete evidence that 'gay genes' really do exist," made extensively in the print media and as a featured guest on "Nightline" and "The MacNeil/Lehrer News Hour."

None of the results of any of these studies support the claim that any single gene can determine sexual orientation.

Even he, later on in life, quoted that he was lying, stretching statistics, and didn't believe in his research. And it is even said that no other researchers managed to find any form of 'gay' gene.

Prentice Hall Biology, Miller Levine, Kenneth R. Miller, Ph.D Professor of Biology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, with Joseph Levine, Ph.D. Science writer and Producer, Concord Massachusetts. Said that there were only 46 human chromosomes.

[3] Is said that most of the credibility of 'gay gene' claims are faux.

P.S. NARTH stands for National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality

No. There is no evidence that shows that homosexuality is simply "genetic." And none of the research claims there is. Only the press and certain researchers do, when speaking in sound bites to the public.

Gene Linkage Studies

Dean Hamer and his colleagues had performed a common type of behavioral genetics investigation called the "linkage study." Researchers identify a behavioral trait that runs in a family, and then:

a) look for a chromosomal variant in the genetic material of that family, and

B) determine whether that variant is more frequent in family members who share the particular trait.

To the layman, the "correlation" of a genetic structure with a behavioral trait means that trait "is genetic"-in other words, inherited.

In fact, it means absolutely nothing of the sort, and it should be emphasized that there is virtually no human trait without innumerable such correlations.

Most of the studies that involve looking for irregular gene traits are not only false, but misled by a combination of genes. According to the Human Genome Project, there could be an estimated 30,000 different human genes. There is sure to be irregularities, especially with DNA coding billions of times over, to only get checked once by polymerase before getting reproduced. Enzymes are not foolproof.

Scientists Know the Truth about "Gay Gene" Research

But before we consider the specifics, here is what serious scientists think about recent genetics-of-behavior research. From Science, 1994:

Time and time again, scientists have claimed that particular genes or chromosomal regions are associated with behavioral traits, only to withdraw their findings when they were not replicated. "Unfortunately," says Yale's [Dr. Joel] Gelernter, "it's hard to come up with many" findings linking specific genes to complex human behaviors that have been replicated. "...All were announced with great fanfare; all were greeted unskeptically in the popular press; all are now in disrepute."{1}

Despite most uneducated (Please, I say this lightly, and when I say uneducated, I mean that they are not AS educated as these top end quality) people claim that they are gay by birth, it is simply because they maybe made the choice earlier on. Maybe their brains thought about it subconsciously (the brain is processing power is enormous; we are only aware of a tiny fraction of what we think about) and immediately imposed the choice onto the character who admitted to being gay. Scientists agree with this, and they are unable to agree with any form of 'gay gene'.

Conclusion: The Gay Gene is an unreliable fall back as a form of excuse of gay behavior. There is absolutely no solid proof that there is any gay gene out there that controls sexual behavior. However, as gays have demonstrated, their IS proof that it is a choice.

EDIT: In my own defense, I wrote that letter when I was upset. I get a lot of taunting at my school for being catholic, and I just put together some...bad dots. I'd rather not be held to it, but you may believe what you must. And second off...there isn't anything wrong with gays. There really isn't. It's not like they're wrong, or I'm right, or visa versa, my only problem is their encroachment on the church's sacred act of Marriage. (Which, by the way, is a Christian sacrament which required Baptism, Reconciliation, Communion, and Confirmation before it)

EDIT SQUARED: Uhm....furthermore I'd like to state that I think we should give gay's the right to marry within the government. Cool, whatever, but a lot of them are demanding religious ceremonies. At the root of it, that's what I'm vehemently oppose to.

Calvin.jpg

I don't support gays but, I'm not against them I don't have a problem with people who like others of the same sex It's different, but so are people who where sandals in the snow, but people don't make fun of them. I don't make fun of gays but I stick up for them just like I stick up for anyone who is being bullied. It's not right, and if I'm correct isn't it a ate crime to hurt someone because there gay?

I'm a thinker but am often short of words sorry if my posts are shorter than expected...

OMG I cant wait for the cleaning skill!

Congratz, You are now level 99 cleaning, you can clean rust stains with all new Extra Strength CLR!

Not going to wade into this beehive too deep (especially with someone who uses the word 'tolerant' to describe this :uhh:), but as a resident of the first country in history with fully legalized gay marriage, I have to say it's been working out fine so far. No tornadoes, locusts, droughts, famines, no satanic cults slaughtering young male virgins in orgy-like rituals... The latest reports I read on children adopted into the house of a same-sex couple indicate that the only difficulty these families encounter is being treated negatively by people outside the family circle because of the parents' sexual orientation. Other than that, there was no evidence that the children being raised by gay parents were any worse off than straight parents (and before everybody starts yelling for links, it's written in Dutch).

I never said that kids were worse off being raised by gays than straights. Admittedly, it would certainly be...different, that truly gets down to the person themselves. Beyond sexual preference. Don't get me wrong, there are things deeper, and I believe and know that. It all just depends if you can bite past the shell...and in certain circumstances, I honestly can't.

EDIT: Furthermore...I looked through all of my posts because of that statement, and I've never claimed to be tolerant. In fact...I don't think I'm very good at that at all. Still, I try! :thumbsup:

Calvin.jpg

raven_gaurd0, after all your bashing of gays, I find it ironic that one of your sources is a gay man -- the very thing you seemed to disrespect. :)

Is this really one of your credible sources? Does this one unknown and unreliable gay poster mean it's true in all cases? The poster writes as if he speaks for all gays -- yet this is not true.

I'll retaliate with another unreliable and uncredible poster to match your own. This is just another opinion, but it was an interesting read nevertheless.

http://forums.hotgaylist.com/index.php? ... d&pid=1633 (edit: warning, the forum probably contains lots of porn spam)

... Ever since I can remember, males have appealed to me. I check guys out, I think about guys when I masturbate, and I dream about guys. The opposite sex has some appeal to me however. Nobody knows that I am gay; I have kept it very secret. You can't tell that I am gay by the way I walk, talk, or act. Nobody has any idea that I am gay, and it would be an absolute shock to anybody who knows me.

I first want to tell you that I did not choose to be gay. Do you really think that when a boy is 13 or 14, he decides to be gay? You're wrong. Ask yourself: Why would somebody choose to sacrifice a wife and a family ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã