Homosexuality - Gay Bashing?

deloriagod

Don't care what someone is, as long as it's not hurting someone.

But i do think, that religion is used as an answer in questions when it shouldn't be. Sure, it's a bit hard for to gays to get kids with eachothers, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Like "you will burn in hell, for you have sin in god's eyes!", is pure bs. But hey, the human just walked up straight from the sea onto the land... Don't forget that... Lmao.

Anyways, i don't care if you're gay or not, as long as you are happy.

But i must say that those who have very high voices, dress a bit too obvious and such annoyes me.

And i'm not really 100% comfortable being around them if i ever encounter one.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

Fook, the whole idea of homosexuals not being allowed to adopt because the kids would be bullied is pretty damn stupid if you ask me. Kids can be cruel, and if they want to be bullies they'll use anything. Handicap, skin colour, income, religion, etc.. Just address the bullying when it happens by explaining that it's nothing to bully about, but don't draw any extra attention to it.

THink what you want.

You don't decide if ur child is handicapped. you dont decide your skin color, but you sure as hell decide if your gonna adopt a child and have it bullied for the first 10 years of existence.

Remember the baby doesn't make the choice either, and I believe every child should have the same chances of a normal life. And say what you want, but being an adopted child of gay parents isn't quite as normal as you might be prone to think. Thats just reality okay.

Like I said, thinking beyond ones personal selfish wants (i say wants, not needs) is the crucial factor when adopting a baby.

And if you think bullying is not something to be taken seriously, than Im not the "pretty damn stupid" one here. Bullying can scar a child for life, you should do some background reading on various serial killers to start with if you want to know what I mean.

[/hide]

Actually if people want to bully, they'll bully someone no matter what.

Its all about goddamn upbringing. Maybe daddy didn't hug them enough as a child, maybe they have bad parents, or maybe they are goddamn spoilt.

I'd rather a child had gay parents than having no parents at all. Going through childhood without parental figures can be tough. Also I think young children are LESS likely to bully someone over gay parents, they wouldn't understand it as it is. Sure some little brat would, but he'd bully over the most insignificant thing. Also you don't decide if the kid is going to be bullied, you got little brats who decide that for you.

I was somewhat bullied as a kid for no damn reason. Guess what? Its all the dumb [bleep]s that do it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

[hide]
Fook, the whole idea of homosexuals not being allowed to adopt because the kids would be bullied is pretty damn stupid if you ask me. Kids can be cruel, and if they want to be bullies they'll use anything. Handicap, skin colour, income, religion, etc.. Just address the bullying when it happens by explaining that it's nothing to bully about, but don't draw any extra attention to it.

THink what you want.

You don't decide if ur child is handicapped. you dont decide your skin color, but you sure as hell decide if your gonna adopt a child and have it bullied for the first 10 years of existence.

Remember the baby doesn't make the choice either, and I believe every child should have the same chances of a normal life. And say what you want, but being an adopted child of gay parents isn't quite as normal as you might be prone to think. Thats just reality okay.

Like I said, thinking beyond ones personal selfish wants (i say wants, not needs) is the crucial factor when adopting a baby.

And if you think bullying is not something to be taken seriously, than Im not the "pretty damn stupid" one here. Bullying can scar a child for life, you should do some background reading on various serial killers to start with if you want to know what I mean.

[/hide]

Actually if people want to bully, they'll bully someone no matter what.

Its all about goddamn upbringing. Maybe daddy didn't hug them enough as a child, maybe they have bad parents, or maybe they are goddamn spoilt.

I'd rather a child had gay parents than having no parents at all. Going through childhood without parental figures can be tough. Also I think young children are LESS likely to bully someone over gay parents, they wouldn't understand it as it is. Sure some little brat would, but he'd bully over the most insignificant thing. Also you don't decide if the kid is going to be bullied, you got little brats who decide that for you.

I was somewhat bullied as a kid for no damn reason. Guess what? Its all the dumb [bleep] that do it.

Swearing doesn't make anyone take you more serious.

Yes, going through life without parental figures can be tough, and wil definitely affect ones life later on. It doesn't mean the child should end up in the first and best gay couple that shows up. The child should have the same chances at a normal upbringing (and i explained normal upbringing) as the next child.

I'm not talking about toddlers and 3rd graders as I suspect you are. But imagine the kid is 14 or older. Thats where the real fun starts for the bullies. You know this if you were bullied through school.

"Look there goes Big Bobby, he wears pink because his dads told him its the summer color".

Okay this is going by my School.

About 2 years ago, when we were in Third Year, the bullying was almost non-exsistant (except one [wagon] who everyone hated anyway, so he had no presence). People grow up, we are now better educated, we stay away from others we'd rather not be around. Guess what? Its all those 3rd Years doing the bullying now. 4th Year and onwards, people grow up, take things more seriously (except said [wagon]). Responsibility changes everyone.

Yes I know how bullies work, you can't ignore them for them to stop. Go see a guidance teacher (or any teacher for that matter). Eventually they stop, I realise there was no need to swear, I just couldn't find a suitable word. Guess who all those bullies were, the smokers, who got in trouble with the police (mind you everyone can), and some even dropped out completely (or were suspended I don't know).

As I have said before, we are better educated now, there is an anti-bullying week, almost everyone is making a move to stamp out bullying. And I have to say its working, here at least anyway.

As its been said before, people will bully for any reason possible, even if its insignificant, kids can be awful, but remember, they grow up.

Oh and real mature about that thing about Pink, guys wear pink now, some people have at my school. I bet you were one of those goddamn bullies in school.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Fook: I have a question for you.

What if we lived in a world that, for some reason, maybe a reason coming from old religious document had something against people with green eyes? It would be considered extremely lame amongst some people to have green eyes, excpesially amongst conservative people.

Kids who had green eyed parent's would get bullied at school.

Would you be agains't people with green eyes having children/adopting children?

And, no this is not bad example at all. having gay parents doesn't affect children in any more negative ways than having parents with green eyes. So what if they grow into believing being gay is ok? It IS ok. It's just sex..

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

It's is extremely hypocritical to say that people should be more accepting of homosexuals. When people say this they are not being accepting of peoples choices at all.

I will agree, it is hypocritical. But what are gays supposed to do? Sit back and take the nasty things that said to them? Just accept the fact that the gov't can take freedoms like marriage away and they can't do anything about it?

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone shut their damn mouths and let other live in peace? Then debates like this wouldn't be needed. Every straight person in the world could despise gay people, but it wouldn't matter because nobody would know, right? But we're all so arrogant and full of ourselves, we think everyone needs to know every thought that goes through our heads. And I bet you can all agree, some of those thoughts should just be kept to yourself and we'd live a world that was a little better.

Just not gay adoption,

Why? Kids are so cruel.. How do you think the son or daughter of gay parents feels like when he goes to school, or gets dropped off by his parents...

IMO when gays adopt a child they are only thinking of their egotistical needs, not the childs.

I'm not saying gays aren't as qualified parents as straights, its just cruel to the child they are going to raise.

I personally think it would be worse on the child to grow up moving from foster home to foster home or in an orphanage than with gay parents. Maybe they'll get teased, at least they'll grow up tough. And I really have to disagree about the parents only thinking of their egotistical needs. What if the parents acutally want to help that child out? What if they don't just want to say "Yeah, we adopted and made this kids life better" ?

Back when I was at church (brainwashed happy clappy Christian) Our youth leaders would tell us how gay people were horrible, unclean and generally awful people and needed Jesus's help.. This wasn't just at one church I've been to plenty where the message was more or less the same.

Then I met a great gay person in school, learned some science, learned to think for myself and decided that the Bible is an outdated book of stories.

So yeah the point I'm getting at is the Church's intolerance to homosexuality was one of the reasons I lost faith.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Would you say it's natural in the same way blindness is natural?

That's more of a departure from normal species functioning though. Homosexuality is just a variation of an attribute of normal species functioning.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

...I don't understand why people who believe that homosexuality is immoral get bashed. If people are entitled to their own opinions that homosexuality is ok, people are entitled to the opinions that it is immoral. ...

That being said. I accept that people are homosexual. But I don't accept gay marriage. I feel its immoral. That's my opinion, accept it. I don't bash homosexuals. I don't think I'm better. And I don't try to 'fix' them. I treat them like any other human. Maybe a little biased because I'm not homosexual. But still, I feel its immoral.

Actually, I find it acceptable that you find homosexuality immoral, because you "don't bash them or think that you are better than them". IMO, it would be wrong if you actually made decisions based on sexual preference (as in not hiring or not buying from a competent gay), or if you actively tried to change them.

Also, gays seek marriage in a civil way only, in order to receive the legal benefits from it. As far as I know they wouldn't want to get married by the same church that sends them to hell.

It's is extremely hypocritical to say that people should be more accepting of homosexuals. When people say this they are not being accepting of peoples choices at all.

There is a big difference, though. Homophobic views (not like yours) actually harm homosexuals; they get directly impaired in society because of these views. However, accepting people's choices (on sexual preference) harms nobody. See the difference?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I still don't understand why the people who hate gays think it affects them if people are gay. And the religious fanatics? I have some doubts that they seriously care who goes to hell and who doesn't and why they do/don't. I personally don't care if people are gay or not. It's their life, let 'em live it.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

There's tons of sexual discrimination in our school. We were talking about it in health class once: they said things like they always PDA too much, they like every guy they see, etc. It's ridiculous. They only think like that because their opinion on normal is so [bleep]ing warped up in this school.

Law should have nothing to do with marriage. For god's sake, keep law out of legalizing any type of marriage.

Yes, I support gay rights 100%. I'm in the GSA at my school and everything like that.

Sexual orientation is a personal decision, so I can't see why anyone should be made fun of for it.

to be honest i think sexual orientation in most cases is not personal decision, but somewhere in the genetics. supposedly 1/10 of the world is gay or bisexual or whatever and i highly doubt it's that high because of personal decision

a human is a human. all humans have dif opinions on things ( such as liking people the same gender) but are still humans and shoudlnt really be against it as everyone is different.

i dont have anything genst gays. heck some people in my school are but no1 really digs at them constantly (well what i know anyways)

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

But I was on Facebook today and I found this on a pro gay/bi group wall

So what some random 15 year old on facebook thinks represents the way the rest of the world view gay people? I don't think so.

Please, dont talk.

Facebook is made up of people aging from 15 (high school) to their 30s. Facebook consists of members who are the future of our society. I'm positive their opinions matter. While they may not represent the whole world, they represent a good part of our (my) generation.

[hide]

Its unnatural to be gay whether you like it or not.

Why do people continually say crap like this? It isn't 'unnatural' to be gay. It happens in nature, both wild and civilized, and by the dictates of nature, i.e. by biological and environmental factors.

Some animals can display homosexual behaviour [1-2] and it's not a conscious choice for humans to be what sexual orientation they end up with; they end up with their orientation by biological and environmental factors [3-5].

[1][/url]":15p5cagx]The question of whether animals can be homosexual has been extensively explored. In 1999, Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity, the result of 10 years of research by Bruce Bagemihl, documented many cases of homosexual behaviour in animals. It has been shown in 1,500 species, from rams to guinea pigs, chaffinches to warthogs.
[2][/url]":15p5cagx]But, actually, some same-sex birds do do it. So do beetles, sheep, fruit bats, dolphins, and orangutans. Zoologists are discovering that homosexual and bisexual activity is not unknown within the animal kingdom.
[3][/url]":15p5cagx]Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

[4][/url]":15p5cagx]Is sexual orientation a choice?

No. For most people, sexual orientation emerges in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Some people report trying very hard over many years to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual, with no success. For these reasons, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation for most people to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed. People don't choose their sexual orientation; they can of course choose the kind of a life they want to live.

[5][/url]":15p5cagx]Homosexuality is usually understood as the counterpart to heterosexuality, with bisexuality applied to individuals who manifest both heterosexual and homosexual behaviour or attraction. Such labels, however, represent an oversimplification. Not all people display consistency among their sexual feelings, behaviours, and identity; some experience considerable fluidity on their sexuality throughout their lives. Nevertheless, most adults in the United States report that they never made a conscious choice about their sexual orientation and that they have always felt the same type of sexual attractions and desires. They experience their sexuality as a deeply-rooted and unchangable part of themselves. Some research data suggest that this pattern is more common among men, with women somewhat more likely to percieve their sexuality as fluid and involving some degree of choice.
Anyway I've got nothing against gays. What they do behind closed doors is none of my concern.
[/hide]

God, I love you Warrior. You're the first person (afaik) that consistently backs up his/her argument with factual evidence. It's great! =D>

Me, I couldn't be bothered.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

That's more of a departure from normal species functioning though. Homosexuality is just a variation of an attribute of normal species functioning.

What do you mean by "normal species functioning", and how does it apply to homosexuality and not blindness?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Sexual orientation is a personal decision, so I can't see why anyone should be made fun of for it.

to be honest i think sexual orientation in most cases is not personal decision, but somewhere in the genetics. supposedly 1/10 of the world is gay or bisexual or whatever and i highly doubt it's that high because of personal decision

Wasn't it proven before to be some sort of gene or something...Ill find the thing of what im on about later...

Ok, Ive seen points stating that being gay is ok becuase Its there choice, or gentics.

What about paedophiles, You could state the same points.

What about Bestiality? Exact same statments can be applied.

Where is the line drawn? If not at homosexuality then where? Sex is for Procreation, thats why kids keep having kids. what kinda morals are people teaching there kids? Yes hating people for the way they are isnt good, but you have to put ur foot down when things become unhealthy for society and people.

Just becauce something is seen in nature doesnt mean we need to do it as the items listed above. Ill add canablism to that, Since monkeys eat monkeys then its alright for humans to eat humans?

Sirhappy2002.png

Ok, Ive seen points stating that being gay is ok becuase Its there choice, or gentics.

Where is the line drawn? If not at homosexuality then where? Sex is for Procreation, thats why kids keep having kids. what kinda morals are people teaching there kids? Yes hating people for the way they are isnt good, but you have to put ur foot down when things become unhealthy for society and people.

Just becauce something is seen in nature doesnt mean we need to do it as the items listed above. Ill add canablism to that, Since monkeys eat monkeys then its alright for humans to eat humans?

I don't understand what you are getting at? You said it yourself:

you have to put ur foot down when things become unhealthy for society and people.
Homosexuality doesn't hurt society or people. :-s

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Key word here being gentics, I hope you realize.

Who in God's name told you the only reason for sex is procreation?

Don't say the Church, 'cause you'd be misinformed if you thought that was the proper source for such a ludicrous belief. I've taken seven years of learning this crap, so don't respond unless you've got some sources to back you up; sex is more than just 'procreation', even the Church testifies to that.

And on top of that, what about homosexuality is "unhealthy for society and people"? I'd love to hear your take on it.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I don't understand why people who believe that homosexuality is immoral get bashed. If people are entitled to their own opinions that homosexuality is ok, people are entitled to the opinions that it is immoral.

Interesting perspective.

I think one of the important things to note here is that sexual orientation is not an opinion or a decision, but rather a biological component that we have very little self-control over.

It can be compared to skin colour. Is it immoral to be born with black skin instead of white?

Generally, though, I agree that "be accepting" is a hypocritical statement. We cannot truly be accepting of everyone as many opinions go against certain laws and/or morals in our society (for example, we cannot simply accept a serial killer because of their different opinions).

I would say yes, as they are both things that can be observed in non-human nature.

Fook, by your logic we should also not allow blacks or the disabled to be adopted merely because of the potential for bullying. Any child, adopted or not, has the potential to be bullied

If you really want to avoid bullying, then raise the child in a society where gays are more accepted. It's much the same with having a black or disabled child.

I was born the way I know and I'm happy with having the best of both worlds ::'

If sexual orientation was a choice, bi would be the most logical one. :)

What do you mean by "normal species functioning", and how does it apply to homosexuality and not blindness?
Blindness is an impairment. Explain how homosexuality is an impairment.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

That hurts others. A child is too young to decide and make the right choices about sex, and pedophiles take advantage of that. They are clearly hurting a child in the process.

Bit more awkward. In reality it really isn't hurting anyone. However it still is technically sex without consent as you can't really tell if an animal wants to or not.

Where'd you hear that from, the church? I mean by what you're saying here than using a condom is immoral as well right? It's pretty much taking the idea of procreation out of the picture after all. Where will you draw the line on that?

At any rate sex can be for a numerous amount of things. It's enjoyable, it can be used for procreation or it can be used to get closer to your partner. Sex isn't just this straight forward idea where the end result is a baby.

Just becauce something is seen in nature doesnt mean we need to do it as the items listed above. Ill add canablism to that, Since monkeys eat monkeys then its alright for humans to eat humans

Again, eating another person IS hurting them. Plenty of things are natural in nature, but you have to draw the line at what hurts others and what is perfectly harmless.

Anyways I'm fine with homosexuals as you can probably tell. I'm with lion as well, hating someone because of their sexual orientation is just as bad as hating someone for their color of their skin or where they are from.

I think one of the important things to note here is that sexual orientation is not an opinion or a decision, but rather a biological component that we have very little self-control over.

It can be compared to skin colour. Is it immoral to be born with black skin instead of white?

I agree that people have very little self-control over their sexual orientation. But different people lack self-control in different areas. Bisexuals have an easy time choosing an orientation than a gay person and a straight person has a harder time choosing orientation than a bisexual person. But lack of self-control is not an excuse in society.

Even people who 'hate' homosexuals could use the same argument. Hatred is a biological component that some people have very little self-control over. With this argument hating homosexuals should be accepted just as much as being homosexual should be accepted. This is why 'less self-control' can't be an excuse.

Sexual orientation cannot be compared to skin color. Skin color is aesthetic, sexual orientation isn't.

untitledyt6.jpg