Something about Bounty Hunter.

nerdattack16

So I went into Bounty Hunter the other day. No, wasn't one iteming. Just dragonhide and dragon weapons, you know, cheap stuff. :wink:

I walk in, get my bounty, find my bounty, actually start killing my bounty... when the group of 3+ pures comes in, and completely owns me.

I ain't complaining about losing ~200k. Big deal. What annoys me is that...

...wasn't Bounty Hunter supposed to replace PKing (in the eyes of Jagex)?

And since when is ALL wilderness PKing multi-combat?

Why can't they make a separate room for those who want to pile - or better yet, just make them go to Clan Wars. That way, nobody complains "OMG they piled meh".

Making a separate multi-combat and single-combat room couldn't be that hard to do. And it would please many. And maybe I (and many others) would enjoy Bounty Hunter: even if I always die, at least it's not an unbalanced and outnumbered fight.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I agree with you 100%, Bounty Hunter is actually pretty fun until you get piled by a clan of like 10 people, then its just obnoxious. It would be a great idea to have parts of it be single combat only.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

Thats why I'm waiting for the single-way 'pking' minigame to come out. :|

My first 25 seconds in there was basically me chasing my target, then being killed by a clan. Oh joy.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Yeah, the amount of piling that goes on in there is ridiculous.... <.<

Bounty Hunter is pretty much not fair, fun, or useful for most unless you have a large amount of people with you, just because you're not safe at all alone.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

They're already making a new 1V1 PVP area. Read the newspost <.<

Would you mind telling me which article that is? I don't remember reading about it.

17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

I'll quote the important bit:

1. Expect the first new single-way player-vs-player combat area to hit the game in the first half of next year, along with a number of other PvP updates in the future.

Ah. Okay. Thanks, gun_hippy.

Since I just got owned by facts... :P Then this rant is somewhat less powerful... now I can wait in contentment, knowing that if I want to PK I don't always have to go to Bounty Hunter.

Still don't like the pilers though. :P

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I completely again with the reasons backing this up, but the thing with 1 vs 1 is that Jagex has to destroy the possibility to perform illegal trades. So far they have yet to do that.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

• 5 months later...
They're already making a new 1V1 PVP area. Read the newspost <.<

Would you mind telling me which article that is? I don't remember reading about it.

17 December 2007 - Future Changes to Recent Updates

I'll quote the important bit:

1. Expect the first new single-way player-vs-player combat area to hit the game in the first half of next year, along with a number of other PvP updates in the future.

=/ by that I think they're referring to the "single" bh.

A REPLACEMENT?

Ok picture this, they replace your yew and magic trees with a tree that if you attempt to cut it alone your axe breaks, if you cut it with a group as soon as you get a log you get a skull on your head, all the other woodcutters attack you and you cant log out for 3 minutes.

Bounty hunter and tournaments were not a replacement, they are garbage.