What defines a good player?

CamSlam5

*points to my tif name* Thats what it takes!

---

Really though, its basically anyone that can recognize something like your signiture.

Its just like life is, it doesnt matter if your poor (no rs money?...) weak, (low combat lvl?...), fit(high combat lvl?...) or rich (lots of rs wealth?...)

It doesnt even matter if your very skilled (high total lvl?...) or if you can barely put on your shoes (really low total lvl :lol: ).

Its about the person you are, the way you act, the aura that you give off. Its not even about the language or lack there of that you use or may not even use. Its about all the intangibles, the things that are harder to recognize, the things that don't appear on the runescape highscores, or in your bank accounts or on the ground after you defeat a monster.

Its about who you were and how you interacted with those around you that matters the most.

Who will you choose to remember more?

Someone like the ranked #2,067 player who might be a complete and total (words I cant say) or a player that has never been ranked high, if at all, in most skills but you enjoyed spending time being around.

Hell, I dont know about you, but for me I'll pick the latter anyday.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

You play the game the way you want it to be played, and you are good at what you do. You don't let other ideas/stimuli influence you unless you've thought them through.

Just like life

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lets look at another postion us f2p are in: do u have to be P2P to be the best the way i see it us f2p players work twice as hard to train skills and make money. i want f2P players and P2P players to comment on this!

noob is not a level, it is an attitude

lets look at another postion us f2p are in: do u have to be P2P to be the best the way i see it us f2p players work twice as hard to train skills and make money. i want f2P players and P2P players to comment on this!

To be spending ~1 hour a day or more on this game and not pay $5 a month is ridiculous; either you are too young to be playing or really need to get a job.

F2P works twice as hard because F2P is a trial version of the real game. F2P is not how Jagex intends Runescape to be played.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

A good player is someone who doesn't mind helping others, and is open minded and mature about all issues. There is no skill requirement to be a good player in my book.

A good player is a kind and respectful player who has fun

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

To be spending ~1 hour a day or more on this game and not pay $5 a month is ridiculous; either you are too young to be playing or really need to get a job.

Glad to see im not the only one that thinks something along these lines. :lol:

F2P works twice as hard because F2P is a trial version of the real game. F2P is not how Jagex intends Runescape to be played.

To tell the truth, im not sure either of the two are able to be played anymore they way jagex intended them to be played. :-#

=; December 10th =;

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

To tell the truth, Jagex thought it was just fine until the release of members, whcih took a couple of years. In fact, I believe that RSC is the way the game is meant to be played.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

A good player is someone who treats everyone around him with the respect they deserve. Note "deserve." Newbs deserve respect, as they are the future of the game. The asshats who only exist to annoy and irritate others, on the other hand, don't.

If you respect others, I honestly don't care whether you have twenty-one skill capes or whether you just finished Cook's Assistant; you're a good player in my book.

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

This begs the question:

Is the point of the game to be a good person, or to achieve things in-game?

Which begs another question:

Is the point of the game to become 'happy' with your character, or to receive satisfaction from the game?

My answer to the latter question is for satisfaction. You don't play this game for the sake of becoming a good person and making others feel good. That's what real life is for. If you truly care about your dear neighbor, get your butt off from your computer desk and go help him out in the real world.

This is not to say, if you play Runescape, you are selfish and only care about your own satisfaction. All I am saying is that there is distinction between being a good player in Runescape and being a good person in real life. This distinction should be made clear; if you want to be good at Runescape, you have to achieve your goals and be successful. If you want to be a good person, by all means, go ahead, but that doesn't have anything to do with your Runescape career.

sigcopyaf.png

Taking out the idea of ur attitude as a player im going to take a different look at this. In runescape I see no true skill needed. There are a few specialized things such as dueling and pking which are just now being recognized in the high scores. Other than that all it takes to be a good rs player is dedication. So that is my one word definition of a good player in runescape.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Taking out the idea of ur attitude as a player im going to take a different look at this. In runescape I see no true skill needed. There are a few specialized things such as dueling and pking which are just now being recognized in the high scores. Other than that all it takes to be a good rs player is dedication. So that is my one word definition of a good player in runescape.

Yeah, maybe for skills. But,

It takes much more than dedication to get extremely wealthy. Any noob can slave away and get 400K an hour, but a much wider array of circumstances/abilities is necessary to accumulate mind-boggling amounts of wealth.

sigcopyaf.png