Gp shortage coming?

craven_range

We handled with construction, which was real fast money drain so it took lots of money away.

But no, the money will keep coming.

The prices change nothing.

Pickaxe : Bronze is free and the higher pickaxes don't cost too much more.

Pure essence : Free, people mine them.

Nature runes : Free, people runecraft them.

Yew and magic logs : Free, people woodcut them.

Flax : Free, people pick them.

Bowstrings : Free, people spin them.

Bows : Free, people fletch them.

Money : Free, people alch for it.

More money coming to runescape!

Someone has to obtain the stuff in the first place and they bring the money to runescape! (Alchers too, but without raw materials they'd be powerless alone)

Hi veng =]

Items coming into the economy do not create gp.

The way things work atm, people who are collecting raw materials are selling them, and alchers arnt buying.. an example of this is why yews have dropped so much, because fletching has been shot in the foot.

This causes a good amount of raw materials, but these are not being sold, as jagex are intervining, causing alchers to not want to alch as much anymore, and gp to not be generated as much.

and tbh knight zaros is a moron

You don't get it.

Lets begin with looking at the discussion between primadog and Mr S Scope.

Mr S Scope asked : Weird how you speak about misinformation posting rubbish like this though.

Firstly tell me how you plan to get 246k marigolds, 149k bloated toads, 139k polar kebbit furs or 35.6k dagannoth hides?

I can see the rune bars being buyable but not the other things you mentioned.

Primadog said : Same way people get to lvl 99 farming, gathering your own seeds and buying them. If people can run 22,808 times around a circle for an agility cape, I would not be surprised if people can gather that much toads, or kebbit, or dagganoth hides. In this thread, we're talking about gp cost, not time consumed.

Now imagine : The people he was talking about, they could be the ones with the materials.

The ones with materials start collecting the other materials needed and do it all themselves = money.

Now spend time thinking of the ways to achieve money shortage and then spend time thinking of the ways to counter the effect and survive.

IF you come up with a money shortage you can't counter then tell me and I most probably will find a way.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure people will find ways of making gp, for example i alch many of the steel/mith/addy and lower level rune drops i get, there's money right there. Also there is a lot of money in runescape already, the billionaires will pay millions for raw materials, those people might use that profit to buy there own, etc. I think it will work itself out.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

I can see gp being lower. That is why I'm not spending on stuff. Though alching is still big. Really yew longs were the most common used alch and now that there not people are saying you can't alch? I've notice so many people still alching and even have less of a loss than they did when they alch yew longs. Also monster drops and thieveing (thieveing not so much) still bring in gp.

In this thread, we're talking about gp cost, not time consumed.

Let's recall that time = money and continue to understand that time is always important or you can't have a discussion about anything at all.

Since I haven't read up on anything regarding summoning so far I'm not going to comment on prices, but if most training methods will cost several hundreds of millions, then those materials are bound to rise in price excessively, if they are suitable (= similiar training speed) alternatives. Especially if those materials are a pain to collect.

Less gold = 1gp is worth more = higher prices.

Less gold = more deamnd (aat the same price) = higher prices

Erm less money supply still means lower prices, even in RuneScape. :roll: Economics 101 for the win...

Anyway, Craven does have a point that the business surrounding high alching is probably not as thriving as it used to be due to the (ridiculous) price limitations set by the GE.

However, I think many people will simply high alch their own yew longs now, given that they don't have that much choice. Perhaps total money creation caused by yew longs and steel plates may be a little lower now, because not everyone will be interested in this new side requirement of high alching one's own finished products. I don't really expect that effect to be all that significant though.

Ofcourse, money supply changes are generally more long-term effects than short-term effects.

Sorry to jump on the n00b band wagon of "Lets all jump on a thread and try fill my ego by trying to prove people wrong *cough*primadog*cough*"

but,

If there is less gold in the game, rares will go down, just like most other items.

Less gold = 1gp is worth more = higher prices.

Less gold = more deamnd (aat the same price) = higher prices

And Primadog, it costs 200m for the shards alone, so idk how it can cost 44m for 1-99.[/i]

But if players have less gp available to them, they will not be physically possible of paying higher prices. Therefore the demand will drop until the supply comes down to meet the equilibrium price that buyers can (and want to) afford.

Ultimately, this is a skill that can be raised a heck of a lot of ways (why not just buy everyone's pouches on GE and summon them all???). Picking generic gp values is not really beneficial.

It CAN cost 250M but it CAN cost 50M, depending on how you train it, how fast you want to train it, and how much effort you want to go to to get charms and secondaries.

Evidence is now needed as to how people are training it and the speed.xp/gp ratio before a close to absolute opinion can be developed.

I expect the spirit shard price to drop - possibly in half - sometime this year. Not sure when, but definitely this year, because I'm pretty sure it's more expensive than they really wanted it to be.

Hmm... So Jagex's initial price for spirit shards were wrong? Ahh!!! Everyone panic!!! It's now time to throw your hands in the air, run frantically in circles, and make high pitched screaming noises until you fall unconcious from lack of oxygen!!! Since when has Jagex been wrong!?!...

Seriously. I mean it. Jagex probably WON'T lower the cost. Why? Cause they seem to really want to bleed our economy. And, as December 10 and January 3 have taught us, they don't back down when they really don't like something.

Based on the latest news post, I'd like to say "I told you so", but I won't say that of course ... I'm faaaar to mature to do that.

I'm surprised that it happened so quickly though.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Who says there was no other sources to get money besides alching? Last I checked, money was coming into the game like normal. And you call me the fool? Your the one who thinks that a virtual market will crash?! Unlike the REAL great depression, we don't need to eat virtual food to stay alive and virtual houses to live in! The market will rise back up, everything will be normal, and the world will revlove once again.

Oh But I have to have my 3.2m house! And my 1k lobbies each week to survive! Im so doomed!

lol Kids, what next armagaden in runescape? The Rise of the Nazi Goblins take over all of Varrock? Can we say Cold War next? Anything else? like omg two dragons just crashed into the watch tower.

lmfao is all i had to say

you made my day :XD:

No, Cold War isnt next, since it already happened :XD:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=154

Seriously. I mean it. Jagex probably WON'T lower the cost. Why? Cause they seem to really want to bleed our economy. And, as December 10 and January 3 have taught us, they don't back down when they really don't like something.

Therefore later this week we are planning on halving the cost of shards.

Can I shoot you for being a know-it-all?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Seems to me if the worth of a GP goes up, Then the 768 you get back from a Yew Longbow might mean a bit more and people will have more incentive to Alch.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Stop with the stupid topics with absurd and flat out FALSE titles. It's the first day of the new skill, what did you expect?? If memory serves, every item in the market dropped ridiculously low the day construction came out. Did you expect those prices to stay??

:wall:

They did stay. Masks never surpassed they're 2006 high. For the first time, rares actually went down about 2% over a year. A YEAR.

Construction was easy to pass up as unnecessary. But a counterpart to prayer is hard to pass up, people pay about 50m+ for prayer, but that stays in the economy.

So summoning, because its combat based is in way higher demand than construction.

It's simple, the value of the GP is rising, the items aren't necessarily crashing. GP just buys more.

Then everyone panics at the falling prices and the price goes artificially low, and it goes back up, but with the value of the GP raising again with this skill update, it won't be as high as it was.

I warned people not to buy santas after the xmas crash :x

But aren't we forgetting the Price Checks on the GE? As well as the floors and ceilings? If GP is flushed out of the economy, the GE will keep prices artificially high.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?