Gp shortage coming?

craven_range

With the new summoning skill that is ridiculously overpriced, i believe that a shortage of gp may occur in runescape.

I read on RSOF, that summoning can cost over 250m for level 99, thats 250m per player!

now , more than one player wil be going for 99 of course, this skill will take billions upon billions of gp out of the economy. It wont be shared to other players, just taken out!

Now combine this with yew long prices, which mean no one can alch anymore to generate gp, what will happen?

Alching is the main source of GP being generated in runescape, the only other way is coin drops from monsters.

What will happen :ohnoes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the prices for expensive items are dropping fast

the prices of most other items are as well

id say it already is a depression...

a depression is the opposite, at the moment 1gp buys more than it used to.

This may all change with alot of money being taken out of the economy, prices may rise because of a gp shortage and 1gp wil buy less than it can now.

Stop with the stupid topics with absurd and flat out FALSE titles. It's the first day of the new skill, what did you expect?? If memory serves, every item in the market dropped ridiculously low the day construction came out. Did you expect those prices to stay??

:wall:

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

err... If there is less gp, the gold piece is rarer than it used to be, so the gold piece would be worth MORE. #-o

Actually rares went up a little bit, santa was 13.9 a week ago and now it's back to 15.1million.

Correct.

Stop with the stupid topics with absurd and flat out FALSE titles. It's the first day of the new skill, what did you expect?? If memory serves, every item in the market dropped ridiculously low the day construction came out. Did you expect those prices to stay??

for your information, a gp shortage will raise the price of rares, and construction prices were not controlled by the grand exchange.

Construction sure did take out money, but alching put the money back in. Now no one alchs, so there is nothing to balance the money coming out of the economy

Think through your noob reply next time, its not about the cost of summoning, but the effects of money coming out from summoning and none coming in from other sources. You fool

OMG!!! Lets post a bunch of depression topics and make people even more freaked out. If you know anything about economics, depression and inflation are common on a daily scale. The world governments (namily) the United States does a good job at not letting the people into a panic. Cause a prime cause of the GREAT depression was people panicing taking money out of banks, etc...

Dont panic, Calm down. Itll be ok. You can leave the money in the bank Itll be there tomorrow.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Construction weakened the rares market, but there is still a lot of excess cash in the world. Ultimately the rares market simply slowed down. It did not crash.

I imagine Summoning to have the same effect, as its cost is around the cost of Construction. Also, summoning, in my eyes, is somewhat a luxury skill, just like Construction.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

err... If there is less gp, the gold piece is rarer than it used to be, so the gold piece would be worth MORE. #-o

Actually rares went up a little bit, santa was 13.9 a week ago and now it's back to 15.1million.

Correct.

for your information, a gp shortage will raise the price of rares, and construction prices were not controlled by the grand exchange.

Construction sure did take out money, but alching put the money back in. Now no one alchs, so there is nothing to balance the money coming out of the economy

Think through your noob reply next time, its not about the cost of summoning, but the effects of money coming out from summoning and none coming in from other sources. You fool

That makes sense. With set prices ala GE, less gold makes it harder to buy the high priced goods. Long lines for bread anyone?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

1.Grand exchange doesn't make the world revolve

2.Quite spreading more lies, your acting as if they took alching out of the game!

Who says there was no other sources to get money besides alching? Last I checked, money was coming into the game like normal. And you call me the fool? Your the one who thinks that a virtual market will crash?! Unlike the REAL great depression, we don't need to eat virtual food to stay alive and virtual houses to live in! The market will rise back up, everything will be normal, and the world will revlove once again.

TETsig.jpeg

Who says there was no other sources to get money besides alching? Last I checked, money was coming into the game like normal. And you call me the fool? Your the one who thinks that a virtual market will crash?! Unlike the REAL great depression, we don't need to eat virtual food to stay alive and virtual houses to live in! The market will rise back up, everything will be normal, and the world will revlove once again.

Oh But I have to have my 3.2m house! And my 1k lobbies each week to survive! Im so doomed!

lol Kids, what next armagaden in runescape? The Rise of the Nazi Goblins take over all of Varrock? Can we say Cold War next? Anything else? like omg two dragons just crashed into the watch tower.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Oh But I have to have my 3.2m house! And my 1k lobbies each week to survive! Im so doomed!

lol Kids, what next armagaden in runescape? The Rise of the Nazi Goblins take over all of Varrock? Can we say Cold War next? Anything else? like omg two dragons just crashed into the watch tower.

lmfao is all i had to say

you made my day :XD:

Ring_World.gif

ok then smart [wagon], where does money come from without alching

High P ess price = no nats

High yew long price = no alchs

Summoning = 250m drain for every player who reaches 99

jagex doesnt let the price of an item on the G.E drop below Alch price + a nature, so alching is not profitable anymore, meaing far less people will alch.

ok, its not going to crash and everyone is going to die, but rare prices and prices of raw materials will rise substancially.

My advice is to buy up now whilst prices are low, because soon things will be very expensive again.

jagex doesnt let the price of an item on the G.E drop below Alch price + a nature, so alching is not profitable anymore, meaing far less people will alch.

ok, its not going to crash and everyone is going to die, but rare prices and prices of raw materials will rise substancially.

My advice is to buy up now whilst prices are low, because soon things will be very expensive again.

Theres still plenty things out there to alch...just because the most popular one is gone, doesn't mean that the generation of gp is gone.

Also, Killing monsters also generates sufficient gp into the economy.

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Theres still plenty things out there to alch...just because the most popular one is gone, doesn't mean that the generation of gp is gone.

~Ddaanniiellh

good point, but it costs 200m + for one player to reach 99 summoning.

how long do you think it would take to pick up 200m in coins, just to balance out the effect of 1 person reaching 99 summoning.

Im not calling a market crash, but i am certain that prices will rise on rares and other materials

The same thing will happen like construction. Sure alching doesn't bring in the ridiculously high amount of coins that it once did but that doesn't mean that all the cash will run out. Our flooded market might actually be normal without thousands of coins entering every second.

So that's enough to put a title that implies that we aren't going to have any money and the game will end? :-k

Im not calling a market crash, but i am certain that prices will rise on rares and other materials

Then change your title.

TETsig.jpeg

In runescape though, the opposite holds true. Though the player run economy adjusts, the NPC economy does not. So once 50g per shard might not seem like a lot to people now, but if this increase in gold value continues then it will be a lot hard to level up any skill that involves using gold.

~Ddaanniiellh

good point, but it costs 200m + for one player to reach 99 summoning.

how long do you think it would take to pick up 200m in coins, just to balance out the effect of 1 person reaching 99 summoning.

However, the time to reach level 99 summoning should be far far away still.

Given the fact that within 5 hrs of its release, only 2 people have even gotten to a measly level 30.

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

The misinformation got to stop.

Summoning does not cost 500m. Check it yourself.

If you level using bull ants:

Bull ant 40 [image]

Spirit shard x 11

Gold charm

Marigolds

exp: 52.8

13m exp / 52.8 exp * 11 spirit shard * 50 = 135m

Or if you use Barker Toad

Barker toad 66 [image]

Spirit shard x 10

Gold charm

Bloated toad

exp 87

13m / 87 * 10 * 50 = 74m

or Arctic bear

Arctic bear 71 [image]

Spirit shard x 14

Gold charm

Polar kebbit fur 93.2

`13m / 93.2 * 14 * 50 = 97m

or dagganoth

Spirit dagannoth 82 [image]

Spirit shard x 1

Crimson charm

Dagannoth hide 364.8

13m / 364.8 * ( 50 + 1k ) = 37m

Still think it's expensive?

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

The misinformation got to stop.

Summoning does not cost 500m. Check it yourself.

If you level using bull ants:

Bull ant 40 [image]

Spirit shard x 11

Gold charm

Marigolds

Or if you use Barker Toad

Barker toad 66 [image]

Spirit shard x 10

Gold charm

Bloated toad

exp 87

13m / 87 * 10 * 50 = 74m

or Arctic bear

Arctic bear 71 [image]

Spirit shard x 14

Gold charm

Polar kebbit fur 93.2

`13m / 93.2 * 14 * 50 = 97m

or dagganoth

Spirit shard x 1

Crimson charm

Dagannoth hide 364.8

or Rune Minotaur

Rune minotaur 86 [image]

Spirit shard x 1

Blue charm

Runite bar 756.8

`13m / 756.8 ( 50 + 12000) = 17m

Still think it's expensive?

no where did i say 500m gp.

And your examples are invalid anyway, as it only shows how much you need to spend from a particular point to 99.

A quite notable topic in skills on RSOF has been made by a moderator, who clears lists all costs involved in summoning, and the cost to 99

I truly doubt that there will be a gp shortage in Runescape.

For one thing there are still coin drops in the world and like it or not if there is such a crash (which there will not be) people will go flocking to those places :D

There Are still monsters in the world.

Also it is safe to say that if one wastes that much money there slightly stupid..

Another thing to be mentioned is...If you members have an economy crash we, the f2pers will dominate! :twisted: And as such I profit either way, and as it is said.

don't feed misinformation to the children.

Thank You.

Now on another note, the possibility of prices skyrocketing is very possible (and/or) probable but even if it does happen all it will really effect is whether or not people will buy the products.

If nothing else, the wise thing to do in such an instance would be to stock up on various materials and gold and if such a price rise comes, wait it out. In any case nothing lasts forever and, questionable updates or not, runescape can be salvageable.

CAMELOT!

Naw it's just a model

SHH!!!!!!!

Your Mother was a Bunny, and your father smelled of Fish

All it promotes is having the bulk of your worth tied up in gp, rather than in materials.

IF your materials are ones that can be turned into alchables (yew logs for example), then thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s OK as they are always a potential source of income later, and should gp continue to buy you more goodies, then each log will reap you more purchasing power.

What will happen :ohnoes:

runescape will most certainly burst into flames consuming everyone who was ever associated with it.

:roll:

come on now, construction took a similar amount of money out of the economy and no one died then, why would anything different happen now?

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

no where did i say 500m gp.

And your examples are invalid anyway, as it only shows how much you need to spend from a particular point to 99.

A quite notable topic in skills on RSOF has been made by a moderator, who clears lists all costs involved in summoning, and the cost to 99

My mistake, you did not say 500m, but you certainly say 250m, repeatly. Just as you don't level construction with marble blocks, you don't level summoning with dreadfawl. Since you're not happy with what my simple calculations, let me break it down to you.

level 1 to 40: 37,224 exp

i'll be generous here and just say it costs 50 gp per exp. Use whichever method you prefer.

37224 * 50 = 1,861,200 gp

level 40 to 66: 236,518 exp

Bull ant 40 [image]

Spirit shard x 11

Gold charm

Marigolds

Use Bull Ant to level till lvl 66

`236,518 / 52.8 * 11 * 50 = 2,463,729 gp

level 66 to 82: 1,924,833

Barker toad 66 [image]

Spirit shard x 10

Gold charm

Bloated toad

exp 87

13m / 87 * 10 * 50 = 74m

Use Barker Toads until 82

`1,924,833/ 87 * 10 * 50 = 11,062,258gp

lvl 82 to 99: 10,613,344 exp

Spirit shard x 1

Crimson charm

Dagannoth hide 364.8

`10,613,344 / 364.8 * ( 50 + 1k ) = 30,548,276 gp

Therefore, lvl 99 summoning costs 2,463,729 + 11,062,258 + 30,548,276 =44,074,263 gp NOT 250m.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it