The next level of Republican scandal...

Necromagus

With all the Republican scandals, at least they don't send money to Al-Qaida.

Oh, wait.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wire ... -indicted/

WASHINGTON ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

The government accuses IARA of sending approximately $130,000 to help Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, whom the United States has designated a global terrorist. The money, sent to bank accounts in Peshawar, Pakistan, in 2003 and 2004, was masked as donations to an orphanage located in buildings that Hekmatyar owned.

I want to see his explanation for sending money to "orphanages" owned by a warlord. :lol:

On the other hand, he is solely designated as a "global terrorist" for participating wars, and barely any "terrorist" attacks can be attributed to him. He has recieved millions of dollars from the CIA during the Afghan-Soviet wars in the 1980-90's.

Seems like they just need a common scapegoat/trying to trash the republican reputation though.

Hekmatyar has been harshly criticized for his behavior during the Soviet and civil war. He ordered frequent attacks on other rival factions to weaken them in order to improve his position in the post-Soviet power vacuum. An example of his tendency for internecine rivalry was his arranging the arrest of Ahmed Shah Massoud in Pakistan in 1976 on spying charges

Sure, he's not a pure-hearted angel, but designating him as a "global terrorist" over much more dangerous people?

Just because the person that did it was Republican doesn't make it a "Republican Scandal". I mean, don't blame the whole party for that one person did.

Unfortunately, that's what happens with many groups. I hate to use a cliche, but a rotten apple really does spoil a whole bunch in the eyes of the public.

happiehour.jpeg

Just because the person that did it was Republican doesn't make it a "Republican Scandal". I mean, don't blame the whole party for that one person did.
I'm with mrpez on this one
Sorry if I allowed myself a bit of schadenfreude after eight years of W, but I just can't help it when the party that claims to be hard on traditional morals and national security produces all sorts of major and minor scandals relating to anything from prostitution to seducing underage boys to, in this case, funding international terrorism.

Unfortunately, that's what happens with many groups. I hate to use a cliche, but a rotten apple really does spoil a whole bunch in the eyes of the public.

I'm sorry but I can't imagine any regular republicans turning terrorist because of this.

I understand a couple of smaller scandals making you feel that there is something wrong with the party, but supporting terrorism at a time like this is just far over the line. I think it's much worse than sleeping with prostitutes.

Sorry if I allowed myself a bit of schadenfreude after eight years of W, but I just can't help it when the party that claims to be hard on traditional morals and national security produces all sorts of major and minor scandals relating to anything from prostitution to seducing underage boys to, in this case, funding international terrorism.

agreed

look at the Reagan administration...how many of those [bleep]ers did we have to waste tax dollars on to send to trial? lol

edit: just looked it up....TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE! including the attorney general lol.

It's human nature, and has nothing to do with what Party you belong to, what you believe in, what your race or religion is...

Sometimes, sadly, there are depraved people among us. They usually are from low levels of society or extremely high levels.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Look, I'm perfectly aware that the republicans don't hold the copyright on sleazy and sordid behaviour, but at the same time you have to admit that there's a certain amount of irony to the fact that in the past few years, some of the best examples of that behaviour have come form the party that claims to be crusading against it. Just from recent memory I can sum up Tom Delay, Mark Foley, Bob Ney and Duke Cunningham. Say what you will about the Democrats, but they seem to be having trouble matching up to that particular track record.

There are Democrats engaged in the same scandals, there are policemen there to protect us who beat up people, there are doctors who molest their patients...

Trying to use the human condition as a weapon against a political party you are not fond of can not be justified. There is no logical point, it's just a "lol, Republicans" type statement. It has no bearing on anything except to stir up hatred.

It's like the Westboro Church thread. That group in no way represents the whole of Christianity, but that topic was posted to bash it in the first place.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley