RSC prices

sambudwiser

Rune chainbody can be bought in the Champion's guild shop for 50K, rune platelegs and plateskirt can be bought for 64K. Rune platebody can be bought from Oziach for 84.5K. The med helm was a drop from lessers, and the large from greaters. Why were they so expensive back then?

bought from oziach for 65k... dont kno where u got 84.5k

it was 84.5k b4 update for rs2, still 84.5k in classic

blackspells.png

Actually... I think Musashi22 was the first to 99 smithing... Him & bluerose13x hit it at roughly around the same time, it's hard to remember who it was exactly... I could be mistaken though. I just know that Gearshifter hit 123 combat first. & I also know that PKing on original RS is A LOT better than it is on RS2... RS2 favours mages & rangers far far far too much. Gimme a good old original RS fight any day... Also RS2 is far too easy, you click once on fishing and it does it all for you, or mining, you can AFK for like 10 minutes... These new kids on RS2 dunno how easy they got it.

I remember when I first joined RS in like May 2001 & it used to tell you the top stats of people before you logged in and the top smither was S H A R K with like 56 smithin' or something lol... I also remember getting killed by a level 8 in full rune, well, chain, legs & med helm, which basically was full rune back then.

But yeah, I'd be interested in hearing the prices on original RS now, unluckily I'm not allowed to play it because I wasn't playing it when they had that little timeframe to fit into. :(

My eyes are burning from the incorrect information in the last few posts so let me set some things right :)

bluerose was first to 99 smithing.

in may 2001 the top smithers 5 had to be lightning, bluerose, mysticsmagics, twy, zweihander or dmonik. s h a r k was a top miner. but you probably looked at the server status which showed the top smither ONLINE at the time. :P

rune platebody was never 84.5k and i dont know where you got that theory. the most the rune plate ever cost was 65535 upon release at oziach, since 65535 was the maximum amount of coins you could hold in 1 slot.

moneysc.jpg

rune chains were 50k at champs. and it was rune leggings that cost 64k.

As far as I'm concerned rune larges were never above 80k on the normal varrock market price. of course u could find guys who bought for more out of desperation. but 80k was pretty much the max a rune full helmet ever cost.

hope that cleared up some issues ;)

also as you can see. musashi22 was nowhere near 99 smithing at the same time as bluerose13x. he's famous for crippling the rune market. see below picture. (the #1 was a bug, pay no attention to it, it was not a real character either).

what0bk-1.jpg

All correct Fook, besides the rune large matter, they were easily sold for 90-100k for quite some time =)

Hmmm?

-----------------------------------

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116

- 4th player to 99 Thieving

- Number 1 in magic from april 2003 to December 2004

- Quitted RSC Nomvember 2004 (played rs2 3 months though)

All correct Fook except you are showing a Top 200 table of Mages. =)

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

All correct Fook except you are showing a Top 200 table of Mages. =)

All correct Fook, besides the rune large matter, they were easily sold for 90-100k for quite some time =)

lol such a long post and than i back it up with the wrong picture :D :oops:

i'd still argue that most ppl would pay max 80k for a large tho "normally". but i'm sure lots got 90-100k for them as well like u say link =)

thx for pointing out the errors tho g bub and link I should go find the right pic now :thumbup:

edit: I thought I had a pic of smithing scores in photobucket but I actually don't, so if anyone has a pic feel free to post it here , otherwise it doesn't matter since its true anyway :mrgreen:

Well doesn't really matter, musashi was not even close to 99 smithing when bluerose hit 99, so even though a picture would be nice, it isn't really needed =)

Hmmm?

-----------------------------------

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116

- 4th player to 99 Thieving

- Number 1 in magic from april 2003 to December 2004

- Quitted RSC Nomvember 2004 (played rs2 3 months though)

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like some people here never were around the first years...

I remember buying a rune large for 90k, as well as buying rune 2h for 1,5m and kite+battle for a bit more, not much tho. Bought my first battle for 600k (which was very cheap at the time). When rune kites were expensive I remember there was this sale in varrock east bank one day, this guy(who I don't recall the name of) had been smithing a lot of rune squares and was selling them for 200k each, I bought one. Was quite a bargain...

I believe it was in the early summer of 2002.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when a Rune Large used to be 100,000gp but Rune Legs and other 3-bar items used to be (around) 50,000gp. I remember buying my first Rune Large for 100,000gp after spending days and days trying to make money. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find an archived page of the hiscores showing Bluerose13x as the first, but, I'm positive she was. Also, I thought Krest was 2nd to 99 smithing and later had his smithing levels reduced because he gave his account away to his cousin? I wouldn't doubt it was Musashi22. I remember his race with Whitemagem, that's back when I thought Whitemagem was a chick. :S

G

I remember a while back, rune 2handers were 500k, kites and battle axes were 250k each. Many people would trade kite and b axe for 2h. I remember making my first ful rune set. It was right after black kite shields were released, I camped at ice giants and sold them 10-15k each :)