RSC prices

sambudwiser

• 3 months later...
lots, r2h's were like 1.5m when they first came out because bluerosexxx13 or whatever his name was (sorry for forgetting) was the first one who had reached level 99 smithing :) so figure on prices

bluerose13x. Well it depends on when in rsc you are talking about. Yes early in rsc rune was expensive.. when rune larges first came out they were like 150k... which in rs2 inflation prices would be like 50 mill rs2. When 2hs first came out they were 1.2-1.5 mill... with inflation about the price of a godsword now. toward late 02 and 03 prices stabilized after musashi22 and zezima were free smithing for everyone. 2hs ended up being 50-75k larges were around 30-40k plates were 50-60k chains were 50k and legs and kites were 50-60k. and one point I had over 150 rune sets in my bank before I started selling to buy p hats. So if you are talking right before rs2... then rune was not a lot... but back in 2001 when it first was coming out rune was outrageous and there was a lot less money in the economy so a mill was an extraordinary amount of money.

speaking of economy. it was common knowledge pre-rune armor that rune armor was to be put into the game to "reduce the massive amount of money floating around on the 3 or 4 servers up and running prior to the rune armor update. adam plates cost 44k from the shop back than when it was the most expensive item until bluerose started selling adam kites (for 100 coal mules, or 50. my memory is phail) , legs 8k and large 2-3k as far as i remember. so rune armor was a mega money devourerer, seeing as bluerose was around level 85 smithing at the time.

about the other armor i can try off the top of my head.

rune plate before it was smithable 65k

full black (without kite since all pkers with respect for themselves used 2h's) 8-10k in varrock market, prices dropped gradually.

full mith 8k

adam battle axe 4k, on a side note when adam bat was released there were many scams where the scammer used an iron battle axe to swap quickly before the "victim" clicked accept trade. there were no trade precautions either. so they made adamantite a lighter shade of green.

adam kite cost 100 coal mules, or 50 coal mules i cant remember exactly. so you could choose to mine your [wagon] off, or buy it used for alot more than what 1500 was worth.

rune longs bought used were 25k. and that about sums up the significant armor predating the first 99 smith

i remember the days when rune plates where 50-60k and r2h's were about 50k. full helms were about 30k i think and legs were probebly 50k as well.

i remember well the first time my good friend got a full set of rune. i so despiretly wanted it in my mith!

Rune chainbody can be bought in the Champion's guild shop for 50K, rune platelegs and plateskirt can be bought for 64K. Rune platebody can be bought from Oziach for 84.5K. The med helm was a drop from lessers, and the large from greaters. Why were they so expensive back then?

Because rune was very expensive.

The large helmets were for a long time only on the market because of the people with 99 smithing. Ofcourse the greaters drop them too, but it was very rare back then.

R2H was the most popular weapon in F2P for PK-ing, so the supply wasn't enough to fill the demand. And the plate and legs, yeah again. Supply < demand.

Less players, less items but a quite big demand so higher prices.

signature4s.jpg

Rune chainbody can be bought in the Champion's guild shop for 50K, rune platelegs and plateskirt can be bought for 64K. Rune platebody can be bought from Oziach for 84.5K. The med helm was a drop from lessers, and the large from greaters. Why were they so expensive back then?

bought from oziach for 65k... dont kno where u got 84.5k

Rune large was semi-rare drop by Greaters, and that area, together with rune rocks, was often swarmed by PKers.

I remember buying my first kite for 200 coal certs, and my first r2h for around 250 I think.

I got my legs from the guild, which took awhile to find a world which had some in stock, but I was too poor to get them on the 'streets'.

Rune large was semi-rare drop by Greaters, and that area, together with rune rocks, was often swarmed by PKers.

I remember buying my first kite for 200 coal certs, and my first r2h for around 250 I think.

I got my legs from the guild, which took awhile to find a world which had some in stock, but I was too poor to get them on the 'streets'.

ya i remember when greaters first came out i went out and got 2 larges out of the first four i killed i was like omfg... then never got another again.

i bought my first rune battle axe for like 800k, and first kite for 1mil

but sadly bought my first phat for 5k

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

• 1 month later...
i bought my first rune battle axe for like 800k, and first kite for 1mil

but sadly bought my first phat for 5k

It's amazing how the prices have changed over the years. I bought my Santa hats for 10K, a week after they dropped, and a mask set for 1 milllion.

Hell i remeber being a noob when easter eggs droped and eating it becuase i saw free food, i remember when Masks droped and got one and was so happy to trade one for a rune sq. shield rs2 is so much easyer to make money in then classic its unbelieable i sit and think wow i had trouble getting rune several times after losing it all but when i came back recently to rs2 i had full rune and r2h b axe and scimmy like in 2 days

Sadly i never got a santa hat drop i missed it ; ;

When i started playing, which was ca 2003, santa's and masks were between 200 en 500k, P-hats were somewhere between 1 and 5mill, depending on the colour. Gameplay was so much better back then before outrages numbers of people began playing.

I remember just chatting next to fallador east bank for hours, doing nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
I remember when I bought my first rune kite for 1m I was stoked! Then, I traded it for a red party hat about an hour or so later. Then I traded my red party hat and my rune battle axe for a green party hat.
party hats weren't worth that much when rune kites first came out (when kites were worth 800k-1 mill). party hats were still relatively new and NOT highly priced, especially the red ones. I remember trading 2 r2hs for a white p hat and 3 r2hs for a pink (before the dupe when pink was most rare) and r2hs were worth more than kites. Either you are mistaken or re-writing history to look cool/

I remember when I bought my first rune kite for 1m I was stoked! Then, I traded it for a red party hat about an hour or so later. Then I traded my red party hat and my rune battle axe for a green party hat.
party hats weren't worth that much when rune kites first came out (when kites were worth 800k-1 mill). party hats were still relatively new and NOT highly priced, especially the red ones. I remember trading 2 r2hs for a white p hat and 3 r2hs for a pink (before the dupe when pink was most rare) and r2hs were worth more than kites. Either you are mistaken or re-writing history to look cool/

I wasn't saying party hats were worth what I traded my rune kite for. I just wanted one so bad because I didn't play when Christmas crackers were dropped.

I then traded the red party hat for a green and included my rune battle axe because I wanted the green party hat that bad. I just thought they looked awesome. I know I was over paying by a lot, I didn't care. I just wanted one of the newer items.

Cydric.png

• 5 months later...
lots, r2h's were like 1.5m when they first came out because bluerosexxx13 or whatever his name was (sorry for forgetting) was the first one who had reached level 99 smithing :) so figure on prices

It was Bluerose13x and it was a SHE :-P also the majority of the rune pwnage items were extreamly expensive, since only she could make them. I'm talking like 300k nats and thats BACK IN CLASSIC. None of that RCing stuff god only knows how people got that many. They very first few only her friends had.

By time rs2 came out majority of rune items were pretty close to current prices. Except i think rune larges were still like 60 - 100k

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

It was Bluerose13x and it was a SHE :-P also the majority of the rune pwnage items were extreamly expensive, since only she could make them. I'm talking like 300k nats and thats BACK IN CLASSIC. None of that RCing stuff god only knows how people got that many. They very first few only her friends had.

By time rs2 came out majority of rune items were pretty close to current prices. Except i think rune larges were still like 60 - 100k

LK1

I used to stake a TON of larges and they were 30-40K each, that was like half a year before RS2.

LK1

I used to stake a TON of larges and they were 30-40K each, that was like half a year before RS2.

actually i think your right, 8 years kind of blends together o.o

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

• 2 months later...

I started one month after the cracker drop and my 1st yellow phat was 3k and I traded it for an addy long lol. Later on that year I started merching when I met zezima and whitemagem and had them free smith for me. It was a lot of work to set that up but well worth it. My 1st baxe was 500k , 1st 2h 600k and when I got the hookup I was selling 2hs for 150k each tons of them and buying ores for 30-35k each. I went up and down high scores to find miners and smithers adding each one till someone responded. At one point I had 108 santas, 70masks, and 16 phats.

What I would like to know is how much is rsc stuff NOW? Anyone know? Last I traded with someone they offered 50mil for my mask set and 20 for the santa. Not sure how much phats are now but I want one.

limdog.png

I started one month after the cracker drop and my 1st yellow phat was 3k and I traded it for an addy long lol. Later on that year I started merching when I met zezima and whitemagem and had them free smith for me. It was a lot of work to set that up but well worth it. My 1st baxe was 500k , 1st 2h 600k and when I got the hookup I was selling 2hs for 150k each tons of them and buying ores for 30-35k each. I went up and down high scores to find miners and smithers adding each one till someone responded. At one point I had 108 santas, 70masks, and 16 phats.

What I would like to know is how much is rsc stuff NOW? Anyone know? Last I traded with someone they offered 50mil for my mask set and 20 for the santa. Not sure how much phats are now but I want one.

Pretty sure zezima wasn't around then, and if he was wasn't a rune smither.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png