Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Stall teams typically have status and phazing. Status will ruin any Salamence, phazing will ruin non-boosting ones. After all, all Blissy has to do is survive 1 attack to paralyze it.

Only Paralysis and Burn really ruin him, Toxic just puts him on a really annoying timer. Question being, how well does Blissey handle boosted Outrages?

540 Atk vs 130 Def & 714 HP (120 Base Power): 696 - 819 (97.48% - 114.71%)

This is the standard Naive/Naughty DDmence vs Standard Wish/Cleric Blissey. After SR or Sandstorm, it's dead for certain, and dead in 80% of cases otherwise, assuming it gets in, and is in perfect health. It can't safely play against it if it gets a DD under it's belt. And let's calc Earthquake, just for posterity's sake?

540 Atk vs 130 Def & 714 HP (100 Base Power): 386 - 455 (54.06% - 63.73%)

Guaranteed 2HKO with Leftovers and SR factored in. Point being, stall has to really play around it and handle it well or else it will hurt badly.

EDIT: Unless you actuallyy kill mence/phaze him with something like Ice Beam, paralysis won't be as bad as a burn vs stall teams.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Also Zaaps, don't forget that being uber doesn't necessarily imply you need to be toe-to-toe with groudon/mewtwo/arceus, it just means you are too overpowered for the standart OU metagame.

And Salamence biggest thrumph is the movepool, it's jus gargantuous (yay for new word, thanks naruto), like ultima said, it is a pain to figure out the set of a Salamence when it switches in.

But i still think Clericnite is a better dragon then salamence, maybe because of a more estrategic usage <.<

Also Zaaps, don't forget that being uber doesn't necessarily imply you need to be toe-to-toe with groudon/mewtwo/arceus, it just means you are too overpowered for the standart OU metagame.

But it IS a good basis for comparison.

Playing SoulSilver and I need ideas for pokemon for my team.

So far, I have two pokemon: Scizor and Dragonite.

I'm looking for ideas. The fun ones I came up with all have too many weaknesses imo.

you should use the random pokemon generator

i did to find a team for my ss and plat

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

I've been kinda bothered with trying to pick a suitable in-game team. Mostly, my problem is with originality. Right now I have Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Garchomp, Raichu, Rhyperior, and Lugia. As you can see, I have two starters, as well as two übers. I just feel as if I'm cheating myself by using such strong pokemon. I've considered adding Scizor or Metagross, replacing Raichu for Electivire, and replacing Lugia with Togekiss, but it just doesn't seem fun adding such over used pokemon. I want a team I can call my own, and not some standard PvP victory team.

Play favorites then. There's nothing wrong with using an OU or Uber Pokemon if it's your favorite.

Hmm, me and my friend are thinking of doing a play through of a pokemon game on hard mode. http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=2334934&sid=9470b15606d37fce5b74aa199ec173d6

Red and Blue sound like a good choice for a runthrough on?

Wow. I want to try it now.

I remember doing something like that on RBY, except I had a killer Nidoking that demolished just about everything. I know some kid beat yellow in under 3 hours using the OHKO Nidoking tactic.

Poor red

Sent out my blissey elvel 100 with 707 hp max hp ev's

Charizard used flare blitz, and it was a crit....took out 703 hp left me with 4 hp L

It ko'ed itself in recoil and the hail killed me ;-;

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

More new pokemon revealed in this month's Coro Coro :D

n The Games Department

Pokémon Black & White - CoroCoro July Issue

The first bits of this month's issue of the Japanese publication CoroCoro have leaked on various Japanese forums. As usual, we're getting it gradually so please bare with us. There is lots of rumoured information but we need to wait and see. Keep checking back. As of now, the image we have is too blurry to tell what's said. We'll bring anymore as and when it comes with thanks to yaminokame for translations.

* The Mouse Pokémon shown is said to be called Chiramii (チラーミィ). It is Normal-type, the Chinchilla Pokémon. It is 0.4m tall, 5.8kg. It's abilities are Cute Charm & Technician. It has a move called Sweep Slap (スイープビンタ) which attacks several times consecutively.

* The pig like Pokémon is called Munna(ムンナ). It is the Dream Eater Pokémon and is Psychic-type. It is 0.6m tall and 23.3kg. It has the abilities Forewarn & Synchronise. It has an attack called Telekinesis (テレキネシス) which makes the opponent float in the air.

* The strange dual cog Pokémon is called Gear (ギアル). It is the Gear Pokémon, is a pure Steel-type. It is 0.3m, 21.0kg and has the abilities Plus & Minus. It has a new attach called Gear Saucer (ギアソーサー) which attacks multiple times

* The bird Pokémon called Mamepato (マメパト). It is the Baby Pigeon Pokémon. is Normal-Flying type. It is 0.3m and 2.1kg. It has the Super Luck ability or a new ability called Pigeon Heart (はとむね) which seems to prevent its Defense stat from lowering

* The ape Pokémon called Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ). It is the Flaming Pokémon, is Fire-type. It is 1.3m and 92.9kg. It has a new ability called Encourage (ちからづく)

* The zebra Pokémon called Shimama (シママ). It is the Charged Pokémon, is Electric-type. It is 0.8m and 29.8kg. Its abilities are LightningRod & Motor Drive. It has a new attack called Wild Bolt (ワイルドボルト) which hurts both Shimama and the Pokémon)

* The crocodile Pokémon called Meguroko (メグロコ). It is the Desert Crocodile Pokémon, is Ground-type & Dark-type. It is 0.7m and 15.2kg. Its abilities are Intimidate & Earthquake Spiral (じしんかじょう) which raises its attack when the opponent is Knocked Out

* The new Professor Dr. Araragi (アララギ博士 ) has a Chiramii

* Reshiram & Zekrom's types and details were also revealed

o Reshiram is a Fire & Dragon type. It is 3.2m and 330kg

o Zekrom is an Electric/Dragon as predicted. It is 2.9m and 345kg

o To get Zorua, you will need to send over the Celebi from the upcoming movie to Black & White. It is obtained at Level 10

o There is a new feature called the C Cog which allows you to play with various connection capabilites. To what end is not known, but there is a screenshot of the player in the Pokémon Centre with various connection stats at the bottom.

o In this game Global Terminal inside of the Pokemon center and it is called "Random Match". It just says that you can play freely with people from all over the country in random match mode. Then says that in spring 2011 that foreign players will join. The Global Terminal is now also located in the Pokémon Centres

Copy pasta from serebii.

Good Legendary types though, Dragon Electric and Dragon Fire are awesome combinations, but i hope they stop using both Dragon, Flying and Psychic types from the Legendaries, Feels kinda repetitive.

I have a feeling that everything minus the pink thing and the gears could potentially be classic Pokemon, depending on the stats. The mouse gets technician with an attack that hits multiple times (thus being boosted by technician for each hit), the Pigeon gets super luck and "pigeon heart" which keeps its attack from being lowered apparently, the flame thing depends on the stats since I don't see the ability being good, motor drive electric giraffe (no matter how you say it that sounds awesome), and a crocodile with intimidate (which alone would be good) but it also has a new ability.

I'm feeling optimistic about these guys now.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Wow, that must've been pretty embarrasing for him.

Oh, ok.

Still, quite a cool feature.

Can't beat the Elite Four in Emerald.

Ice [bleep] keeps kicking my face in. ;_;

I feel emasculated. It kinda annoys me that I was more proficient at Pokemon back when I was playing RB/GSC than I am now. And I'm poor. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

L i solo'ed the E4 on my 1st ever game on ruby with 1 pokemon, my level 100 blaziken. It was beast. Ofc I was like 8 back then

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Can't beat the Elite Four in Emerald.

Ice [bleep] keeps kicking my face in. ;_;

I feel emasculated. It kinda annoys me that I was more proficient at Pokemon back when I was playing RB/GSC than I am now. And I'm poor. D:

It's not your fault, Ice is an increadible type when combined with water, few weaknesses and pretty much super effectives in everything :mellow: