Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Although I've found Dragonite + Expert Belt Tyranitar to be a very effective combo for wall-breaking. They have very similar movesets, and both are bulky but slow. You could give Dragonite Superpower, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, Roost to deal with Steels, then give Tyranitar Crunch/Pursuit (you really don't need both on this set), Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Earthquake.

Bandnite is ftw, I've been using it for a while. Espeed 1 hit kos jolt, does like 65 to starmie, and basically gets rid of faster but frailer threats. Outrage is just beast, 1 hit koing defensive rotom and basically anything not steel. Eq/superpower can take care of the steels, even though outrange does like 50 to jirachi/scizor/heatran.

Salamence is still allowed in this tournament.

If they update the servers, then we'll have to challenge each other under Ubers, so we can ensure Salamence can be used.

Or at least, I'm pretty sure.

4 days have passed, so the new round is going up.

1 A_Local_Guy vs. Omnitech

2 Riku3220 vs. Zaaps1

3 Buzzcut3 vs. Roccodog

4 Ultimania vs. Kcdragon8116

5 Bye Squareroot2

6 Demoliboy2 vs. Run4runes

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Whenever you can run :thumbup:

Also, Salamence is about to be banned from the OU thing in the Smogon and CAP servers.

Which is my concern, after that, there's no way we can challenge each other and still allow Salamence unless we set the battle to ubers, which presents 2 problems, 1) Can't control of others use ubers and 2) That means the team you challenge with would have to be uber, iirc

Also, Salamence is about to be banned from the OU thing in the Smogon and CAP servers.

Which is my concern, after that, there's no way we can challenge each other and still allow Salamence unless we set the battle to ubers, which presents 2 problems, 1) Can't control of others use ubers and 2) That means the team you challenge with would have to be uber, iirc

So we would have to have an uber on our team to play on the uber tier? Otherwise, if someone uses a banned pokemon, they lose anyways.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

So we would have to have an uber on our team to play on the uber tier? Otherwise, if someone uses a banned pokemon, they lose anyways.

Basically, which means either both of us use Salamence or neither of us. Plus, once you see the challenge is uber, you automatically see that they have Salamence, so you can just pick a team with that in mind (eg. as opposed to a team that can deal with Salamence on the ladder, you use a team that can completely control it, designed for the purpose that you know Salamence is on the other team).

Btw, when do you want to have our match?

Woo dead last! :grin:

Whenever you're ready Omni.

Not sure what happened to Riku though.

We had a match together? I completely missed it! Oh well, I'm sure I would've lost anyways. When do you want to do ours Zaaps?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Er, are you free now, or in 1-2 hours after this post?

Sorry I had dinner, meet me in CAP if you're still on.

I won.

Btw, I just tested this in CAP, you CAN use Salamence in an OU challenge, but only if the person without Salamence challenges first. If the person with Salamence challenges, the challenge becomes an Ubers challenge and the other person automatically knows you have Salamence. If you see someone challenging you first and you see it's OU, they don't have Salamence, and you can prepare for that.

Either way, it's not very fair since whoever challenges have an innate disadvantage because the opponent already knows whether or not he has Salamence and can pick a team to counter that fact. So imo, let's just cut all this crap out and make it totally fair, ban Salamence from this tournament.

I for one don't have an "anti-Salamence team", but I do agree that Salamence should be removed from the tournament and we should be given a day or two to make/test a new team. Not a big deal either way though.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I for one don't have an "anti-Salamence team", but I do agree that Salamence should be removed from the tournament and we should be given a day or two to make/test a new team. Not a big deal either way though.

May as well start again if the rules are going to change halfway through though. Easier to carry on.

If there's another tournament in the future it may be fun for it to be Ubers though. Changes things up a bit.