Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Not even at Volkner yet, been taking it slow :lol:

Got killed several times by Azelf, ultimately used 35 Dusk Balls to get it. Uxie struggle-killed itself after another 30 after that. Then tried again and caught it in 3 :lol:

Giratina just wouldn't go down when I tried capping him. It took me 40 ultra balls before switching and capturing him with a timer ball.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

As soon as Platinum comes out for australia I'll get it probably. Girantina sounds cool in his new form; old one sucked..

And having a good team BEFORE the elite four would be cool.

@Star, exactly, they should have combos like that, or after national dex make them harder or something.

Still playing Shiny Gold now though, such a good hack. I've not used an inproper pokemon in my team as of yet.

Wow the elite four is a hell of a lot harder this time round I guess.

Anyone know the sinnoh dex levels and pokemon?

Also, is it easier to level pokemon ingame in platinum? I reckon it would be if there's a longer story plot prior to the elite four.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

EDIT BUTTON BROKE ATM.

Doomy, btw, what's your new team? (As in the "overhaul" team?)

I didn't end up changing it, I tried the elite 4 once again and won easily. ALl was downhill once I got past the Gliscor, meh.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Consider getting Houndoom though, has to be one of my fave pokemon, with a base special attack barely lower than Alakazam, stab from dark pulse and flamethrower, with nasty plot an will-o-wisp = pretty win.

Anyway, sending you a pm doomz0

I've used Chimchar and he's carried me pretty far. Although I do need outside help for the Elite 4.

Working on training up a Roserade so I can beat Bertha.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

On platinum there's no real good grass pokemon in comparison to the water/fires you can get,

(Houndoom/Octillery = great special attackers)

Torterra's good, but not great on the special side of things. Depending on your situational gain you'd use Torterra for basically attacking/tanking and STAB earthquake, Empoleon isnt THAT great, but on the defencive side I guess he can be.

Infernape on the other hand is also a pretty awesome starter. Probably was the best for Pearl/Diamond. In platinum though, there's more of a lack of a physical grass tank with stab earthquake imo.

Houndoom p0wnz.

The only reason I chose Infernape was because I thought, apart from Ponyta, he was the only fire type.

The only reason I chose Infernape was because I thought, apart from Ponyta, he was the only fire type.

Well there's Houndoom and Magmortar in Platinum, now. Would still prefer Infernape, though, purely because it's easier to get earlier

And he's a fairly decent sweeper, even if a good portion of his moves kinda blow.

Infernape isnt as good as people probably think imo, Blaziken = higher stats just slightly worse movepool.

But in-game you have Houndoom, which is a great special sweeper.

Torterra's basically a backup imo.

5000th post z0mg.

JiggyPuff is ftw!

Yeah, I had a Jigglypuff on leafgreen. The anime doesn't have Jigglypuff anymore D:

Actually I havn't watched that since like the series a few years ago, oh well.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I love Lickilicky.

STAB Explosion baby D:

Err, just got a shiny tentacool on Shiny Gold. LOL.

Why did it have to be on my ROM game? -.-

A person i'm subbed to on Yt has been posting SG videos. Lol.

Shiny gold is great. The only downside is Zel wanted to put hoenn pokemon into the mix before you even get one badge. VERY hard to find though. And kinda random. Mudkip is achieved early.

Other than that, almost everything so far is completely 100% what I remember.

Anyway, current team after 4 badges on SG:

Lv 24 Weepinbell

Lv 28 Croconaw

Lv 26 Graveler

Lv 20 Gastly

Lv 19 Charmeleon

Lv 22 Golbat.

I ditched pidgeotto for zubat -> golbat, solely because Crobat is sooooo much better than pidgeot and easier to get when training a different pokemon.

Charmander was from the Game corner so dont say im hypocritical, I know it wasnt there in normal GSC but I reckon whatever's on sale there should be legit, unless they're legendaries, which I dont use anyway (might use [garden tool] Oh cause its like my 3rd fave legendary though.. LUGIA FTW.)

I do reccomend this if you want to play lol.

Can anyone give me a complete list of pokemon obtainable through Platinum version? It'll determine if I am to get it or not :P

My favorite pokemon:

Dusclops

Pidgeot

Nidoking

Gengar

Toxicroak

Some others, but I forgot.

Would a fighting type team be good?

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.