Waterfiends

agira

Hello,

I got Waterfiends slayer task and i done it, doing this task i tried few methods of killing they, but any from they lead then i must doing this task access bank like 5-7 times, then question is maybe somebody have some better idea, interesting to exchange opinions, what i tried:

All times i used inventory:

Black dhide body, legs, barrows gloves, black mystic boots (for mage def), glory, skillcape & black mask;

* I have no god sword then i don't talk about it here.

* I observed then with antidragonfire shield i have less magic defence then without this shield.

Then i tried these combos (using prot range pray):

Dragon mace + Holly book - Combo give best pray bonus, but mace hit poor then killing speed i think medium and killing slowly you get more damage per monster then you need more food and this mean more banking :);

Dragon spear - Good method, killing speed good, but it "eat" more prayer and you unable to camp at that place long;

Dragon battleaxe + holly book - after other methods i decided to use this one, because i hit very good with dragon battleaxe and it hit a lot of damage, then i have extra inventory slot for 1 monkfish because anyway I get with me dragon battleaxe for str boosting, just it anyway require banking, killing speed is between dragon mace and dragon spear;

Then i observed interesting method but not tested it, guy used guthans with mage protection prayer, then i not sure but i think he killed more then me per 1 run... but i think is prayer pots waste, because with guthans you low on prayer bonus..

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Hmm. The best guides were probably deleted. But my advice:

Wear Karils/Arma, not dhide.

Use a Zammy Spear/Sara Sword/T Hammers/Verac's Flail.

Get 68 summoning. :lol:

Get 68 summoning. :lol:

Sure i will, i have now over 1,1k gold, 1k green, 700 crimson and 100 blue charms :)

Just i want to collect more of charms and then jump hight on summoning in short time :)

P.S. I agree Karils better, i wonder why i sold my full karils :)

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Wear best mage defense. Karils is prefered.

You must have your weapon set to crush. Luckily Guthans Warspear has a crush option. Use a Sara Sword or a Dragon Scimmy though.

Range pray the whole time, when you are low on health switch in Guthans until full health. Bunyips reduce the need for Guthans but still bring it just in case as well as a few sharks.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Bunyips really are a godsend there, nothing else will afect your trip length more than they will. Their healing means you pretty much never have to eat, and should you need to the swallow whole scroll can be used on the raw lob/shark drops. I generally only take 1 shark for emergencies when i go and dont often use it.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Hm then main improvements of tactic is:

1. Get summoning up to 68 to get Bunyip (i now readed about this familar, good then then you can eat raw fish, waterfiends drop sometimes it);

2. To use karils armor.

Thanks! :)

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Do they become non-aggressive at some point?

Yes, same like others, but killing they require to watch HP.. and near they is escape log which helps to get out from dungeon imediatelly..

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Yes, same like others, but killing they require to watch HP.. and near they is escape log which helps to get out from dungeon imediatelly..

Dark Beasts never go non-aggro.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I don't get the last part of your post.

But from what I can understand you go to the mith dragon dungeon and not to the chaos tunnel, right?

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

I don't get the last part of your post.

But from what I can understand you go to the mith dragon dungeon and not to the chaos tunnel, right?

Yes use the Ancient Cavern (where the Mith Drags are) and not the Chaos Tunnels. You will get slaughtered in multi.

When you get in run South West and theres a spawn of 3 with no other monsters nearby. After 20 mins you can go a bit further North as the Skeleton will be non-aggro. Don't go east to the Brutal Greens, they hit hard.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Yes use the Ancient Cavern (where the Mith Drags are) and not the Chaos Tunnels. You will get slaughtered in multi.

When you get in run South West and theres a spawn of 3 with no other monsters nearby. After 20 mins you can go a bit further North as the Skeleton will be non-aggro. Don't go east to the Brutal Greens, they hit hard.

Thank you, I'm there now, hammering those pesky fiends. Doing fine with Bunyip btw!

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png