Barrows Armor - Not like Jagex had\should have planned?

compfreak847

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, barrows have played out fine.

Why? How? What reasons do you have for\against it? A little more elaboration please? I like to have discussions, not "my mind is already made up, don't confuse me with the facts" :)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Barrows is only cheap just because it's been out for years and because like you said it's easy to obtain

Most items in RS are valued by their rarity rather than stats. Competition among other similar items hasn't really interfered much, though robin hats are getting pretty cheap now because of the Arma helm

As for Bandos, besides it being rare, most people in this game are OBSESSED with str bonus... I see tons of high lvls training slayer with a fighter torso rather than a guthan plate and using rune or drag legs instead of a verac skirt... nobody seems to realize that +4 str isn't worth it at all when you're going to be taking MUCH more damage and the time you spend eating rather than hitting makes barrows armor better

Do you even slay? If you did you'd know that with a Bunyip most tasks require NO FOOD now. So with Bandos and a Bunyip, you have the advantage over players without it.

I respect your knowledge in other areas, such as the obviously Fight Caves, but in this case you're severely wrong.

Laughing at who? Muggi's right, bunyip does not heal enough for many tasks and you still have to eat.

In the intellectual slayer community, it's fairly widely known that if you want to spend a ton of money, you should do it by using piety on task instead of bandos. Ideal piety setup = proselyte plate + veracs skirt (or proselyte legs if it's a pray melee task too). With bunyip no healing is generally required. With unicorn no healing almost always required. O:)

[hide=]Barrows is only cheap just because it's been out for years and because like you said it's easy to obtain

Most items in RS are valued by their rarity rather than stats. Competition among other similar items hasn't really interfered much, though robin hats are getting pretty cheap now because of the Arma helm

As for Bandos, besides it being rare, most people in this game are OBSESSED with str bonus... I see tons of high lvls training slayer with a fighter torso rather than a guthan plate and using rune or drag legs instead of a verac skirt... nobody seems to realize that +4 str isn't worth it at all when you're going to be taking MUCH more damage and the time you spend eating rather than hitting makes barrows armor better

Do you even slay? If you did you'd know that with a Bunyip most tasks require NO FOOD now. So with Bandos and a Bunyip, you have the advantage over players without it.

I respect your knowledge in other areas, such as the obviously Fight Caves, but in this case you're severely wrong.

Laughing at who? Muggi's right, bunyip does not heal enough for many tasks and you still have to eat.[/hide]

In the intellectual slayer community, it's fairly widely known that if you want to spend a ton of money, you should do it by using piety on task instead of bandos. Ideal piety setup = proselyte plate + veracs skirt (or proselyte legs if it's a pray melee task too). With bunyip no healing is generally required. With unicorn no healing almost always required. O:)

Yes, but then you have to bank like crazy, I prefer to just use +15% strength. Good point though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I had stopped playing runescape for half a year or so and was mostly a slayer (lvl 88).

I started again not too long ago because of the changes.

I was doing abyssal demons in my normal old-skool outfit:

black mask, berserker ring, fury, rune platebody, D-skirt, rune boots, whip and Toktz-ket-xil -Shield.

And i carry with me full guthan of course for healing.

All the other people were wearing the 3rd age and stuff I don't recognize.

Then I got a whip drop.

I did a quick price check on the dragon boots (they hadn't been around when I last played), bought them with GE. Checked the Torag price. Only around slightly above 500k for legs and body plate.

So I got that.

Now I am just slugging it out at the abyssals with actually quite nice defense stats, even though the whole outfit didn't costs much at all. I'm not really worried about the degradation of the armour. I've been slaying a long time and it doesn't really cost much effort to fix it.

I'm quite happy about my new outfit. I'm sure it doesn't look pretty, but I didn't mind the references to having just a d-skirt either.

And the Gods of Runescape were favourable towards my decision to buy torag. I returned to the abyssal demons and within 5 kills I got another whip drop. Thank you.

----

Barrow armour is good stuff. I actually also have full dhorak. I use it for black demon tasks. It's great fun. Let my HP go down as low as 4-10, super strength pot, and keep slugging. That's the kind of thrill you don't get with 3rd age. Trying to get as low HP as possible by getting hit by black demons.

And of course Guthans is standard stuff for slayers. I don't have any summoning levels.

I'm just wondering if I should bother with torag at all. I could just wear guthans all the time and exchange the spear for shield, black mask and whip when not healing.

I had stopped playing runescape for half a year or so and was mostly a slayer (lvl 88).

I started again not too long ago because of the changes.

I was doing abyssal demons in my normal old-skool outfit:

black mask, berserker ring, fury, rune platebody, D-skirt, rune boots, whip and Toktz-ket-xil -Shield.

And i carry with me full guthan of course for healing.

All the other people were wearing the 3rd age and stuff I don't recognize.

Then I got a whip drop.

I did a quick price check on the dragon boots (they hadn't been around when I last played), bought them with GE. Checked the Torag price. Only around slightly above 500k for legs and body plate.

So I got that.

Now I am just slugging it out at the abyssals with actually quite nice defense stats, even though the whole outfit didn't costs much at all. I'm not really worried about the degradation of the armour. I've been slaying a long time and it doesn't really cost much effort to fix it.

I'm quite happy about my new outfit. I'm sure it doesn't look pretty, but I didn't mind the references to having just a d-skirt either.

And the Gods of Runescape were favourable towards my decision to buy torag. I returned to the abyssal demons and within 5 kills I got another whip drop. Thank you.

----

Barrow armour is good stuff. I actually also have full dhorak. I use it for black demon tasks. It's great fun. Let my HP go down as low as 4-10, super strength pot, and keep slugging. That's the kind of thrill you don't get with 3rd age. Trying to get as low HP as possible by getting hit by black demons.

And of course Guthans is standard stuff for slayers. I don't have any summoning levels.

I'm just wondering if I should bother with torag at all. I could just wear guthans all the time and exchange the spear for shield, black mask and whip when not healing.

Get 68/79/88 Summoning (Easy with bursting at lobsters) and a SGS if you want, then sell your guthans. Forever. Unless you want to tank at bandos.

DeviledEgg24.png

I doubt I have enough charms for that. I only just started playing again.

Burst at lobsters. If you don't have the money, go to GWD and earn it, then burst. Faster to earn money and burst then anything else, including waterfiends (If you can make over 432k per hour, which is very, very easy at GWD)

DeviledEgg24.png

I agree that barrows is some amazing armor, but it does degrade after a time, but even that does make it much better than 3rd age and bandos cost-wise. People honestly do buy bandos and 3rd age for the looks, and the uses. Although more so for bandos, the newer armor will always be considered "top of the line" until people begin o see the bad points in cost-usage.

However, Bandos will always help out in the GWD for bosses, and the 3rd is just an awesome looking armor "made" for the wealthy. I personally will stick with Barrows until I have enough money to cover costs for that and a Godword and not break the bank just by buying it all.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I agree that barrows is some amazing armor, but it does degrade after a time, but even that does make it much better than 3rd age and bandos cost-wise. People honestly do buy bandos and 3rd age for the looks, and the uses. Although more so for bandos, the newer armor will always be considered "top of the line" until people begin o see the bad points in cost-usage.

However, Bandos will always help out in the GWD for bosses, and the 3rd is just an awesome looking armor "made" for the wealthy. I personally will stick with Barrows until I have enough money to cover costs for that and a Godword and not break the bank just by buying it all.

Bandos for bosses? The only possible use is in a team where you have more then enough food anyway. Soloing, the melee minion will hit you far more then the extra max hit from the +6 strength, and the +2 range defence is meaningless. Bandos is questionably useful for monster hunting, but as I've showed only those with cash they would never use anyway should buy it for that.

DeviledEgg24.png

The tassets help out if you don't have the cash for a godsword, and you don't want to have to use a switch item for bandos. Honestly that isn't even worth it, but I would buy the tassets before any other armor, I'm a strength noob :o

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I would buy tassets just because leg armor is so sucky by nature. Higher def than dragon legs, plus a strength bonus sounds really nice. Although I like my Barrows armor for it, degrading really does effect it. At least with something like tassets, the money doesn't go down the drain. As long as they don't crash, there's going to be value there.

I would buy tassets just because leg armor is so sucky by nature. Higher def than dragon legs, plus a strength bonus sounds really nice. Although I like my Barrows armor for it, degrading really does effect it. At least with something like tassets, the money doesn't go down the drain. As long as they don't crash, there's going to be value there.

Do what you want, but I'd bet that if you added up all the extra time eating and banking because of bandos you'd end up spending more then if you just repaired the barrows, and bandos is probably going to go down anyway. Plus you don't have to worry about barrows crashing.

DeviledEgg24.png

Barrows armor has a cost that doesn't exactly look like a ton at first, but then if you combat 90% of the time, then you find yourself at the POH with 200k on you wanting to repair it over and over. You might not realize it, but in the long run you are going to be paying a lot of cash.

Bandos = You buy it one time, no more cost.

Barrows = You buy it, then you repair every so often, this wastes time and money you could be getting from being on task more.

Most slayers don't even use a bandos top, they use fighter torso and tassets or verac skirt because bunyip heals them enough for the next 40 min that all they have to do is click on the monster. Why have such high defensive stats if the monsters you are killing don't hit you enough to need them?

Most of the same reasoning comes out of the black mask, if you can kill the monsters quicker then they can't hit you as much and you finish tasks quicker.

I keep hearing you talk about eating, yet I haven't ate on a task in forever...bunyip covers all the healing...after I hit 68 summoning my Full Guthans went straight into the G.E. and sold and I really haven't missed it much.

Barrows doesn't need a tweak, it is a lower level mini-game that is there to help level 80-110 earn enough cash to buy goals and items they want to go up against harder monsters for better items.

barrows has been in games years.

3rd age has bene in a year at most

Bandos has been in under a year.

Therefore the prices reflect this.

I mean back when I bought my barrows armour it was about 12 mil for guthans alone and even karils (as the cheapest set) was about 4mil.

The simply fact of the rs economy is Something is added. Few can do it. Few have it. Many want it. Price is high.

Over time guides and methods filter out to the masses allowing the masses to do it.

At the same time this means the number of them in game begins to grow expenetionally while demand remains even hence prices fall.

The current values have nothing to do with how good items are, its all to do with the hype around them and how many of the exsist.

I mean when i bought guthans for 12mil it was very very rare to see anyone in guthans and it was a huge deal and uber rare to have. Now go to any major training spot and your lucky to not see atleast one guthans set there. The same applies with 3rd age and bandos, they need time to settle in.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Barrows armor has a cost that doesn't exactly look like a ton at first, but then if you combat 90% of the time, then you find yourself at the POH with 200k on you wanting to repair it over and over. You might not realize it, but in the long run you are going to be paying a lot of cash.

Bandos = You buy it one time, no more cost.

Barrows = You buy it, then you repair every so often, this wastes time and money you could be getting from being on task more.

Most slayers don't even use a bandos top, they use fighter torso and tassets or verac skirt because bunyip heals them enough for the next 40 min that all they have to do is click on the monster. Why have such high defensive stats if the monsters you are killing don't hit you enough to need them?

Most of the same reasoning comes out of the black mask, if you can kill the monsters quicker then they can't hit you as much and you finish tasks quicker.

I keep hearing you talk about eating, yet I haven't ate on a task in forever...bunyip covers all the healing...after I hit 68 summoning my Full Guthans went straight into the G.E. and sold and I really haven't missed it much.

Barrows doesn't need a tweak, it is a lower level mini-game that is there to help level 80-110 earn enough cash to buy goals and items they want to go up against harder monsters for better items.

Bandos and other rare armors are prone to crashes, and as a general rule are falling slowly but steadily. As I explained before, bandos is not worth it even without eating figured in. As for helping lower level players earn money.... What? How does that have to do with the stats of the armor? Its just another example, if a level 80 player can quickly and easily get armor that is as good or better then bandos, which takes a maxed player many days or weeks and millions in supplies gets, is something wrong? Or is this just how it should be?

DeviledEgg24.png

When I play RS, I tend to watch my income carefully. When I buy something like Bandos that doesn't degrade, I can use it in combat and not write any expense down. When I use my Guthan's plate and chainlegs on a slayer task, I fix it at my POH after selling good drops on the GE, and buying back potions I used up. I almost always break even, except on tasks like Kalphite. I don't like the idea of steady drain. With most tasks, Bandos and a Bunyip should be enough to keep me going. As will an SGS once I get it.

Although it's not very smart, I don't pay attention to monkfish used up because I fish them all myself. I know it's still expense, but it's the funny way I like to slay. And since I slay, it's a LOT of straight combat. 15 hours goes by about as quick as you'd initially think in slayer. That's kind of a lot of loss. If I invest in Bandos once I can be quite happy, not having any steady expense going away, like with a degradable.

Hell, I was thinking of buying 3rd Age before Bandos came out. You just can't get your money back steadily enough for my liking otherwise.

ALTHOUGH I am definitely going to wait before I buy Bandos, since it's obviously still going to drop for a while. I mean, Barrows is still dropping.

When I play RS, I tend to watch my income carefully. When I buy something like Bandos that doesn't degrade, I can use it in combat and not write any expense down. When I use my Guthan's plate and chainlegs on a slayer task, I fix it at my POH after selling good drops on the GE, and buying back potions I used up. I almost always break even, except on tasks like Kalphite. I don't like the idea of steady drain. With most tasks, Bandos and a Bunyip should be enough to keep me going. As will an SGS once I get it.

Although it's not very smart, I don't pay attention to monkfish used up because I fish them all myself. I know it's still expense, but it's the funny way I like to slay. And since I slay, it's a LOT of straight combat. 15 hours goes by about as quick as you'd initially think in slayer. That's kind of a lot of loss. If I invest in Bandos once I can be quite happy, not having any steady expense going away, like with a degradable.

Hell, I was thinking of buying 3rd Age before Bandos came out. You just can't get your money back steadily enough for my liking otherwise.

ALTHOUGH I am definitely going to wait before I buy Bandos, since it's obviously still going to drop for a while. I mean, Barrows is still dropping.

It can't really drop much farther, and many pieces have stopped dropping now. And if Jagex ever makes it harder to get...

DeviledEgg24.png

its not barrows they messed up on, its 3rd age and bandos. They were both released years after, so jagex couldnt tell in any way that they would be releasing them. What they should of done is make those to a good 50 defence points higher. Of course, this probably would make barrows sink lower, besides the useful sets like guthans and ahrims. Most likely torags and karils would be hit the hardest.

You really cant expect barrows to be forever hard. Right now level 60s with a decent amount of runes and prayer potions can do it. Eventually, barrows will be super easy. Theyll be new armour, which makes barrows seem flimsy and weak. And theyll be brand new spells to cut right through torag. :twisted: I think guthans and maybe veracs will be the only ones that will still be used. Ant right now, guthans is getting outclassed by summoning.

BOO

its not barrows they messed up on, its 3rd age and bandos. They were both released years after, so jagex couldnt tell in any way that they would be releasing them. What they should of done is make those to a good 50 defence points higher. Of course, this probably would make barrows sink lower, besides the useful sets like guthans and ahrims. Most likely torags and karils would be hit the hardest.

You really cant expect barrows to be forever hard. Right now level 60s with a decent amount of runes and prayer potions can do it. Eventually, barrows will be super easy. Theyll be new armour, which makes barrows seem flimsy and weak. And theyll be brand new spells to cut right through torag. :twisted: I think guthans and maybe veracs will be the only ones that will still be used. Ant right now, guthans is getting outclassed by summoning.

No, Jagex seems afraid to release anything more powerful, probably to combat power creep. Even now, PVP has turned into 0-0-0-0-0-0-38-0-0-0. Just try whipping another high level with torags and DFS. Their response has been to make monsters that hit virtually every time regardless of your defence bonus. A notable exception was DKS, but in most other places (I.E GWD), the bosses MUST be prayed against, or they will own you in mere seconds. Which reminds me of another pet peve, prayer should reduce damage taken from monsters, not eliminate it. Currently Jagex is forced to create monsters that would kill you in seconds without prayer, and have a strong 2ndary attack so you still get hit (Graador anyone?)

DeviledEgg24.png

It's true that barrows defense bonuses are way too strong for such an easy to get armour, not to mention the set bonuses...but like you said 3rd age is a status symbol and dont you think its expensive enough already :P

But yea I guess maybe 3rd age and barrows coulda switched but then half of rs wouldnt be able to have any armour past rune D:

And also imo bandos is better than barrows because offensive is very helpful imo, especially in places like pc or lower level monsters that you really dont need much defense against or monsters that you would pray against, bandos wins. Str bonus is VERY coveted in rs and to prove that just count how many people you see with fighter torsos. Imo I think 3rd age should have been stronger than barrows but bandos is fine.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

It's true that barrows defense bonuses are way too strong for such an easy to get armour, not to mention the set bonuses...but like you said 3rd age is a status symbol and dont you think its expensive enough already :P

But yea I guess maybe 3rd age and barrows coulda switched but then half of rs wouldnt be able to have any armour past rune D:

And also imo bandos is better than barrows because offensive is very helpful imo, especially in places like pc or lower level monsters that you really dont need much defense against or monsters that you would pray against, bandos wins. Str bonus is VERY coveted in rs and to prove that just count how many people you see with fighter torsos. Imo I think 3rd age should have been stronger than barrows but bandos is fine.

Just because most people prefer torso to torag's plate doesn't mean its right ::'

PC is bad for XP, most high levels are smart enough not to go there. Not many players rich enough for bandos train on monsters so low that they never hit. If your praying, initiate is far, far better period. And the +6 strength is far, far overestimated, as I've pointed out several times already.

DeviledEgg24.png

Barrows is only cheap just because it's been out for years and because like you said it's easy to obtain

Agreed about the strength bonus, but I guess I'd better clarify about what I was discussing. I'm saying that barrows should be a very, very rare status symbol for only the wealthiest. Barrows, even when it came out was not that hard; now it is downright simplistic.

No. I think Jagex wanted most of the RS population to use barrows for the sole purpose that they degrade. Whats the point of having the wealthiest people who can gain millions in sometimes a few minutes only being charged 300k per hour to use barrows?

But, what if most of the RS Population uses them? Then most of the money from Alchers goes away while people wear the superior armor. Its naturally for people to wear the "best" armor, even if the intial cost is cheap.

Plus, your forgetting that the Grand Exchange was not out. So Players set the prices for those items. 3rd age is 200 times more because players saw it fit to be that way.

I don't see Barrows as a status symbol to only the wealthiest because for 1, their drop rate would be alot higher than they are now and they would also update the mini-game if players evolved to comfortable with it making it easier.

I think Barrows was a fun mini-game to provide most players with good, but costly armor to act as a primary money sink. Your also missing the point that not every noob can just go out and get barrows either. I have played for 6 years and never owned a 8 million Guthan Set intill I went GWD with my clan and got CoinShare with Shards. Thats how I got rich, but if I never done that, I would never have seen a Guthan set without hundreds of hours poured into the mini-game itself. Which DOES cost alot through prayer potions.

I think they still hold their status symbol, just quite a few players finally got to the point of owning one and its been out so long that you think "omg everyone has one, its not rare anymore".

But truth is, ask them to buy a 2nd pair and they would probably freak out. I'm lucky to be able to buy all 6 sets, of course I don't for obvious reasons. Not all the barrows equipment is worth it.

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Just because most people prefer torso to torag's plate doesn't mean its right ::'

PC is bad for XP, most high levels are smart enough not to go there. Not many players rich enough for bandos train on monsters so low that they never hit. If your praying, initiate is far, far better period. And the +6 strength is far, far overestimated, as I've pointed out several times already.

I didnt say it was right, I just said its coveted...

as for pc..That's funny because I(lvl 114) went there today to get the void range armour and after a few minutes and talking to a few high lvls, I found a 110+ world. It was extremely packed and boats kept getting full in 5 seconds with lvl 110+'s. Some may think that pc is bad exp but if you have a high lvl team it's not bad and it helps with skills like magic. So either most high levels arent smart according to you....or pc is not that bad. Btw I think you mean proselyte, not initiate :P but yea I know proselyte is better but str IS pretty helpful. So say what you will but +6 strength is still a nice bonus. Besides like many have said, bunyips are more than enough for most slayer tasks these days. For example I was killing dust devils an hour ago and I broguth 15 cakes....they lasted me the whole task and guess what? I was using my bandos :D And what does being rich have to do with training on high-hitting monsters? I dont see the connection...

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Agreed about the strength bonus, but I guess I'd better clarify about what I was discussing. I'm saying that barrows should be a very, very rare status symbol for only the wealthiest. Barrows, even when it came out was not that hard; now it is downright simplistic.

No. I think Jagex wanted most of the RS population to use barrows for the sole purpose that they degrade. Whats the point of having the wealthiest people who can gain millions in sometimes a few minutes only being charged 300k per hour to use barrows? What's the point of the wealthiest wearing armor that doesn't degrade at all?

But, what if most of the RS Population uses them? Then most of the money from Alchers goes away while people wear the superior armor. Its naturally for people to wear the "best" armor, even if the intial cost is cheap. Ok, what if barrows still degraded, and did not have the best stats, but was 200X cheaper then 3rd age, and 40X cheaper then bandos?

Plus, your forgetting that the Grand Exchange was not out. So Players set the prices for those items. 3rd age is 200 times more because players saw it fit to be that way. That's only because its far rarer and harder to get. So it should have better stats.

I don't see Barrows as a status symbol to only the wealthiest because for 1, their drop rate would be alot higher than they are now and they would also update the mini-game if players evolved to comfortable with it making it easier. Exactly, they should either make it rare or switch the stats with 3rd age so that the rare, expensive armor actually has good stats. I would gladly save up 50m+ to get good, rare armor that set me apart from the crowds, if it actually had better stats then the cheap, common armor. My armor is for use, not decoration.

I think Barrows was a fun mini-game to provide most players with good, but costly armor to act as a primary money sink. Your also missing the point that not every noob can just go out and get barrows either. I have played for 6 years and never owned a 8 million Guthan Set intill I went GWD with my clan and got CoinShare with Shards. Thats how I got rich, but if I never done that, I would never have seen a Guthan set without hundreds of hours poured into the mini-game itself. Which DOES cost alot through prayer potions. What does that have to do with other players? Just because you didn't do barrows doesn't mean that every noob can't. The majority of players I see at the barrows are lower levels.

I think they still hold their status symbol, just quite a few players finally got to the point of owning one and its been out so long that you think "omg everyone has one, its not rare anymore". 3rd age will still be rare, even after a couple of years. And not a status symbol. I don't remember ever hearing "nice torags".

But truth is, ask them to buy a 2nd pair and they would probably freak out. I'm lucky to be able to buy all 6 sets, of course I don't for obvious reasons. Not all the barrows equipment is worth it. What pieces are not? Notice I'm talking about the armor, not the set effect. I'm also talking about the barrows melee, range, and mage armor as a whole. Together, they hold all of the titles for best armor around, except for karils which is "beat" by armadyl, with slightly better stats and a large negative melee bonus

DeviledEgg24.png