The Great Tip Pic of 2008- OLD

n_odie

tp2008-1.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decisions! Please contribute!

Hello!

So, high def graphics are out! This leaves us in a decision making position. Many cannot access the pictures whether it be to limitations or membership. I propose we save high Def till next year. This is not final yet becasue I want your input! Basically here are the options:

• *Keep it as is

*Make 2 versions: High and Regular

*Put all in same pic

I don't want to make a poll on the post becasue we will get people who vote that don't think their decision through. Reply your answers even if it not one of the above. Above all else please take a minute and explain why?

Thanks!

N_odie

Misterdeathbringer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Valor and Uular have done a great job in the past and I have been allowed the privilege to host this year. If you are curious as to the past two years, take a look at the following links: 2007 & 2006.

The Great Tip Pic was started because while we may see many through our travels through Runescape, there is no way to see them all!

So the thread was started and turned into something of huge proportion! While it does not take the place of meeting fellow Tif members face to face it gives us a picture of all!

There is a different method of entering your submissions this year. Use the following steps or follow the requirements if you have the know how to do it with other programs. :XD:

[hide=Detailed Submission Guide]These steps are for paint. You are not required to do this method if you know how to make the finished product yourself. These are for people like me who need it plain and simple. eusa_dance.gif)

Step 1 ~Getting the Picture

Click the "Show Equipment Stats" button in your inventory. Try to get your player as centered as possible and take a screenshot by pressing the print screen button on your keyboard.

01.png

Step 2 ~Cropping the Picture

Crop the picture to an appropriate working size.

02.png

Step 3 ~Applying a White Background

Use the flood tool and take out any brown that is not part of your player. The magnifier helps greatly in this aspect as well!

In progress:

03.png

Done:

04.png

PLEASE SAVE AS PNG!

Upload with your choice of image hosting site. Please refer to this sticky for info on different hosting sites: How-To Guide: Taking Screenshots and Posting Images[/hide]

[hide=At a Glance Requirements]~Original Picture taken in "Show Equipment Stats" screen

~White Background

~Preferably transparent background if you have know-how (not required as we will be doing this for the majority of submissions but will save us time

~Must be saved as PNG[/hide]

If your submission does not meet the requirements we will ask you to resubmit. There are 3 of us working on the project so we will try to get you a personalized PM explaining what we may need changed and how to do it!

Forum names will be used unless otherwise requested (within limits). We ask that you only submit for yourself and not on the behalf of others. If you need for some reason to discuss this please PM me.

PLEASE SAVE AS PNG!

So far Cowman_133 and Misterdeathbringer are helping me and you will see thier interaction through this thread a lot. Hopefully this will cut down mess-ups due imperfection... or triple it. So far we have it under control but if we ever need any assistance we will PM anyone who shows interest. ::'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Tip Pic 2008!

[hide=Version 1.3]Tipit-picture-2008-goodver.png[/hide]

[hide=Version 1.2]There where a lot of suggestions and fixes that were pointed out. This version is just to allow you to know if we have your picture or not.

TipPic200812.png[/hide]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

~N_odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Fixes and suggestions that we are considering will be here on the second post. ;)

Also Misterdeathbringer is in control of the pic for the next week :)

Misterdeathbringer: {PM}

N_odie:{PM}

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hmm, I can't get paint to resize it correctly. Sorry.

Heres what I have:

mj8pz9.png

Oh, and I love the new style of the picture =D>

*Please use my RS name, "Seetons"* (thanks ;] )

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

Hmm, I can't get paint to resize it correctly. Sorry.

Heres what I have:

mj8pz9.png

Oh, and I love the new style of the picture =D>

*Please use my RS name, "Seetons"* (thanks ;] )

Ah! I edited that out on the last post. I save all major post before I post them. I no longer want them resized. I am working with a LARGE pic in Photoshop. :) Thanks for mentioning that! It is now out of the guide!

You picture is perfect!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Here I go :lol:

Ninjamonkey.gif

ps: my current RSN isn't Tijger2099 anymore, it's now: Owned_4ever2

Can you retake the picture and save as PNG. When you save as gif it reduces the quality thus the fuzzyness of your picture. :mrgreen:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Can you use my RS name "W00tpecker" please?

Yep

And the idea was thought of by The Valor. I just get to help host it this year. :) I hope to really make it stand out!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Here I go :lol:

Ninjamonkey.gif

ps: my current RSN isn't Tijger2099 anymore, it's now: Owned_4ever2

Can you retake the picture and save as PNG. When you save as gif it reduces the quality thus the fuzzyness of your picture. :mrgreen:

Had to take a new picture, but here you go ;)

Ninjamonkey-1.png

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

Yep

And the idea was thought of by The Valor. I just get to help host it this year. :) I hope to really make it stand out!

Thanks, oh right, well, goodluck helping out, i see your doing a great job already. :P

My GamerTag: o NoToRiiOuS x

W00tpecker.png

-W00tpecker | 2069 Total | 86/90 Fishing | 80/90 Mining-

Yep

Thanks, oh right, well, goodluck helping out, i see your doing a great job already. :P

Thanks :0 Mister D and I are having a blast. THis roll back will help us catch up lolz. :lol:

Tijger2099 That will work great!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

RSN: Runescapew44

pose08fx0.png

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8640/pose08fx0.png

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

how do u save a picture as png? i hav my picture but idk how to save as png, can somone help plz :D

Edit: ok, i hav it saved as png, now how do i put the picture on this post, or a different post. do i cut and paste? do i hav to get a code? plz help

Edit2: ok i got it, i will post my picture on another post

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Frist off, its great to see that TIF is back up :lol:

Also good to see that my picture was not lost.

Good luck nodie.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

My Rs Name: Beethovens29 here is my pic

beethovens29.png

[img=http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/Beethovens29/beethovens29.png]

im really exited, making that picture must be hard work, with a ton of ppl on it. o, and u guys do knw that the entire picture u posted is slighty cut off from the right.

i cnt wait to see what the entire picture looks like!!

Edit: I posted a new picture on a different post. It should be somewhere in the posts below. Hope you find it lol!!! of course you will find it.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

My Rs Name: Beethovens29 here is my pic

beethovens29.png

[img=http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/Beethovens29/beethovens29.png]

im really exited, making that picture must be hard work, with a ton of ppl on it. o, and u guys do knw that the entire picture u posted is slighty cut off from the right.

i cnt wait to see what the entire picture looks like!!!

I can't wait either! It is a lot of work but isn't too hard once you have it down.

The pictures are still there I was just cutting it down and went to happy and didn't knotice it :P

BTW Your picture is saved in the right format but is awfully scratchy. It could be becasue you may have saved it as Gif first and tried to resave as PNG. If you could retake and get back to me that would be great!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Ok the V1.2 picture is cut off, but i saved it and checked and didn't see myself on it. here is my guy

War_Junky_91.png

K thanks, Where do you say it is cut off?

If you are talkijng about the left side that is becasue we use it as a guide where to place the first pic.; When I am done there will be a border to accompany it :mrgreen: With No cut of items. :)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Ok the V1.2 picture is cut off, but i saved it and checked and didn't see myself on it. here is my guy

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x194 ... nky_91.png

K thanks, Where do you say it is cut off?

If you are talkijng about the left side that is becasue we use it as a guide where to place the first pic.; When I am done there will be a border to accompany it :mrgreen: With No cut of items. :)

Not the left side, the picture doesn't stretch the page so you only get to see up to "The Great Tip Pic of 2(" from the 2 in 2008 on you can't see the picture.

cool_sig1.jpg