(New Quest) - Sawmill Struggle

RayOxide

A new quest; involving the Sawmill and its secret little woodcutting spot...

Quest Requirements:

Roving Elves

Requirements:

80 Woodcutting

Varrock Ach. Diary (lv 1 & 2)

Combat Level of 100

Atleast 200 Combined Attack, Strength and Defence levels

50 Herblore

How The Quest Goes:

Start this quest by talking to the old man inside the Sawmill, he'll ask you to do a little favour for him, so you'd agree. After you agree, the old man will tell you to cut 3 tree's down, with a special axe given to you called "Ancient Hatchet" (level 80 wc to use; only works on these 3 tree's)

After receiving the ancient hatchet from the old man, he'll tell you to talk to the Woodcutting Tutor in Lumbridge (The guy with 99 woodcutting), he'll tell you that these tree's aren't normal tree's at all; they're ancient old ents.

After the WC Tutor tells you this, he'll give you a list of where these 3 "Trees" are placed.

The Action Parts:

Part 1: The Arch Ent - Level 150, 150HP and max of 20 Range

The map will send you off far into Lletya, into a dungeon and out of it too, where you will meet a large dark brown tree. It wont seem hard to cut down, so you'll get your ancient hatchet and start chopping, and it shall say "You recieve some... Sap!?" puddles of sap drip around you in this cut scene as the tree grows eyes and branches turn to arms, and it starts attacking you. Melee is your best bet to this bad boy, as these ents use the Combat Triangle, (explained later on) After killing this Ent, you will be able to chop the tree, getting 1 log from it before it disintegrates.

You will now have an "Arch Ent Log".

Part 2: The Mage Ent - Level 150, 140HP and max of 25 Mage

The map again, will send you off deep into the Mort Myre Swamps, covered around with ghasts, into a darkened area, with a very light white tree. This tree wont seem hard to cut down, so you'll grab your trusty ancient hatchet, and start chopping...

--Next Post continues..

--Continued from above Post.

It shall say, "You receive some... Sap.. Again!?", as now the Ent will come alive, and start to attack with a magic type attack, where its leaves blow up a small hurricane to smack you in the face, which will max a 25, but rarely hits over 11. After killing this foe (With the best attack being range), you'll be able to cut it down, receiving a "Mage Ent Log". After receiving this log you will now look on your map, for the last spot.

Part 3: The Sniper Ent - Level 150, HP 160 and max of 20 Melee

This next ent, the pesky thing is placed on the island slightly east of the Chaos Elemental, so you'll head over there and bring your ancient hatchet with, taking on this runt, seeing a slightly red tinted tree, you will again try to cut it down, and it shall say "You obviously receive some sap." which starts dripping on you, and sticking you in place where the Ent can now swing its branches (arms) into your body, rarely hitting over 15. Your best bet to take this thing down is with a strong magic attack; though melee still works ok. After killing this thing, you'll be able to chop it down with your ancient axe, which will snap in half from the thickness of this tree, but you receive a "Sniper Ent Log" anyway.

The Hardest:

As you're now finished cutting down the ents, you'll go to the Old Man in the sawmill and tell him you did the 'small' favour he asked. He'll thank you and tell you it's not over. The old man will then give you an ancient knife, pestle and mortar, and some wacky looking herbs. Use the knife on the logs, which will shred them into "Mage Ent Shreds", "Arch Ent Shreds", and "Sniper Ent Shreds".

After receiving these, you'll use your pestle and mortar on the herbs, grounding them, and using the ground herbs on the shreds. The old man will then take you down into the secret woodcutting spot, used by Sawmill workers and favourite people of the sawmill.

--Next Post Continues..

--Continued from above Post.

Now you notice a huge Ent in the middle of the area one-hitting all the workers, with 10s each way.

The Master Ent - Level 180, HP 225, Max of 30 melee/mage/range, summons level 50 Tree Spirits which max 6 unoften.

When trying to kill this huge tree, it will be the colour of the shreds, first being the Arch Ent Shreds, 2nd the Mage Ent Shreds, and the 3rd being the Sniper Ent Shreds.

On each of these, you must use its weak combat type (Arch Ent - Melee, Mage Ent - Range, Sniper Ent - Magic) to kill it; when its down to its last few HP each colour; (75 each) use the (e) ---- Ent Shreds on it, which will send it to a random (unkilled) Ent, which you will repeat the steps of.

After destroying this thing it will sink into the ground and a bundle of leaves will appear; take these leaves to the Old man, who will fix these into a hat (+2 all defence, +1 all attack) which you have to wear to enter the Sawmill Woodcutting facility.

You have now completed the quest, with the award of:

15k in all combat stats, excluding prayer

Two 10k antique lamps, used on any skill above level 45

40k Woodcutting xp

and

Access to the Sawmill Woodcutting Facility.

Facility holds:

3 Mahogany Tree's

7 Teak Tree's

15 Oak Tree's

And a bank at the entrance of the area.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Bump...?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: / :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: say 3/5 of my friends. Take some time to read and comment, please.. It's basically a quest to a woodcutting "guild"

I like it to be honest. A very nice way to involve the combat triangle which most players ignore or think it dosn't work. Also a nice way to involve the Acheivement Diaries. And i'm glad you didn't say you needed acheivement diary 3 as well or else you'd get a lower mark.

4.5/5

Would of been less if you introduced a new tree, which most people think makes a good quest.

Not too keen on the name of the last ent "Sniper". Since in RuneScape times no-one knows what a Sniper is. Warrior Ent perhaps? (just a suggestion)

Like the idea of a big boss though since many people were complaining about the lack of bosses in the Kennith's Concern's quest. So you filled that gap in quite well, conciously or sub-conciously.

So overall a nice quest, one i won't be able to do for a looooong time. :D

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

This is a pretty good idea. I have to admit, that quest looks fun and the rewards are even better! :thumbsup:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Thanks guys. A friend helped me with a few things; he'd rather be anonymous though.

Through the time of making this I was sorta braindead lol so I didnt really thing of warrior ;\ only "melee"

Access to the Sawmill Woodcutting Facility.

Facility holds:

3 Mahogany Tree's

7 Teak Tree's

15 Oak Tree's

And a bank at the entrance of the area.

Then tell me why he still charges so much for those planks (the sawmill guy). The cheapskate...

Still, looks good. I think you're missing a quest though, to get into Mort Myre swamps, don't you need Nature Spirit quest?

Also, for the 15K exp rewards, would that include Summoning or no? (Because Summoning does count somewhat as a combat skill.)

Need a new signature....perhaps...

The idea of the quest is excellent, with just two exceptions:

1.) When Jagex released the Achievement Diaries, they mentioned them being outside the normal scope of the game.(i.e. Do them if you want to, but it's not going to affect other game options.) So I think requiring them to complete a quest would defeat that purpose.

2.) Even though the quest will filter out some, with that small amount of trees, it's still liable to be packed, and extremely hard to gather resources there. I think the idea of a new tree and maybe some new woodcutting items (preferably consumable) would be more appropriate.

Elsewise, very nice quest idea.

@Ultima, I didnt really think about that summoning thing, so no, thats not included lol :P

Yeah I was going to update with nature spirit, i remembered it after a post but i was in runescape doing stuff so I forgot basically,

@Kaori, with the achievement diaries, I didnt mean you *have* to do lv 2 to get in there, just to have the armour to get in there.

Also maybe people with lv 3 armour get complete access to a bigger area with 2x the stuff, and people with over 95 woodcutting get over 3x the stuff?

It's Priest in Peril you've got to complete before you can cross the salve, Nature Spirit to be started to a point is required to access the swamp, you don't actually need to finish it unless you want to fight ghasts.

Looks good, but I agree with KaoriKnight, in that with the amount of trees, it will become packed, and that it would be a good idea to have new trees/woodcutting items instead of just trees. We have trees everywhere, make this something special.

party_banner.jpg

A great quest for higher levels! But to be honest, im not a noob, but im not the best of players either, and im sick of seeing all these quests that require stupidly high levels. Hopefully there will be a decent quest soon enough for cb lvl 70+'s.

But i have to say, well done and bravo for all the effort you have put into this idea :thumbsup: 4.5/5

^_^ Sibmaster ^_^

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Tbh there's 2 reasons I put such little tree's in there...

1. Mahogany and Teak tree's are susposed to be (quite) rare, and putting so many in there would plummet prices too much, and make 99 construction like 99 firemaking

2. The amount of money possibly made by this, think about it; (money) and 27 teak logs; made into planks at 500ea (?), planks sell for 780 or so each, which is 280gp prof per plank, since the sawmill is like next to the way out..

Ty for the support so far.. Im thinking of a F2P quest idea aswell.

And if some had noticed, this is on RSOF, under my name, Ray Skiller, so dont worry ;l

P.S. Not to brag but I think the idea of this is decent enough for Jagex to steal, change a bit (a lot) and make it a quest :geek:

I can understand about the not wanting more mahogany/teak trees in there, however, I feel there should be some other incentive to go there other than just those trees, the most notable being a new type of tree/a new form of woodcutting.

Remember, woodcutting isn't just limited to cutting trees, look at the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup (I think it's called that, correct me if I'm wrong) minigame, where you use a machete to cut down the vines. Try to obliterate the box with the ideas you come up with, at worst it'll just get picked apart and you have to try again.

party_banner.jpg

Well, this is more of a Construction-Log Guild, so making a new log = new planks = new things in con, and frankly, everyones out of idea's for construction anyway.

So maybe instead of a new tree, an actual plank shop? :s im out of ideas.

The most wanted thing for construction is lower plank prices, perhaps that could be in this guild? (It would use both your woodcutting and construction levels to determine how much it would be reduced, perhaps to a minimum of half the current price.)

If you remember one of the previous halloween events, we had to collect 10 of the roots from under an evil ent, perhaps that could be part of the quest/form of a minigame exclusive to this guild?

party_banner.jpg

^nice idea, I reckon they could add something like that as a farming game, you steal the roots which can be used in herblore for a new spell, woodcutting potion >.< :lol:

Edit: What about a new skill within woodcutting/crafting, a certain tree (insert name here) is cuttable at lv 80 woodcutting, and can be carved with a knife into .. (crafting levels..)

10. Wooden Shield

20. Normal Staff (new item)

30. ---

40. ---

50. ---

60. ---

70. Battlestaff

80. ---

And that you can only cut down 80 of these trees (80 logs) per day..?

Please; insert idea's in blanks. :D

Oooh.. That's a new (New? Hah..) idea: a tree you can only cut so much of per day. An ingame reason could be the magic/effect of the tree causes you to be inefficient at cutting it until the tree once again "renews" and "forgets" your style of cutting. I'm not sure about the being able to just craft it into a battle staff with crafting.. Perhaps it requires a magic level too, to be able to supress/control the power within the trees logs and fletching to "know your way around the wood"? As such, this join the ranks of things such as the salamanders that require multiple skills to use/create.

This would also stop it from being too readily available, ontop of the limited amount of logs a day. You could have the woodcutting level to cut it, but you need higher mage/fletch/craft to actually do something with it. This would also be the first (I think) production item like this that uses a combat skill, and uses it like this.

One thing this log could be used for is a new type of crossbow. We know dwarves don't like dealing with magic trees, so perhaps this log could have some form of effect that doesn't repel any dwarf, thus leading to a crossbow that has a special attack bar.

That's all I have for now, I'll come back later and ramble on.

party_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think it could do with some backing story, like why the ents are there in the first place.

Aside from that, its fine.

I'm getting rather annoyed at all the quest suggestions trying to be grandmaster or radically change the system , so this was a nice break.

2Xeo5.png

I think it could do with some backing story, like why the ents are there in the first place.

Aside from that, its fine.

I'm getting rather annoyed at all the quest suggestions trying to be grandmaster or radically change the system , so this was a nice break.

This suggestion is like 14 months old :lol:

A back story is a good idea. However I'm not open to huge changes to the quest or anything to do with it. Little nerfs for the rewards or to make the storyline more understandable would be nice though.

And maybe some other options instead of making the whole quest rely on combat. Because I have changed my way on that.

Very nice, I'd love a quest like this so I can take a break from chopping down eucalyptus trees :P

I especially like the idea of that little section with the teak trees, we can finally bank them :D

You could always parcel bank teaks :P