Junk Trades

Magicfalcon9

How exactly do junk trades work? What kind of items normally get sold in junk trades? I have some "junkish" items I need to get rid of.

Thanks

magicfalcon9.png

Dragon Drops: 4 Skirts, 4 Meds (PKed one) , 2 Legs, 1 Chain (Dust Devils), 1 Lump, 1 Shard

Armadyl Drops (219.78m): 13 Chestplates, 13 Skirts, 7 Helms, 8 Hilts

Bandos Drops (10.58m): 2 Chestplates, 1 Tasset, 2 Hilts, 2 Boots

Zamorak Drops (157k): 2 Steam Battlestaves

You have completely misunderstood the concept of it. From what I have heard is that you sell an item for its true value, what it may be. It does not work by you selling your junk to other traders who willing but it...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Runescape is based on a consumer economy, we control the prices. Jagex isn't always correct on the prices, sometimes they may be lower than what players feel is right, it may be higher.

If I had an item worth 200k on the ge, but players buy for 400k, they'd put up the 400k, you'd put up the item, plus 200k worth of junk to even the price limit out.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

no items really get "sold" in junk trades.

Junk trades are for things like godswords where people belive ge price is too low.

Then the seller bulks the sword out with junk itesm eg useless pouches that the ge gives a high value to so that the buyer can pay more for it.

Junk items are anything that is almost totally worthless and easy to aquire to a player but has a high ge value.

Eg (made up numbers btw)

Sgs ge value 5mil, player value 10mil

Dread fowl pouch cost to make 2gp, ge value 2k

As no-one buys or seels the pouches on ge they stay higher than they should as such the person selling sgs puts 5mil worth of them into the trade so that the buyer can pay 5mil extra for the sword

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Junk trading allows buyers to buy something for cheaper than what the GE states its value at. For example, someone could buy a Top Hat for 3m + junk. Meaning they are essentially paying 3m for something valued at 4.5m, but they need to cover the 1.5m with something so that it can be traded. This is done with junk. Partyhats, Top Hats, and a few other items are traded this way.

It also allows sellers to sell something for far greater than what the GE states its value at. This is done for items which are rarely traded on the GE because they are in fact so rare. These would be things like animal masks, canes, leaf bladed swords, and all 3rd age armor. The seller will add junk to their item, increasing the value at which it is to be traded.

Common junk items used in trades which have no realy value, but have a price on the grand exchange are onyx necklaces, summoning scrolls and pouches, unstrung bows, and gold jewelry.

Foooman.png

Alright, now my next question is, how do I successfully pull off a junk trade?

Very soon I will have a ton of strung, unenchanted amulets to get rid of. Can I make any kind of profit by getting rid of these in a junk trade, or break even at all? I will be buying them unstrung to get magic exp off for stringing.

magicfalcon9.png

Dragon Drops: 4 Skirts, 4 Meds (PKed one) , 2 Legs, 1 Chain (Dust Devils), 1 Lump, 1 Shard

your still don't seem to be getting it.

Junk trade in noway is based on trading junk.

Its based on trading rare items and cash, junk is jsut used to distort ge values.

Strung amulets may be useful for junk trading but they are of no use to you unless you have a rare item that people will pay over ge value for or you are buying an item that seels far below ge value and as such need junk.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you enchant them, people buy them for alching so your not that bad off.

If you have a desireable item, people are wiling to pay more than the market value. You can add "junk" items to level out the trade.

A good example is maple longbow (u), the market price is 144gp but a they are so overpriced it's hard to get someone to buy them.

In a junk trade, people offer to take your "junk" items off you aswell just to get the item they want....

Get it now?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

your still don't seem to be getting it.

Junk trade in noway is based on trading junk.

Its based on trading rare items and cash, junk is jsut used to distort ge values.

Strung amulets may be useful for junk trading but they are of no use to you unless you have a rare item that people will pay over ge value for or you are buying an item that seels far below ge value and as such need junk.

I do infact get it, I use a lower amount of cash than the GE stats and junk to cover the extra cost. Though, what makes people want to sell to me for cash and junk? Why wouldn't they want to find a buyer that will buy the "rare" item for just cash? I don't know of anyone that would settle for a lower amount of cash when there may be someone offering full GE value. I understand the other side of this where someone wants your rare for MORE then the GE states, so I would use junk to raise the overall price. What items (rares) are usually taking place in junk trades? Black masks and Top hats are crashing so those wouldn't be good anymore.

Enchanted and unenchanted amulets have the same alch price.

Thanks, you guys helped me a lot :)

magicfalcon9.png

I do infact get it, I use a lower amount of cash than the GE stats and junk to cover the extra cost. Though, what makes people want to sell to me for cash and junk? Why wouldn't they want to find a buyer that will buy the "rare" item for just cash? I don't know of anyone that would settle for a lower amount of cash when there may be someone offering full GE value. I understand the other side of this where someone wants your rare for MORE then the GE states, so I would use junk to raise the overall price. What items (rares) are usually taking place in junk trades? Black masks and Top hats are crashing so those wouldn't be good anymore.

Enchanted and unenchanted amulets have the same alch price.

Thanks, you guys helped me a lot :)

No, you're still a wee bit confuzzled, I think.

Let's say Bob wants a godsword. It's 30m in the Grand Exchange, but all the merchants feel it's not worth that little. They want 40m for it.

Bob posts on the forums "buying godsword." Ted PMs him saying he will sell it for 40m - that's 10m above the limit! How?

Junk!

Ted puts up the godsword in the trade window (value of 30m) and 10m worth of junk. His total selling value of 40m, because the junk raises the cost. Bob puts up 40m in cash, and the trade is complete.

What does Bob do with the junk, though? Well, some junk can be used for minimal experience, such as pouches (turn to scrolls), or unstrung bows (string them for experience). Junk can also be alched if it has a decent enough alch value. Other junk can be sold to players seeking junk, but this is rare. Bob can also keep the junk if he wishes to add value to an item he wants to sell later.

Say, he wants to re-sell his godsword for 40m. He would first find a buyer willing to pay 40m, so Bob could put up the godsword (30m) and the junk from the last trade (10m) to receive the 40m cash from the buyer.

So, in summary, junk is used by sellers to increase the price of the item they are selling far beyond both Grand Exchange prices and trade limits.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

let's say, zammy spear.

it was like 800k before, i buy them in GE all the time.

after I bought it, i sell for 1.5m

so in trade, I put up:

zammy spear (800k)

summon scrolls that worth 700K

the buyer puts up:

1500k cash

What's good for me?

I converted the scrolls into cash!

and the scrolls will never sell on GE.

editedsig1ci.gif

Lol, i'll make it more simpler.

(in my mind of course)

Here, do you like summoning?

Well, shards are 25 each at the store, and people sometimes buy too many and want to get rid of their shards. So, they sell to other people for 23 each. Now, you ask, how?! The trade price is 25 each, its not like they can change it. Heres how, since you want the shards, and you got so much junk that you don't need, you pay them in a mixture of money, and junk.

So, if you wanted 1000 shards.

You would get:

1000 shards

Seller would get:

2k worth of junk

I understand now, thanks guys :thumbsup:

magicfalcon9.png