New F2P Skill

Now, after telling you the name of this skill, you may think that it is a dumb idea, useless, and no point, but if you read the entire thing, u will understand the potential of this skill. The new skill is..(drum roll plz).......Entertainment!!!

To start the skill

There is a quest needed in order to start this skill. The name of this quest is called "The Entertainer". You must speak to a man named Spot Coplin, just outside the Lumbridge Church. He will tell you about how his career in organ playing for the churches have been going down. So he will ask you to learn. In order to do so, you must get a pair of leather gloves, and show him what you can do. So after getting the gloves, speak to him, and enter the church and play the organ. He will be upset about how terrible you play, and will teach you how to play, he will play a series of keys(they will be labled for easier memorizing), and you will have to memorize which keys he plays, and play them again. After doing this 3 times, he will be satisfied, and you will play. There will be a cutscene of you playing the organ in front of the people in the church. Spot will be proud and tell you about his friend Marcey Fussell, who has trouble remembering her dance routines. You must go to Varrock and help her remember her dance routines by watching what emotes she does, and you repeat them.There will be a cutscene of her dancing, and cheering.

After helping her, she will tell you about her friend Phil Bosly(in Falador), a comedian in training. He needs your help to become more funnier. He will tell you a series of jokes, and you get to decide which one is the funniest. He will then ask for some props for his act. Each player is required to get different props, he will tell you how to craft them.After that, you get to see a cutscene of him in action. And last but not least, a woman named Kate, an actress. She needs help on getting into the mood of her character. She will tell you some of her lines, and you have to tell her what mood she needs to be in(it is a multiple choice question).After helping her, you will see part of her show. After telling her about all of the other entertainers you helped, she will reward you with.......

Rewards

Access to the new "Entertainment" skill

1,000 gp

2 antique lamps which give 1k xp each

1,000 prayer exp

1,000 crafting exp

a book to learn about each faction of the Entertainment skill

1 quest point

Factions of the Skill

-Instrumentals

This faction of the skill is basically playing instruments for certain npc's. While wandering around and talking to some npc's, you may discover that they like a certain instrument, if you play that instrument for them, they will reward you with items such as money, runes, arrows,charms, etc.

-Dance

This faction of the skill is doing emotes in front of crowds. If you do a certain emote in front of a group of people, you will get exp, and increased chances of getting a random event that gives out good rewards.

-Comedy

This faction of the skill is very useful for quests or getting around. The faction can help npc's be nicer to you, pretty much like the ring of charos. It will help you buy items at cheaper prices, sometimes get free stuff from that npc.

-Acting

This faction of the skill is just good for keeping yourself and other people occupied without being bored. Also, with acting(like comedy), you can get npc's to be nicer to you and get them to lessen prices for items(like the ring of charos)

Use of the skill

This skill can be used to take away boredom, and to help you increase your levels in other skills. Such as playing the organ in poh gilded altars, while offering bones. Or dancing on allotments, etc to make them grow.

Also, this skill can help you get items to help you in training other skills such as money,runes, arrows, charms, seeds, planks, etc.

Training the Skill

-Instrumental

In training instrumental, you play certain instruments according to your Entertainment level. When you play that certain instrument well, you will get exp and certain rewards from npc's.

-Dance

In training dance, you do certain emotes for certain npc's. When you perform the correct emote, you will get exp and certain rewards from them.

-Comedy

In training comedy, you get exp by making npc's laugh, by telling them jokes or doing a funny emote in front of them. It doesn't give much exp being that many people do it all the time.

-Acting

In training acting, you will start out as an amateur actor, and as you speak while doing an appropriate emote, you will get exp. Being that this can be done all the time, it gives miniscule exp.

Items for Training this Skill

For entertainment, you may need some items which can be made from crafting or bought at shops. Some of these items include certain gloves and dyes for playing instruments, certain types of footwear such as boots, tap shoes, etc for dance, different props for comedy, such as stools, and other items which can be used in acts, and fancy clothing for acting and dance.

*Some instruments can include:organs,drums,violins,guitars,trumpets, tubas,flutes, clarinets, harps etc.

Sorta like a mini game

For entertainment, there will be certain stages set up all over runescape. They will be located in these places in order of level requirements to be used (lvl 1-beyond):Lumbridge Castle, Varrock Palace, Falador Party Room (new floor), Burthrope Games Room, Yanille (near mage guild), Clan Wars Arena, Bounty Hunter Arena, Karamja(Musa Point), Shilo Village, Demonic Ruins.

You need a certain level in order to use these stages, there will be designated worlds for this "mini game", even though this mini game is accessable from any world. Now, you must do certain emotes in front of people, not npc's, real ppl, other characters. The more people who come, the more exp you get, and sometimes even money rewards. Also, when you look at the picture of the emotes, you will see people wearing clothing doing the emotes, if you wear the same exact clothing as the person is in the picture, you get extra exp.

If you have any questions or ideas to improve this, please do. If you wish to support, then say so in your post, and your name will be written on the post.

List of Supporters

1.Beethovens29

2.Shooterbob7

3.She507

4.Mofakharul

5.Shooters345

6.Warriorz137

7.Chaosnomad2

8.Iamanoobyoyo

9.Mememe513

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Errors:

-Churches have organs, not pianos

Suggestions:

-Drum roll can be something you can do in the entertainment skill ::'

-Make a special type of glove? For instance, introduce white dye and use them with the gloves?

-Include letters on the keys to make it easier

-Marcey Fussell could be someone sleeping in the Varrock Church

-Name some props (time period appropiate)

-Make some new shops/stages/etc.

-Name some instruments (time period appropiate)

All in all though, I support!

mememe513.png

Errors:

-Churches have organs, not pianos

Suggestions:

-Drum roll can be something you can do in the entertainment skill ::'

-Make a special type of glove? For instance, introduce white dye and use them with the gloves?

-Include letters on the keys to make it easier

-Marcey Fussell could be someone sleeping in the Varrock Church

-Name some props (time period appropiate)

-Make some new shops/stages/etc.

-Name some instruments (time period appropiate)

All in all though, I support!

ty, i will try to write all of ur suggestions in the post asap. lol

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

one question, WHY

slayer allows us to kill monsters for great loot, construction allows us to build houses which serve our needs, farming allows us to farm our own stuff for herblore, woodcutting, firemaking, fletching, etc, hunter gives us lots of new equipment and weapons and summoning allows us to summon helpers for battle as well as helping us with skills.

What does this skill do? ooo i can play an organ, i've got 10 xp now..

oo i do a dance! another 10 xp!

only 130000 dances till 99!

first of all, you need it to consume something or it would just be another tedious clicking job.

Second of all, you need to give it tangible rewards, like new armour (just an example, i can't thing of any way entertainment would give you armour..)

and third of all it needs association with other skills, whether it be making pianoes with construction and harps with crafting, or doing a dance to give someone in your clanchat an attack boost of 5

and still, i think it is a horrible idea

Headshotcatcher.png

Tbh, F2P's don't even deserve to play.

People like you are th biggest [wagon] to ever exist in the face of the human race. You're greedy, and think you deserve everything just because you pay. Hate to tell you, but we pay too...Maybe not with $5.95 a month (Or whatever your currency may be), but with ads. Ads may not be a lot, but they can be detrimental to someone with a lower/older computer. Trust me, I had a ten year old Mac playing RS 'till a couple of weeks ago and got this new one, I KNOW what it's like to have a slow computer with ads. Uber LAG. Which is another thing, not everyone can afford membership either, and some may be lucky enough to have a old computer that was discounted, and play RS for fun...Why not, F2P is there. Sure, that may be an unreal scenario, but a more realistic one is a kid playing the game and can't become a member because their parents won't pay. And lastly, unless you payed for your membership from the beginning, you were F2P to, so stop disrespecting your roots. I feel bad for you if you are a person who immediately bought a membership because you wanted/needed more enjoyment from an expansion. So anyway, get out until you learn some respect.

On Topic: I don't think this skill would be...Anything great, honestly. Entertainment is one thing that we already have in RS: Killing monsters, Treasure Trails, and money making to keep us on our toes. Honestly, performing to get rewards from NPC's would be boring to me. I don't think Runescape honestly needs this skill, but it's well constructed anyway. Good Job, and I'll support anyway, just because it might have some sorta effect in RS...And who knows, it might be fun. :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Sounds weird...doing emotes, playing instruments...

Do we really need a skill like this?

I doubt it.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Tbh, F2P's don't even deserve to play.

TBH, children like yourself shouldn't be on the internet without parental guidance.

Anyway: Is this skill really necessary...or useful? Why make it f2p if they don't have any use for it?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png