How do I take screenshots?

Laura

I know it sounds like a simple question. Because on my desktop, I can just use Ctrl+Prt Scrn. But on my Windows Vista laptop, that simply doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Vista is rubbish tbh.

Do you want to do that?

Are you sure you want to do that?

I'm sticking to XP.

That was totally called for.

Do what sloter said.

You can turn UAC off :roll: .

If you don't do that your a fool. The UAC is so annoying. Without UAC it is almost like XP with a nicer GUI.

Yeah agreed. UAC is only there for the stupid people who like to "organize their windows folder".

Trouble is Vista really is rubbish. Total rubbish. Most places you buy PC's offer a free "downgrade" to XP.

Sadly the people I help with computer issues all have Vista and are not computer savvy so they leave the options on.

And whats with the run as administrator thing?

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Trouble is Vista really is rubbish. Total rubbish. Most places you buy PC's offer a free "downgrade" to XP.

Sadly the people I help with computer issues all have Vista and are not computer savvy so they leave the options on.

And whats with the run as administrator thing?

He was asking how to take screenshots are you still going to keep going off-topic on how bad vista is?

Start > all programs > accessories > snipping tool.

This may be just specific to HP/Compaq computers though not too sure. The snipping tool can be pinned to the task bar to save time.

I have an HP Entertainment, and still don't have that. But FN+Scrn worked. Thanks! Also, MS Paint is missing from my Start>Accessories, but when I go to User>Pictures>Picture001>Open With>Paint, the option works, and it's there. When I use search and advanced search it only comes up with Paint.Net, which I also have installed. How do I get MS Paint back to the folder, or even find it?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

This may be just specific to HP/Compaq computers though not too sure. The snipping tool can be pinned to the task bar to save time.

I have an HP Entertainment, and still don't have that. But FN+Scrn worked. Thanks! Also, MS Paint is missing from my Start>Accessories, but when I go to User>Pictures>Picture001>Open With>Paint, the option works, and it's there. When I use search and advanced search it only comes up with Paint.Net, which I also have installed. How do I get MS Paint back to the folder, or even find it?

To be honest, no idea. Vista is so different to XP behind the scenes that I'm afraid the info I would give is wrong.

However if it is Runescape screenshots you're after try using SwiftKit. Perfectly legal and has a handy screenshot function.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

idk, it might be in program files, but i looked for it and i couldn't find it in there. i say go with photoshop.

pizza_man_94.png

siggy3.jpg