Garry's Mod

Dizzle229

Hi guys, I kinda felt like I was hijacking the Halo 3 topic with this, so I decided to move it here. For those of you who don't know, Garry's Mod is a mod that sets you loose to wreak havoc with the Source engine. This includes Half-Life 2 and it's expansions and mods, Counter Strike Source, Team Fortress 2, Portal, and for some reason, something called Melon Racer. Oh, and as BlueJayFan94 pointed out in the Halo thread, IT HAS SWITCHES!!!!111!!!!!.one!!!11 Mayhem is always more fun when it's caused by pushing a button. Anyway, post good maps, ideas, downloads, fansites, anything related to Garry's Mod, post it here!

pancakes /random ending

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Get a zombie, change it's color, and turn the alpha down all the way. Invisible zombie!

EDIT: 777th post, lucky.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Halo 3 HAS switches, but you have to be a very good forger to make.

Garry's Mod AUTOMATICALLY comes with switches, and even a GMod noob like myself has made a really cool box that if you move, after you press the button, will die.

By pure coincidence, i downloaded G-mod today (v9) But i have no idea how it works or what to do.

Also, is it only version 10 which has the TF2 things in? Cause im a complete rookie at this.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

By pure coincidence, i downloaded G-mod today (v9) But i have no idea how it works or what to do.

Also, is it only version 10 which has the TF2 things in? Cause im a complete rookie at this.

Yes tf2 was done on the updated source engine.

Yes tf2 was done on the updated source engine.

OMG, you can Dload GMod, I never knew

• 4 weeks later...

i own gmod to :D but i'm quite the minge in it :thumbsup: i i have some building skills :D

what new players do in gmod(and a good song):

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Umm, I have a question about Gmod, since me and my friend are gonna get it i think,

Do you actually need CS: Source to install Gmod, or is any Source engine using game okay,

Like if I have Orange box, do i need anything else

VIX VIX VIX

Umm, I have a question about Gmod, since me and my friend are gonna get it i think,

Do you actually need CS: Source to install Gmod, or is any Source engine using game okay,

you don't "need" a game to run it. but alot of things you download on garrymod.org use cs source or episode 1-2 stuff ;)

99melee.jpg

you don't "need" a game to run it. but alot of things you download on garrymod.org use cs source or episode 1-2 stuff ;)

So that means... Orange box pretty much covers it? isn't it ep.1 2, tf2 and norm hl2?

VIX VIX VIX

I love this game. My favourite thing to do is make a car with sawblade wheels, but with turrets and more sawblades sticking out in every direction. Then I spawn a huge pack of zombies, fire the turrets and drive into the middle of them so that the blades and turrets dice the zombies to pieces :thumbsup:

jjroxlu7.jpg

I love this game. My favourite thing to do is make a car with sawblade wheels, but with turrets and more sawblades sticking out in every direction. Then I spawn a huge pack of zombies, fire the turrets and drive into the middle of them so that the blades and turrets dice the zombies to pieces :thumbsup:

I once made a super long thing, like a train, and on each car there was many turrets and junk, and on the last one I spawned a huge number of zombies... I was driving around with zombies in my train lol

I once made a super long thing, like a train, and on each car there was many turrets and junk, and on the last one I spawned a huge number of zombies... I was driving around with zombies in my train lol

If I did that, my computer would lag up and freeze :cry:

jjroxlu7.jpg

If I did that, my computer would lag up and freeze :cry:

Well, the good computers at our friendly old Matrix (Gaming Centre) didn't :D

So that means... Orange box pretty much covers it? isn't it ep.1 2, tf2 and norm hl2?

episode 2 used the "episode 2" engine and so do tf2. but episode 1 use the source engine ;)

99melee.jpg

episode 2 used the "episode 2" engine and so do tf2. but episode 1 use the source engine ;)

Pretty sure TF2 uses an Updated version of the source engine and can still be used with Garry's mod :)

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Pretty sure TF2 uses an Updated version of the source engine and can still be used with Garry's mod :)

Yup, it uses an updated version of the Steam engine. TF2 can be used in Garry's Mod

portal/counter-strike: source runes on the first source engine and so did garry's mod until the orange box came out. but now garry's mod runs on the tf2/episode2 engine.

99melee.jpg

Favourite thing to do i9n garrys mod, get a gun, get another object's code and input the codeinto the gun so you can get these guns which launch Bicycles or my favourite i saw was a machine gun with spewed out chainsaws and meat clevers...thats like the most awesome weapon to pull out on someone.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Favourite thing to do i9n garrys mod, get a gun, get another object's code and input the codeinto the gun so you can get these guns which launch Bicycles or my favourite i saw was a machine gun with spewed out chainsaws and meat clevers...thats like the most awesome weapon to pull out on someone.

Haha, that would be funny. Just pull out a pistol on one guy. He thinks "Aww, its just a pistol." You pull the triigger, chainsaws come out. Classic

Favorite thing to do i9n garrys mod, get a gun, get another object's code and input the code into the gun so you can get these guns which launch Bicycles or my favorite i saw was a machine gun with spewed out chainsaws and meat clevers...thats like the most awesome weapon to pull out on someone.

Haha, that would be funny. Just pull out a pistol on one guy. He thinks "Aww, its just a pistol." You pull the trigger, chainsaws come out. Classic

If you're going to make a chainsaw pop out of a weapon do it the way of pure awesomeness, make them rocket propelled.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.