Can't get high details to work? Well have a look here..

Leoo

This morning I had a problem getting the new High Detail to work. It said that I didn't have a high enough graphics card. Then I started to change different settings on my computer and I noticed that when I changed a few things, it worked!

I am going to tell you how I did it, but please do not get upset if it still does no work.

First, go to Start > Run

Type: Dxdiag

The DirectX Diagnostic Tool should now appear.

Now Click on the Display tab.

Look at the DirectX Features section near the bottem, to the left.

It should say:

DirectDraw Accelaration: Enabled

Direct3D Accelaration: Enabled

(Don't worry about the AGP Texture Accelartion).

If it is already enabled, and the high detail didn't work, then I am sorry to say that if you have to try something else. Make sure you have the other requirements, try to upgrade your graphics card/chip and drivers (links below) or you could try buy some new devices for your laptop/computer (a new graphic card...etc).

However, if it is disabled, continue...

Go to Desktop and right click Properties

Go to the Settings tab

Click on the Advanced then Troubleshoot

If your hardware accelaration is at the lowest, drag it all the way to the right.

Click Apply then Ok.

Go back to DirectX Features again, and make sure that are now enabled.

Try to start the high detail again, and it should work. If it is is very laggy, then you might want to try and change your graphic settings in the game (click on the computer icon on the options tab) and also try to upgrade your graphics card/chip and drivers.

Find out what your graphics card is (Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Adapter Tab). Click Properties again and hit the Driver tab. It should give you info on the graphics card. Once you've found that out try :

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx - for Nvidia cards

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html - for ATI cards

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ - for Intel chipsets

And download the latest driver for your graphics card.

(Thanks to ToxicDuck for the links)

Also try closing any other windows you have, and make sure you stay within the RS window.

You will still need the other requirements to play.

Hoped this has helped many of you.

Happy hi'scaping!

mine runs perfect but any tips to make it run as fast as possible?

Get the latest drivers.

To the OP: Sorry, but about the only time those settings will change is if the user changes them themselves, in which case they should know how to change it back. I would guess that very few people are having problems with high detail mode due to this. As for NVIDIA drivers, LaptopVideo2Go.com is far better then NVIDIA's site; it includes the latest drivers which frequently provide better performance. Don't say it's too complicated for the average user... you download the file, unzip it, add the inf, and run setup[Caution: Executable File]. The tutorial makes it obvious, and you don't have to worry about what graphics card you have. I'll edit this post later with more information if necessary.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Get the latest drivers.

To the OP: Sorry, but about the only time those settings will change is if the user changes them themselves, in which case they should know how to change it back. I would guess that very few people are having problems with high detail mode due to this. As for NVIDIA drivers, LaptopVideo2Go.com is far better then NVIDIA's site; it includes the latest drivers which frequently provide better performance. Don't say it's too complicated for the average user... you download the file, unzip it, add the inf, and run setup[Caution: Executable File]. The tutorial makes it obvious, and you don't have to worry about what graphics card you have. I'll edit this post later with more information if necessary.

Not uninstalling the old graphics drivers before installing new ones can cause problems with corrupt files down the road.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

you can't get a new graphics card for a laptop (easily), the only upgrades you can get are more ram and a larger hd.

(granted, you can crack the shell and replace it, but that voids the warrenty and is only for really tech-minded people)

nh.jpg

I can display everything in the game window on max with no lag, but the colours on the kind of brown in inventories, banks, duel screens etc look messed up like this:

messedupka2.png

messedupka2.f1f95f43d6.jpg

Im using 1024x768 resolution, which is right for me.

Im also using 32 bit colours, so its not that im only using 16 bit.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what I can do/ thanks.

mgssteelwarol7.png

Get the latest drivers.

Not uninstalling the old graphics drivers before installing new ones can cause problems with corrupt files down the road.

That's true for any driver; I was merely attempting to point out that laptopvideo2go.com's drivers almost as simple as regular ones. I believe the tutorial covers removing the old drivers.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Wow nice job... my things were enabled but i found out i had an ATI card and clicked the link for atis and gave em my exact card type and it gave me a patch or somthing to download, high detail and full screen work now woot! nice job!

dillingham1.png

Commissioner of the first Tip.it fantasy baseball league

I can display everything in the game window on max with no lag, but the colours on the kind of brown in inventories, banks, duel screens etc look messed up like this:

messedupka2.png

messedupka2.f1f95f43d6.jpg

Im using 1024x768 resolution, which is right for me.

Im also using 32 bit colours, so its not that im only using 16 bit.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what I can do/ thanks.

I downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card and this was fixed.

If anyone else has this problem get the latest drivers for your card.

mgssteelwarol7.png

*chuckle*

I play Galactic Civilizations II and for years they have been telling people with video problems to "UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS" and it fixes alot of issues..

but i am glad people are getting the bugs worked out

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

I don't know if this will help anyone but ill post it here anyway.

My brother was suffering from 'jittery effects' Runescape HD, he's got min spec GFX but runs the game fine in full screen. He was averaging 11Fps with all details set to high (except AA as that is not supported on his card/chip). He wanted the best graphics possible but for it to be less 'Jittery'.

I conducted a little experiment to see what details affected the most, from safe mode I found that his average was 20 FPS. (in 1024x760 res full screen) (64mb intergrated Intel Chipset 910GL, 3.06Ghz, 1.5GB RAM) :roll:

I tested each setting separately to see how many fps was lost. Note I did this in a quite location, in busy areas the loss will increase.

Ground Decoration 3 FPS LOSS.

Texture Detail 0 FPS LOSS.

Idle Animation 0 FPS LOSS.

Character Shadows 0 FPS LOSS.

Lighting 2 FPS LOSS.

Scenery Shadows 1 FPS LOSS.

Water Detail 1 FPS LOSS.

Fog 0 FPS LOSS.

Removing the above that lost a frame or more (apart from scenery shadows set to static) I managed to get it up to 17/18 fps

although the graphics where lower, the 7 fps really made a difference.

also the brightness setting can lose a frame or so if its on low. (in my test)

having Roofs set to selective rather than always will save about 2 FPS. (in my test)

Doing a few other things below speed up the game a little bit.

If you use firefox, create a profile with no add-ons ect, this will help lower the ram used and any conflictions. (google it if unsure what this is).

Set the process of your browser playing the game to high (can be found in Task Manager under process tab).

He is much happier now. :pray:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

This is a really simple tip - only applies to laptops. I managed to get HD working fine on my laptop yesterday, (after updating my graphics drivers twice!) I tried to log in today and it wouldnt let me in! Turns out I was running on battery today, whereas yesterday I was plugged into the mains. Obviously my laptop is only barely good enough for HD, and even the slightest change stops me! More of a story that advice - just remember all u fellow laptopers, your settings may change from battery to mains!

The faq that Jagex provides acuratly describes the level of strain put on the system by each feture. After anti-aliasing, water is actualy to most stresful (if there is water around to render of course). I think grouns details were after water and for most places actualy have a larger impact since ground details are everywhere and water is not.

With these specs I am able to run EVERYTHING at maximum AND 4x anti-aliasing at 1280x800 resolution fulscreen with no problems. Note that the anti-aliasing only produced a notable impact when I was looking for it, and now that I have seen the game through 4x AA, I can NEVER go back, its that much better.

Proccesor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66 Hz (2 CPUs), ~1.7 GHz

Memory: 2046 MB (2 GB) RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

GPU: (NVIDIA) GeForce 8400M GS (GS is the mid range card for this model)

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Approx. Total Memory: 880 MB (The card is 200 something. It seems to have claimed part of my RAM for itself as augmentation)

Current Display Mode: 1280x800 (32-bit)(60Hz)

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled

Direct 3D Acceleration: Enabled

AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

It runs Windows Vista Home Premium (with absolutly NO PROBLEMS). It is an HP computer <3:

*Note that the graphics card is actualy not designed for gaming. It was intended primarily for HD movies playback. Like typical HP, it is a media machine, but still able to hold its own in any medium range game. I give these only to give people an idea what sort of specs will work flawlessly in windows vista (dont forget how much RAM and GPU power are needed just to make Vista idel.