Offical NDS thread.

Nadril

I need to buy another DS, my L button is broken beyond repair, so I need a new one.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might get one, I'll probably buy it if I have enough money left when I sell my Xbox 360 (Going to upgrade my computer).

How long would it take for the R4 to ship (If you remember) and do you know a "Legit" site for one?

igsig.png

I prefer my original DS, but I do like the better backlight and colors on the DS Lite. I dislike the large stylus on the DS Lite though.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Might get one, I'll probably buy it if I have enough money left when I sell my Xbox 360 (Going to upgrade my computer).

How long would it take for the R4 to ship (If you remember) and do you know a "Legit" site for one?

I think it took a couple of weeks for my R4 to ship, forgot where I got it from.

This might not be the right place, but I'm debating between a PSP and a DS Lite.

I'm leaning towards the PSP, because my sister already lets me use her DS Lite a lot, but I really don't know if I'd like the PSP that much. I've got FF 3 for the DS, and I play GBA games pretty frequently on it. Any thoughts?

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

If your sister already let you play a lot on her DS I suggest getting a PSP

Pros:

N64 emulation

Atari Emulation

PSX emulation

GBA/GB/GBC emulation

Snes/nes emulation

A lot more emulators out there.

(A lot more)

Homebrew (Better than DS :D)

Theme customization

Download "legal" copies of your games *cough*

Movies

Music

Internet

Go!messenger

Great graphics

Play on a monitor

A lot more.

Cons:

Lower battery time (About 6 hours on slim & lite)

The library of games is a bit worse than the DS (Still good)

Tricky to "unlock" compared to the DS

Risk of "bricking"

And yes AD-hoc works over the internet using a special program (Via router).

Really fair PSP vs. DS overveiw

(Serious).
igsig.png

Good point. I'll probably go for the PSP, mainly for Crisis Core, God of War, and some other games like Locoroco. Oh, and Emulators. It'll be awesome if I can get something like Banjo Kazooie to work on the PSP.

Thanks everyone :)

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

I <3 my R4. I guess I'll make a list of what's on it then!

DS Games (37 Total)

Bomberman

New Super Mario Bros.

Ninja Gaiden - Dragon Sword

Sonic Rush

Super Mario 64

WarioWare Touched!

Wario - Master of Disguise

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney

Drawn to Life

Pheonix Wright - Ace Attorney

Star Fox Command

Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Elite Beat Agents

Guitar Hero: On Tour

Guitar Hero: On Tour (Hacked to play with no Guitar Grip)

LOL (Yes, there is a real game called LOL!)

Mario Party DS

Brain Age 2 - More Training in Minutes a Day

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Tetris DS

Mario Kart DS

Indianapolis 500 Legends

Burnout Legends

Need for Speed Carbon Own the City

Pokemon Pearl

The World Ends with You

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

GoldenEye - Rogue Agent

Cooking Mama

Cooking Mama 2 - Dinner with Friends

My Sims

Backyard Baseball 2009

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

Top Spin 3

Advance Wars Dual Strike

Worms Open Warfare 2

Homebrew

DSAim

DSLinux

DSOrganize

NDSMail

nesDS

PointyRemote

NES Games (7 Total)

Battletoads

Kid Icarus

Megaman 2

Metroid

Super Mario Bros. 3

Tetris

Yoshi's Cookie

The reason my games aren't in alphabetical order is because I have them separated into different folders on my R4 by category. I haven't actually gotten any of my homebrew to work properly aside from nesDS and DSOrganise either :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if you know about this Nadril, but you can download .SAV files and use them as your own. It's really fun because you can download .SAV files that have everything completely done, like on Super Mario 64 DS I have a .SAV file with 150 stars \' I get mine from gamefaqs.com then convert them from .duc (or whatever file type it is) to .SAV on this site.

Only "Noobs" download 100% save files.

Meh titles like Pokemon, Star fox, the world ends with you and advance wars makes me want a DS even more.

Thinking of getting this one for 100ish pounds/200 USD:

nds_ndsHWblack.jpg

igsig.png

Only "Noobs" download 100% save files.

Meh titles like Pokemon, Star fox, the world ends with you and advance wars makes me want a DS even more.

I don't download 100% files then go show off, I download 100% save files just so I can try everything in the game, usually it's after I've played that game a lot and basically was done with it. Like for example, I beat The World Ends with You and got loads of extras and made my account really good, then my friend goes and deletes it, and since I already completely beat it once and didn't feel like doing it again I just downloaded the 100% save.

I don't like the new Pokemon games because of all the new Pokemon and items. If you're going to get a Pokemon game I'd suggest the original Red or Blue versions for GBC. Star Fox is a great game, it's really fun and has a nice campaign, TWEWY is insane, and Advance Wars is fun even if you suck (like me!). So I would get a DS no doubt, and if the Lite is too expensive then just get a used Phat DS (make sure the touch screen works properly), Phats are just as good as Lites.

Note the tiny bit of sarcasm in my previous post, downloading a save file when it's accidentally deleted is a whole different thing though.

I agree with the Pokemon part, the amount of pokemons was perfect in Blue,red,green and yellow. adding the double (About) in Sapphire and Ruby worked, the games were still fun, fire red and leaf green were good remakes of blue/red etc. I'm only getting the newer pokemon games because my brother plays them, we're very competitive and always fight through games, yu-gi-oh on the PSP etc, Fighting games, FPS etc.

I think I'll go with a lite one even if it's not as cheap as the older one, I'm not much of a fan of larger things, also heard via nadril that the backlight is better And I want to be "tease" my brother as he have the fat one.

igsig.png

Meh I liked red more, Misigno (S?) screwing up my gamesaves ftw. Can you really hard-emulate GBC/GB games with those kind of flash cards? Thought it only worked with GBA games. Probably getting a R4 and a similar thing for my slot-2 \'.

igsig.png

Meh I liked red more, Misigno (S?) screwing up my gamesaves ftw. Can you really hard-emulate GBC/GB games with those kind of flash cards? Thought it only worked with GBA games. Probably getting a R4 and a similar thing for my slot-2 \'.

Yes, you can emulate GBC games on a slot-2 flash cartridge. You just need Goomba Color. You can emulate original Game Boy games on an R4, but those aren't any fun.

On the topic of GBA games, if you have an R4 cart (maybe others too) you can get the EZ Flash 3-in-1 for your GBA needs. Pretty much you load it from the SLot 1 onto the EZ Flash (slot 2) and can play.

My DS just came back from Nintendo, it appears that they've replaced it. :)

Some DS related websites regularly visit:

News

Written:

http://www.dsfanboy.com

Podcasts:

http://www.dualscreenradio.com My personal favorite DS oriented site and podcast, these guys really know what they're talking about. :thumbup:

http://www.ds.vgpodcasts.com Another great DS podcast.

Homebrew scene and forums

Reviews on all flashcarts, game releases.

http://www.ds-scene.net

http://www.gbatemp.net

Wi-fi Gaming

http://wifi.dualscreenradio.com/

[hide=]The Dual Screen Radio Wi-Fi Uplink web site is a dedicate web application designed for the SOLE purpose of getting people together on the Nintendo Wi-Fi service to play online together. The much flamed "friend code" system makes it very difficult to get people - even friends - together to play.

Our web-based application (or webapp) looks to solve that problem by performing a few tasks that people do every day when trying to play online with their DS;

1. Store friend codes for all the games you own

2. Allow you to easily send those friend codes to others or share them on your own site

3. Quickly see who has added your friend code to a game

4. Quickly see who YOU have added to your games

5. Have automated notices sent to people you add - and get notices when people add you

6. Find NEW friends :)

7. Proctor and participate in online tournaments (coming soon)

As for why you should use our system instead of some other site ...

1. The Wi-Fi Uplink site is built around the ever-evolving Dual Screen Radio database which encapsulates hundreds of games and information. Our editors work long and hard to be sure our data is up to the minute.

2. Our friend code system has been developed from the ground up with custom programming. We didn't take an existing CMS and hack it into a system that "kinda works"; a "forum with codes in it". This is a dedicated webapp, built and maintained by professionals which means we can add features and extend the system easily.

3. We believe in cross-browser, compatible code. You won't be asked to install any software, violate your browser's security or be dictated what browser to use on our site.

Don't take our word for it. Look around, try out the others. You'll find out why we're the best :)[/hide]

What are you guys playing ATM?

On my R4 I have...

Some mp3's

DSOrganize (gread PDA software for the DS)

Mario Kart DS (All time favorite DS game)

Animal Crossing: Wild World (I'm hooked on this game)

Metroid Prime Hunters (Great FPS)

Brain Age 1 (lol)

New Super Mario Bros. (Kick butt game)

Hotel Dusk - Room 215 (Point and click adventure, very slow paced but I like it)

Fifa 08 (Wi-fi owns)

Legend of Zelda PH (Going through this one atm)

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin (Turn based stratego goodness)

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney (OBJECTION!)

Beup MSN (msn for the ds)

Call of Duty 4 (Already completed, going through this again)

Diddy Kong Racing (Kinda plain)

Electroplankton (gotta love this one)

Elite Beat Agents (great rhythm game)

Some Gameboy games (Lameboy for the win)

Geometry Wars - Galaxies (1 word = awesome)

Nanostray 2 (Shoot em up goodness)

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (Great game)

Professor Layton and the Curious Village (neat little puzzler)

Rub Rabbits (don't ask)

Speed Racing (suprisingly good)

Sprung (don't ask)

Super Princess Peach (...)

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (skateboarding heaven)

rickastleywh7.png

Newest edition to my NDS, 800 SNES roms :)

sneslolcw4.png

Does anyone know of any 4GB MicroSD (non SDHC) cards that work with an R4DS? I want to get one but not sure which work.

See, I thought I read that there were a few 4GB non SDHC cards out there, maybe I'm wrong. :P

edit: [bleep]ing sweet, playing mario Paint using the touch screen. :thumbsup: