Jagex Idiots? Where is the freaking "I am muted" button?

Guest mauranius

Okey so I got muted (Again) Today, no big deal I thought I could inform all my friends I got muted while using quickchat (one of the things quickchat was meant to be for as well).

As I am browsing through the options I can find NOWHERE the freaking option that says: I am muted.

And what if people ask me things now in the runescape world, it is true I can answer some of their questions to a basic level but I would like to make clear I am muted so I won't get reported for macroing ending up with more blackmarks and a permanent ban....

The bad part is that I was just preparing to invite everyone to come to my 99 fish party tomorrow and now I just .... Can't.... And I can't tell people that I am muted with one quick button.

Why oh why Jagex do you hate me so much? As a matter of fact I didn't do anything wrong (this time).... Reporting scammers in air altar has left me with a 1 day mute and some blackmarks, yey we are happy again... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Sometimes I just think about fly over to their main station and throw a brick through the window (Be glad I haven't done it yet, if I hit the login server you will all look like this --> :o )

BWEH! That's just something that had to come off my chest, burn me all you like, I just said what I wanted to say and that's it :)

Mauranius

Well... everyone is welcome :)

But ehhm I think I have to settle this on MSN with some good friends of mine :) they might tell others where to go to :)

*sigh* I just want a freaking I AM MUTED button in the quickchat, not that hard -.-'

Ehh, I know how you feel. I like to mine mithril in the Dwarven mines and I do give it away. I mine on the QC only servers since it' s less populated and saying "Wait a while" to a beggar is impossible.

Maybe you could try using the Where can I get more of this item: I' m muted, so yeah.

Off topic: may I join the party? If so, is it today?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

On topic: hehe yeh we need to think of some new strategies to communicate as mutes or in QC worlds....

Off Topic: Click the picture in my signature for my blog, but since others might want to see it here it is one time only totally off the record *feels admin or mod boot hanging behind his behind*

[hide=off topic and off the record]Tuesday 08-07-08, Time 22:00 GMT+1 (slovenia is maybe 1 hour later, I am not sure)

World 15, barbie village (aka barbarian village)[/hide]

that is why u have these forums ;)

conclusion: dont get muted again. besides how long is the mute? is it perm? of it isnt it isnt so bad.

there is really nothing jagex could do. u broke the rules and they happened to mute u. wat could they really do? they wont give u special treatment. the quick button isnt even supposed to be there.

They're hardly idiots in this sense, although QuickChat is a tad pathetic.

1) Don't get muted, maybe you were joking, perhaps you should've set a limit.

2) Unfair mute? You obviously did something to arouse suspicion.

Now, sorry about that, on topic.

My friends have been muted, that's where the wonder of IRC and your own forums come in.

It's not hard to create a free forum or an irc channel, everything is free!

I'm sorry for your mute, but really, there's tonnes of way around an ingame mute.

And yes, I agree, quickchat is a fail.

PS, I doubt you'll get blackmarks for "autoing" when you're not. ;)

Congrats on 99 fishing.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I agree that it would be insanely easy for JAGeX to add this line to thequickchat and makes 100% sense. I guess that they will eventually because it is so bleeding obvious.

I am intrigued though that you appear to be saying you got black marked for reporting liars in air altar because this would be even more stupid from JAGeX. Is this true?

Okey so I got muted (Again) Today, no big deal I thought I could inform all my friends I got muted while using quickchat (one of the things quickchat was meant to be for as well).

As I am browsing through the options I can find NOWHERE the freaking option that says: I am muted.

And what if people ask me things now in the runescape world, it is true I can answer some of their questions to a basic level but I would like to make clear I am muted so I won't get reported for macroing ending up with more blackmarks and a permanent ban....

The bad part is that I was just preparing to invite everyone to come to my 99 fish party tomorrow and now I just .... Can't.... And I can't tell people that I am muted with one quick button.

Why oh why Jagex do you hate me so much? As a matter of fact I didn't do anything wrong (this time).... Reporting scammers in air altar has left me with a 1 day mute and some blackmarks, yey we are happy again... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Sometimes I just think about fly over to their main station and throw a brick through the window (Be glad I haven't done it yet, if I hit the login server you will all look like this --> :o )

BWEH! That's just something that had to come off my chest, burn me all you like, I just said what I wanted to say and that's it :)

Mauranius

plenty of other means of contacting. altho sorta hard since its "against the rules" to asking for someones aim/msn or even mention mIRC. but if you have someones contact info. Just give them a list of names from ur friends list and have them contact them to come =]

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

Yeah, I've been muted twice in the last month and it's EXTREMELY annoying. What I do is change my clan chat name to "Im muted" and tell everyone in you chat to join your clan (Enter->Clans->Queries->Would you like to join my clan? I think it is)

If they don't look at your clan name #-o you could just multilog onto another character onto a different world, join the chat and tell them that you're muted :thumbsup:

The_Maddest.png

If they don't look at your clan name #-o you could just multilog onto another character onto a different world, join the chat and tell them that you're muted :thumbsup:
So you could risk getting banned just to tell someone that you're muted? Last I remember, multi-logging was still against the rules.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Yeh logging in on another account (not simultaniously) would help, still not everyone could be in a clanchat you like to talk to.... It's one simple line...

About the clan chat name, that is now what I use :) works fine.

And as I can't really say what was inside the message from Jagex (aka no screenies) I can tell it was a very unexpected mute for rule 10. At first I thought it was due to the fact that I report scammers in the air altar whenever I see them (results in 2-3 reports a day), but then I checked the evidence and I said there: Stupid Jagex. Apparently this is offensive to some J-mod nerdo and he gives me a mute :shock: . Usually I live to most of all the rules, and in fact 3/5 times Jagex was actually wrong in giving me a mute (2 of those appeals succeeded, the other one was this one). But ah well I am still in the green zone. It just surprises me there is no freaking "I am muted" button...

yeah, this has been one of my only quick chat complaints since it came out.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

So you could risk getting banned just to tell someone that you're muted? Last I remember, multi-logging was still against the rules.
I know many people who multi-log and they don't get black marks for it. If it doesn't lag up your computer too much, just get all your friends into your clan chat and talk even though you've been muted \'
The_Maddest.png

Direct quote from rule 2:

Lying for your own personal gain is considered scamming.

Although it is true they might get more airs than runners might made themselves, and it is still worth some money, they are mostly let out of about 100 airs per rune, thus 1.5k

Although maybe it should be filed by "XP scamming", you can also see it as scamming of 1.5k.

Furthermore for the people that are also assisting, but truely give x8 of x9 (77 rc+) it has been a great effort to reach this level. And now the only good F2p rc xp can be find in assists. It is not fair to them to take runners away from them while you are not even worth it...

Other people say that runners should look into the highscores, which is true, but by that we make it clear we can not trust people anymore in runescape.

Since Jagex has not yet made an official statement on this, I think that everyone of u should report these scammers for rule 2, just until they made this official statement. That will teach those people to take advantage of the believe in good inside the runescape players.

There are many problems with these new updates (qc included), I'm sure they would make it better in the (maybe not so near) future...

But the bright side of this is: congratz on 99 fishing in f2p! ::'

Staurolite.png