Armor and Weapon prices are going to crash

joker202

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can an economy "crash" in an imaginary game anyway? It's not like our characters are going to starve, or go homeless because of it. The economy may change, and prices will go down, but we will adapt to it if it does happen.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

I'm wondering if it'll be like the assist tab.

I always have that set to off, so i'm fine from people asking for that.

Hopefully item lending will be the same.

Edit:

Lol forgot to mention prices.

I doubt they'll drop, as people have said: "nothing beats your own stuff."

A symbol or something stating that they've borrowed the item would further diminish people borrowing items to look good aswell.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I really cannot see this feature being used much at all. I lose my connection approx once per hour and get logged out.

What would happen to my mate who was fighting a dragon with my borrowed sgs or whatever? I guess he would be left with trying to kick it to death.

(Please excuse the errors in my example as I am pure f2p and know not alot about swords and dragons).

Crash? No Beggars? Oh yes

I hope someone nice will lend me some shrimps =P~ .

I'll give them back afterwards of course :roll: .

Nah I don't think the prices will crash(unless some guy will say it does and make a thread about it on the rs forums, then everyone will sell and nobody will buy and it will be like the start of the grand exchange.

maybe some people won't buy SGS/AGS or such anymore because their friend has one or more.

people also have multiply weapons mostly, for example for training strenght or attack with a SS or whip respectively.

such players could lend one of their weapons so another one doesn't have to invest his money in it, which will conclude in lowering weapon prices

as you can only lend 1 item a time I think armor won't be lend out allot, maybe DFSs or showing off parts.

But only the high-price weapons (and maybe some armor pieces) will drop.

altough thats my view on it.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

the real question is what's the first thing im gunna beg zezima for

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

prices will stay the same, what it will do though, is to breed an new race of beggers to the fabulous world called RuneScape(HD).

I'd probably agree with this more than anything else that's been posted so far.

This might make rares crash. It's gonna be close to impossible to wear phats when everywhere you go, people annoy you by asking to borrow it. *rolls eyes* Especially in f2p.

I kinda disagree, I think rares might rise because of this, surley people will lend them out and people will think i want my own then work and get one, or is that me just being hopeful?

^ i dont think so,they ll see how pointless they are :lol:

They're a hat.

You wear a hat on your head.

A partyhat goes on your head.

Therefore it serves a point, it's point.

Just not a 144million gold's worth of points.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

all those higher priced goodies will drop a bit, but nothing dramatic :D people will think: why buy when i can borrow off a friend. i really dont think things like whips that everyone has will drop. maybe anything wearable over 10mil will drop in price.

but im looking forward to item lending and i hope my friend lets me borrow his gs so i can own with it in cw 8-)

Money_Wasted.png

all those higher priced goodies will drop a bit, but nothing dramatic :D people will think: why buy when i can borrow off a friend. i really dont think things like whips that everyone has will drop. maybe anything wearable over 10mil will drop in price.

but im looking forward to item lending and i hope my friend lets me borrow his gs so i can own with it in cw 8-)

I think they'll stop Armour/Weapons that are being "borrowed" to work in any PvP areas otherwise people will just 1 item with a friends AGS in BH because you can't "drop" or "lose" a borrowed item at all no matter what.

Using 'discuss this', 'discuss' or 'please discuss' is getting to be a very annoying way to start a post that already implies some sort of discussion by reading the main body. :thumbdown:

I think as well that itemshare will help to lower the price of Godswords and Partyhats faster then they were going before. Crash, I doubt it.

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

I hope they make it so you can't even world hop with lent items. That should stop the amount of people borrowing them.

Either that or make it a long period of time the item is lent for, that would stop people lending their item out.

What would happen if someone wanted their item back and the other person was in the middle of a GWD trip or something =/

I wonder if there will have to be items put up in its place to a certain value of the item?

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I think they'll stop Armour/Weapons that are being "borrowed" to work in any PvP areas otherwise people will just 1 item with a friends AGS in BH because you can't "drop" or "lose" a borrowed item at all no matter what.

It's been said repeated times that you won't be allowed to bring borrowed items into BH. I see no reason why you won't be allowed to bring it into safe PvP games though.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

This could go either way. Before i had a god sword my thoughts were ya it'd be nice but....ya. Now that ive used one and own one i couldnt imagine not using one lol. So by allow your friends to test it out they may be way more motivated to work to get one. Just another look on the subject.

Gangstrmage.png

prices will stay the same, what it will do though, is to breed an new race of beggers to the fabulous world called RuneScape(HD).

Noob1: Can i borrow your santa?

me: No

Noob2: Can i borrow your santa?

Noob3: Can i borrow your santa?

Noob4: Can i borrow your santa?

Noob5: Can i borrow your santa?

Friend1: Can i borro your santa?

me: *logs*

sig4.png

OH NOEZ!

more beggers, ah crap, we only just got rid of em....

*Grabs shotgun*

though on a more serious note, i am worried how this will affect monster hunting, kinda kill the risk of taking expensive weapons in wont it?

2Xeo5.png

Exactly, Jagex finally punched a massive hole into the world of noobyness (autoing, RWTing, begging) and now they are going to make it all worse again.

Leave it to Jagex to help who they were just trying to kill... -.-

Pasty.png

I doubt that there are going to be a lot of beggers

Why? because item lending exists before the trade limit has being added.

Do you see beggers everywhere begging for your rares? No because they understand nobody is going to lend it to them.

So if assuming the beggers still have this knowledge, they would not beg now even if the lending system comes out.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I doubt that there are going to be a lot of beggers

Why? because item lending exists before the trade limit has being added.

Do you see beggers everywhere begging for your rares? No because they understand nobody is going to lend it to them.

So if assuming the beggers still have this knowledge, they would not beg now even if the lending system comes out.

That post really contridicted itself in every possible way.

They didn't ask before because they could run-off with your items, prior to the trade limit.

They didn't ask before because you couldn't trade them due to the trade limit.

They will ask now because they can't run off with it and so you can trust anyone with your item.