Clue Scroll locations?

ajk822

Now, I'm pretty sure it has been like this since clue scrolls came out, but I just got a location for a clue scroll that I currently don't have access because of not having done swan song quest yet. For slayer, any master will not assign you a monster you don't have access to, for example Cave Horrors.

Now I'm just wondering if Jagex made this intentional, possibly to force people to do quests(worked with me, finished Creature of Frenkenstein and Garden of Tranquility), or have they just not heard enough complaints from players about this.

Personally I don't think it's a terrible thing, but just very annoying.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Yes, this should be intentional. Though could've been a coincidence as well. In order to diversify the clue scroll locations they have to take advantage of as many places as possible.

It was annoying for me too when I did a level 3 clue scroll before and after having done the first 3 or 4 objectives I had to fail the last because it was a place that required lots of quests (the southern area on this island).

probably to do with codes.

Talk to slayer master. Request Task.

The code would then be if stat x is lower than y eliminate number z from list

Random number is then generated whihc relates to a task.

With clue scrolls on drop they check if you already have one but then all they do is randomly generate a clue. As an item it does not have the same coding of an npc and as such cannot perform the complex function of stat checking. Mainly because the item "clue scroll" is a universl item when you open it generates the actual clue. In theory they culd implement the checks but it'd be complicated and unrealistic.

A slayer master is talking to you and as such knows what you can and cant do and assigns accordingly

A peice of paper has no consciouness and as such does not react to your stats etc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I remember having to start Roving Elves quest for my first clue scroll, plus getting myself 53 (+3 with pot) agility to get through the forests. So, yes, I do think they did that intentionally, by the way, my first clue is about 3 years back ::'

dragon drops: 2h, Med (x4), spear (x3), legs (x3), skirt, left half

barrow drops: 45+ GWD drops: 1x steam, 1x bandos plate, 1x tasset, 4x shard

proud owner of the Quest Cape since March 28th 2008 - [554/555 songs unlocked]

99 cooking on April 5th 2008

99 magic on June 29th 2008

Dog to 100% (full grown) at 2nd day of Summoning! :)

probably to do with codes.

Talk to slayer master. Request Task.

The code would then be if stat x is lower than y eliminate number z from list

Random number is then generated whihc relates to a task.

With clue scrolls on drop they check if you already have one but then all they do is randomly generate a clue. As an item it does not have the same coding of an npc and as such cannot perform the complex function of stat checking. Mainly because the item "clue scroll" is a universl item when you open it generates the actual clue. In theory they culd implement the checks but it'd be complicated and unrealistic.

A slayer master is talking to you and as such knows what you can and cant do and assigns accordingly

A peice of paper has no consciouness and as such does not react to your stats etc

Anything could be done. Its easy for it to get a list of clues and have it check a variable for each random next clue to eliminate it, but, thats alot of code, and, like you said, unpractical.

I do quests for clues or slayer, the only times I havnt is one cave horror task (before smoking kills so burthorp didnt matter) because I didnt do the huge quest string. And the other was a few cluescrolls with coords in the elven area, mainly because I didnt do regicide and I was camping at clue droppers anywy.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Slayer tasks and clue scrolls are just not the same kind of thing. The whole point slayer masters don't give you, like dark beasts, is that you gotta have the level the kill them otherwise no point in the whole thing lol Anyway, that's how the game works, you need quests to do scrolls.

2480+ total

Doesn't add to the discussion, but I finally finished the clue and the rewards made up for the time :)

clueqp5.th.png

ajk822.png

Doesn't add to the discussion, but I finally finished the clue and the rewards made up for the time :)

[hide=]clueqp5.th.png[/hide]

i've seen you post that same reward in 3 different threads now (correct me if i'm wrong.) and do mind, any posts that doesn't contribute to the thread is spam.

BOT: quest requirements for clues are necessary as much as risk. simply put, clue rewards can range from 10k to over 50m+. having lvl 30s getting such a possible reward shouldn't be necessary. lvl 3 clues are intended for higher lvls that finished a lot of quests and earned the appropriate stats.

I along with a couple people who already posted, just think they did it on purpose. You could possibly get millions by doing these rewards, having to work a few skills or quests to get access to certain places doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. But complying to lessar characters because they don't have access to higher things, but could still get the same rewards sounds like complete garbage to me.

Something Jagex did RIGHT. Mark it down.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Well, replying to abyssal, it's only on this and the sticky, so you were incorrect. I really didn't feel that adding the picture was spam, but anyway.

I think it's interesting that most responses have been towards this being intentional and it actually being a good thing. I realize that this does keep lower levels from receiving large rewards, but I thought this was also taken care of by the different levels of rewards.

ajk822.png