Tutorial Island

What i was thinkin they should do, to give the new people a better understading of the game, is to have people (real people) on the island and give some info to new people. (this is what i think they do on guild wars)

What i was thinkin they should do, to give the new people a better understading of the game, is to have people (real people) on the island and give some info to new people. (this is what i think they do on guild wars)

I'd absolutely hate to have that job.

No one would do it. It would extremely tedious.

No one would do it. It would extremely tedious.

aww i dunno, they give you free stuff like broze long and wooden sheild and nets and other junk (well, last time i went there they did, but that was back in rsc). if they make it optional they should atleast mention that you get free stuff by going thru tutorial island, whereas without the tutorial start you get nothing.

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

they should make an option to do tutorial island or not to...

No...they shouldn't. Do you realize the amount of even MORE idiotic idiots that would pile into Lumbridge everyday? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

But what I think they need is a way to train your mage to 3 on Tutorial Island. I mean, come on...they give you a sword and a shield and say "go melee those rats!!!" Then they give you a bow and some arrows and say "Go range those rats!!!" Then they give you like 5 air runes and 5 minds and say "Oh...yeah...see those chickens over there? You can attack them if you want...you probably won't kill even one...and you most surely won't get a mage level here...but go wild..."

You should be able to go get more runes from the wizard in order to get mage up to 3...I mean...how is that fair? Range and melee get up to 3 but mage doesn't even get up to 2?

Also...they NEED to teach people how to craft. It's not the most unused free player skill because it's useless...it's the most unused free player skill because barely any free players know how or where to start training it. :roll:

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Maybe if you could prove you have another account, or if you serve time helping others with tutorial island, when you make a new account you don't have to go through it.

I don't think jagex wants player interaction, they won't even let you talk until after, and they give that speech about talking nice.

idiot911.png

Proud member of 'the' clan for 5 years.

Join 'the' clan today

Maybe if you could prove you have another account, or if you serve time helping others with tutorial island, when you make a new account you don't have to go through it.

yea i would like that... no1 likes my idea of havin like mods on tutorial island.....

(hehe have a ship that sails over there so regular people can talk to the noobs :lol: )

it would be nice for a few older/more experanced player to help out the noobs on there, player to player.

But i dont know how the new 'player guides' that jagax was talking about in the news will work though, that should really be enough, tutoral island doesnt seem to give enough info anyway.. just tells u how to click things really, i still get really basic questions like 'how do i become a mage/warror etc' and also the annoying beggeing which i think should be detured when i player starts off.

i think they should just have the guides they have just added.. and the players that are wiling to help out.

(hehe have a ship that sails over there so regular people can talk to the noobs :lol: )

yea, and scare them all away most likely

I think having a live person there a couple hours a week wouldnt hurt, and maybe an option to go inot a more advanced explanation of the game mechanics

ShadowSam19.png

i think they should have a members bit to show u the members skill but only allowing u to get 10exp and the stuff that u make on the island will dissapear when u get to lumby aswell as the exp

they should make an option to do tutorial island or not to...

No...they shouldn't. Do you realize the amount of even MORE idiotic idiots that would pile into Lumbridge everyday? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

But what I think they need is a way to train your mage to 3 on Tutorial Island. I mean, come on...they give you a sword and a shield and say "go melee those rats!!!" Then they give you a bow and some arrows and say "Go range those rats!!!" Then they give you like 5 air runes and 5 minds and say "Oh...yeah...see those chickens over there? You can attack them if you want...you probably won't kill even one...and you most surely won't get a mage level here...but go wild..."

You should be able to go get more runes from the wizard in order to get mage up to 3...I mean...how is that fair? Range and melee get up to 3 but mage doesn't even get up to 2?

Also...they NEED to teach people how to craft. It's not the most unused free player skill because it's useless...it's the most unused free player skill because barely any free players know how or where to start training it. :roll:

There is a way to get 3 mage you speak to the wizard then drop the runes repeat untill you have enough to get to level 3!

You can trade at tut so people would make noobs and get millions of arrows, trade to main who is at tut and the main would leave with millions of arrows lol

deadforumslol.png

You can trade at tut so people would make noobs and get millions of arrows, trade to main who is at tut and the main would leave with millions of arrows lol

There only bronze though... who cares?

I would like 1 mil bronze arrows

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to tutorial island since RS2, but I think

Outsanity wrote:

Also...they NEED to teach people how to craft. It's not the most unused free player skill because it's useless...it's the most unused free player skill because barely any free players know how or where to start training it. Rolling Eyes

that's an excellent idea... teaching newbies more about the game is always good, and they can learn to make some stuff of their own. However I would admit that it might defeat the purpose of the sheep shearer quest somewhat as that seems to be an intro to crafting...