Shameful Shilo Sham!

Psycho_Robot

I recently got 50 slayer, so I went to Shilo Village to get a slayer task from Duradel. But I went the wrong way, I thought Duradel was North of the river, but apparently he wasn't! Instead as I went up the ladder I was greeted by an innkeeper. An inn in Runescape? I was intrigued! I happened to have some cash with me (I was hoping to bribe Duradel into not giving me iron dragons; no luck -.-) so I payed the fee and went up the special ladder. When I got up there, I was amazed to see... nothing?!

I'd been had! I got ripped off! Gypped! Scammed! Bamboozled! Deceived! Fooled! Tricked! Beguiled! Hoodwinked! Misled! Japed! Manipulated! Misunderestimated! Duped! Cheated!

Thank you, http://www.thesaurus.com

I'll never see that 35 gp again, and lemme tell you, I could have done a LOT with that 35 gp... I could have taken the cart to Brimhaven and almost have left over to take a ship to Ardougne! But no, all I was left with was my disappointment and my grief-stricken tears.

[/drama]

[/html jokes (god I'm such a nerd #-o )]

In all seriousness, what is the meaning of this clandestine caper? Is it some way for those Jagex clowns to steal all the money in RS, 35 gp at a time? Or did I not notice something neat while I was up there?

I don't know what to make of this to be honest (not the the Inn, the thread). Is this supposed to be in the Rants Forums or have you incredibly incorporated a question?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I don't know what to make of this to be honest (not the the Inn, the thread). Is this supposed to be in the Rants Forums or have you incredibly incorporated a question?

Yes, I have hidden it in the last paragraph of my post. Its hard to see but if you believe its there, it will appear to you in a dream.

I think you need to go up there for a quest, or something. Perhaps One Last Favour?

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... Perhaps Jagex assumes that if you've finished the Shilo Village quest, you wouldn't mind losing 35gp.

I think you need to go up there for a quest, or something. Perhaps One Last Favour?

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but... Perhaps Jagex assumes that if you've finished the Shilo Village quest, you wouldn't mind losing 35gp.

I've done One Small Favor and that building has no part in it, and I'm not really upset about losing the 35 gp, I'm just curious if anyone knows what that little area is for, or if its just some feature Jagex put in to intentionally waste small sums of money.

this is just spam

If it really is spam why did you bump it to the top of the forums?

And its not spam. I'm just asking if anyone knows what the inn is actually for. You probably just skimmed the thread.

Is this what you are going on about?

It's an old school thing, from the days of sleeping bags and fatigue.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Yea it is! And its it really from that long ago? :shock:

You would think Jagex would have taken it out of the game by now, or at least stop charging players for it! :lol:

You would think Jagex would have taken it out of the game by now, or at least stop charging players for it! :lol:

They would have, but Paramaya tickets would have become discontinued then. They decided that the best option would be to leave the useless room there rather than make another disk of returning-like item.

In fact, I remember way back in the days of early RS2, people would scam by claiming that the tickets were discontinued when they were, in fact, not.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You have a very impressive vocabulary.

OT: I don't know what that Inn is there for.

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

So, listen, dear children! *storytelling grandpa face*

Unce upon a time, back when rsc was played instead of your modern honk-a-donk Runescape HD, you had to sleep once in a while when you were doing tireful work (like woodcutting, mining or fishing o.O). To do that, you would have needed to find a bed or bring a sleeping bag with you to sleep in.

If you happened to be on Karamja without a sleeping bag, you were in dire straits, as there were no beds yet invented on that continent. Except for the Paramaya Inn in Shilo, which was the only opportunity to get a bit of sleep on the island of jogres, jungle and snakes :)

They would have, but Paramaya tickets would have become discontinued then. They decided that the best option would be to leave the useless room there rather than make another disk of returning-like item.

In fact, I remember way back in the days of early RS2, people would scam by claiming that the tickets were discontinued when they were, in fact, not.

Jagex could do something like they did with axe heads (if I remember right, when they removed the random event they replaced axe heads with completed axes) and give all players who had the tickets 35 gp, or even 70 gp! That's double! :thumbsup:

Jagex could do something like they did with axe heads (if I remember right, when they removed the random event they replaced axe heads with completed axes) and give all players who had the tickets 35 gp, or even 70 gp! That's double! :thumbsup:

The fix was invented a LONG time before they had ever pulled anything close to that. I suspect that they didn't yet have the technology to replace an instance of an item in every bank and inventory with cash at that point. This fix happened RIGHT at the dawn of RS2, and things were pretty different then.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

The fix was invented a LONG time before they had ever pulled anything close to that. I suspect that they didn't yet have the technology to replace an instance of an item in every bank and inventory with cash at that point. This fix happened RIGHT at the dawn of RS2, and things were pretty different then.

That explains why they didn't do it back then, but it doesn't explain why they don't do it now, then me and my 35 gp would still... still be together.... :cry:

It just seems kinda dumb to be keeping a useless remnant from a long time ago like this, especially when you finally have the means to remove it seamlessly.

Well, you have a point. I actually remember going there and crashing :P after running around cutting trees. IDK why it is still there but I know of a clan that uses it for meetings. (Not TSA if you're wondering .)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I'm going to assume it's too insignificant to bother with. They have a fix, it works, no reason to fix something that isn't broken. You did get what you paid for- you paid 35gp and got to use the inn for whatever you wanted :P

That explains why they didn't do it back then, but it doesn't explain why they don't do it now, then me and my 35 gp would still... still be together.... :cry:

It just seems kinda dumb to be keeping a useless remnant from a long time ago like this, especially when you finally have the means to remove it seamlessly.

Why are you complaining? You got at least 10 forum posts out of this spam-fest. And I will never get the minutes of my life back that I spent reading it.

LET IT GO.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Why are you complaining? You got at least 10 forum posts out of this spam-fest. And I will never get the minutes of my life back that I spent reading it.

LET IT GO.

If I don't have the right to complain about wasting 35 gp on the inn, what right do you have to complain about wasting a few minutes to read my thread? And if its spam then why did you just bump it to the top of the forums? I asked a question and I got an answer, and that's what these forums are for, not for you to troll them looking for threads to call spam.

There is no need for this thread. You have addressed yourself as being spam and you also said that the question has been answered.

[/thread]

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

There is no need for this thread. You have addressed yourself as being spam and you also said that the question has been answered.

[/thread]

The question was answered but I did not and will not say this is spam because its not. If it were it would have been locked. If you have nothing constructive to add, then kindly refrain from spamming my thread.