Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Millard

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[cabbage], I'm going black orc on release. Just played one today, got to level 6 on the new Open RvR server. Was rolling with a Chosen/Disciple of Khaine/Zealot and we were going 40K 0 D in the scenerios.

Right now we have quite a number of people rolling with us. The general idea atm is:

1x Black Orc (me)

2x Zealot

1x Chosen

2x Disciple of Khaine

1x Shaman

1x Marauder (maybe)

and some other people who we're not sure about yet. It's going to be great, as a well orginized team WILL win. Even with 4 (hell, 3 after the zealot logged) we were able to sway the tides and win all but 1 of our scenarios out of, like, 10.

I haven't had so much fun in PvP in a long time. Plus, the game is [bleep]ing stable as hell, has very few bugs and most importantly is fun!

Ok nadril...i know you play both but for balance, how does it stack up to TF2.I think anyone who plays TF2 knows it has possibly the most well balanced character classes so how does it stack up to TF2?

I was thinking of black orc aswell but i have no one to roll with :cry: AFAIK.

And i was looking at one of those display final copies with the price and it said £45 on it...can someone who lives in the UK give a price correction or affirmation over whether thats correct, little steep bearing in mind the subscription aswell.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Ok nadril...i know you play both but for balance, how does it stack up to TF2.I think anyone who plays TF2 knows it has possibly the most well balanced character classes so how does it stack up to TF2?

And i was looking at one of those display final copies with the price and it said £45 on it...can someone who lives in the UK give a price correction or affirmation over whether thats correct, little steep bearing in mind the subscription aswell.

They've got it pretty well balanced so far. Classes all have definite rolls to do. Tanks can taunt enemy players (putting a debuff on them where they take 30% more dmg from you until you get hit 3 times) and tanks can protect other players by taking 35% of their damage. The healers all have a roll other than just healing (debuffing, damage, ect.)

Pretty much I don't think I can really call any class "OP" now, even though it's hard to tell. Of course an MMO is a lot harder to balance than an FPS though, but Mythic is doing good.

They've got it pretty well balanced so far. Classes all have definite rolls to do. Tanks can taunt enemy players (putting a debuff on them where they take 30% more dmg from you until you get hit 3 times) and tanks can protect other players by taking 35% of their damage. The healers all have a roll other than just healing (debuffing, damage, ect.)

Pretty much I don't think I can really call any class "OP" now, even though it's hard to tell. Of course an MMO is a lot harder to balance than an FPS though, but Mythic is doing good.

Thats good to hear.Im not really interested in MMO pvp unless its balanced and that theres enough of an emphasis on it that it remains balanced and fun.Ok i dabbled with wow arena because its working with what you have and i am more than willing to give warhammer a good crack if its fun.

Its kind of a grey area to comment on class balance because an MMO is a progressive product, alterations are always being made sometimes in jeapordy off balance but its a neccessary evil for the greater good of the game.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Looks at your quick, hyper-energetic posts and compares to AOC's first posts...

Yea, let's wait that month and see this time. ::'

AoC didnt come at a time when i was bored to [bleep]ing [cabbage].And at that moment of time i couldnt have ran AoC on my pc.Im not that much of a wow fanboy as you thought i was, just a little jealous of youre AoC escapades.

Yes spite got involved :shame:

tifsdac6mc.gif

now now, lets keep WAR friendly...At least, I think we can :P

SE preorder here - patching as we speak - any other EU players on here?

First class is going to either be a shaman/black orc for destruction or Ironbreaker for order, damned if I can choose though :shock:

AoC didnt come at a time when i was bored to [bleep] [cabbage].And at that moment of time i couldnt have ran AoC on my pc.Im not that much of a wow fanboy as you thought i was, just a little jealous of youre AoC escapades.

I was directing that at Nadril....lol.

Zomg, you're a WoW Fanboy? Who would have known!!!

^Lets not turn this into a fanboy war folks.

I have enough money for a new decent computer now but im probably going to wait a month till i think about buying it and the game just to see peoples reactions and reviews.

Also if anyone wants me to edit first post with server/character names then just ask.

keen.png

AoC didnt come at a time when i was bored to [bleep] [cabbage].And at that moment of time i couldnt have ran AoC on my pc.Im not that much of a wow fanboy as you thought i was, just a little jealous of youre AoC escapades.

I was directing that at Nadril....lol.

Zomg, you're a WoW Fanboy? Who would have known!!!

Screw you, and youre avatar -.-

7-495-4263-001.code of denial tbh lolz owned wtf l2p fr00b

tifsdac6mc.gif

Looks at your quick, hyper-energetic posts and compares to AOC's first posts...

Yea, let's wait that month and see this time. ::'

Meh, whatever man. Do what you want really, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything and have been staying silent on purpose. If someone has a question I can answer it but otherwise I'll be too busy playing the game.

Oh and turns out I'm playing on Sylvanias (core). Can't wait for tomorrow.

yup tomorrow is headstart day for WAR. see u guys in the game.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

....... still no gamecards appearing on ANY english retailer site, including amazon. But they're there on amazon.com, which makes me think that for us brits they arent coming at all to be honest.

If thats the case, [bleep] YOU GAMES WORKSHOP, [bleep] YOU EA, [bleep] YOU MYTHIC. [bleep] YOU RIGHT IN YOUR AMERICAN [wagon], BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU CAN KEEP YOUR PIECE OF [cabbage] MMO FOR ALL I CARE. I'LL PLAY PROPER WARHAMMER, OVER HERE IN ENGLAND. YES THATS RIGHT! ENGLAND! THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS [bleep]ING INVENTED FOR [bleep]S SAKE!!

Tk5SF.png

I find it much easier to just pay with a gamecard as i hardly ever use my card so they save alot of hassle. Im guessing that by the time the free month is up it will hopefully be sorted out, i mean even AoC had gamecards over here.

keen.png

I didnt know it was so hard to get a cash card.I had one at 14 and yeah you put money in, take it out, no interest or anything.Why cant you get one :?:

I have a bank card, of course, but nothing that I can use to pay for stuff over the net. Debit/Credit card =/= cash card, and Afaik you cant use a cash card to pay for anything online. Yes, I know if I really wanted to I could open a new account and get a card that I could use, but I shouldnt have to. Its too much hastle and would take about a month to get it up and running anyway.

Tk5SF.png

I didnt know it was so hard to get a cash card.I had one at 14 and yeah you put money in, take it out, no interest or anything.Why cant you get one :?:

Presuming you're talking about jaziek, what I got from the rant was that he doesn't think that Warhammer online game cards will be available in the UK and he has lack off a debit/credit card. IIRC you can get a debit card at the age of 16 (My friend had one, he has his account at Barclays) Just go to the bank you're with and ask if you can upgrade your cash point card to a debit card, presuming you do have a bank account...

So yea... I'll probably end up leaving it a couple of months till I can get some money for it and for the bugs to get fixed etc. But from what I've seen from videos the game looks pretty sweet, I'll probably end up going for Chosen or Magus (Chaos) or a Black orc (Greenskins)

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

what I got from the rant was that he doesn't think that Warhammer online game cards will be available in the UK and he has lack off a debit/credit card. IIRC you can get a debit card at the age of 16 (My friend had one, he has his account at Barclays) Just go to the bank you're with and ask if you can upgrade your cash point card to a debit card, presuming you do have a bank account...

thats certainly what I was getting at.

The problem is that all my money is in a post office account (I didnt make it, I was given the account as a birthday present.) and they sure as hell dont do debit cards. It would take quite a while to transfer it all across to a proper bank account. I'll do it eventually, but meh... cant be arsed at the moment.

Tk5SF.png

i use my cash card online, works like a dream...

As someone else said though, if you feel so inclined there will be gamecards, alternative ways of paying is one of the positive advancements in internet buying.

Edit:i dont like the aesthetic as much as i should.I think the grunge messy aesthetic that it has doesnt translate well to the engine because its an MMO engine and isnt pushing the polygons as well as youre standard single player game.Also its not as stylised as WoW so i dont think they can get away with as much but im dissapointed with the overall aesthetic.

I think the stock ui needs another look aswell, seems like they didnt think about the customization aswell as they could, i think a mechanic where they can merge together so there isnt so many gaps, i was sat with my freind (hes now in) and yeah thats something which can distract you.

tifsdac6mc.gif

i use my cash card online, works like a dream...

As someone else said though, if you feel so inclined there will be gamecards, alternative ways of paying is one of the positive advancements in internet buying.

Edit:i dont like the aesthetic as much as i should.I think the grunge messy aesthetic that it has doesnt translate well to the engine because its an MMO engine and isnt pushing the polygons as well as youre standard single player game.Also its not as stylised as WoW so i dont think they can get away with as much but im dissapointed with the overall aesthetic.

I think the stock ui needs another look aswell, seems like they didnt think about the customization aswell as they could, i think a mechanic where they can merge together so there isnt so many gaps, i was sat with my freind (hes now in) and yeah thats something which can distract you.

As far as the UI goes, krisc, you can move around every single element of it where you want without any kind of mods involved. And, of course, you can always download user made UI mods as well like in WoW.