Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Millard

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any news on whats coming up in the next month perhaps?

I'm thinking that the end of November - Early December we should see the rise of 1.1, we'll see the Heavy Metal event that will bring back the KotBS and Blackguard and probably a lot of bug fixes.

Really 1.1 is the biggest thing to look forward to.

Anyone have any news on whats coming up in the next month perhaps?

I'm thinking that the end of November - Early December we should see the rise of 1.1, we'll see the Heavy Metal event that will bring back the KotBS and Blackguard and probably a lot of bug fixes.

Really 1.1 is the biggest thing to look forward to.

Anyone else seeing a decrease of people on your servers? I don't really play much, but whenever I hop on, it seems there's barely any people around. Blizzard positioned their release of Wrath to try and pull people from WAR back to WoW. And from what I'm seeing, it's working. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

yea my guild went to Magnus server from heldenhammer, i swear its like a totally different game, we actually get into scenarios for once lol. we're one of the top order guilds in the server atm, and these guys are good. if u ever come to magnus server check out our guild. magus imperialis magicus.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

yea my guild went to Magnus server from heldenhammer, i swear its like a totally different game, we actually get into scenarios for once lol. we're one of the top order guilds in the server atm, and these guys are good. if u ever come to magnus server check out our guild. magus imperialis magicus.

Aw man, you guy's should have came to Ungrim. :)

Well if you're destro. Order actually out numbers destro on our server now, haha.

Aw man, you guy's should have came to Ungrim. :)

Well if you're destro. Order actually out numbers destro on our server now, haha.

well we actually had to move fast to change to a dif server or risk not getting in one. see we didn't think that they'd open it up for 10 other servers to change with us, we thought it was just the first 4 that would move first, then the others would be able to move. we originally wanted to go to monolith or ungrim, but after they released that 10 other servers had access, we hopped to magnus asap.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

• 2 weeks later...

Nadril, been following along with the topic, and I finally have the opportunity to buy this. Opinion on if I should or not? Almost everything sounds great about the game,and the vids I've seen have been pretty nice to watch.

Do you think it's worth buying this game - and other considerations?

Give it a try if you want, just be sure to pick a populated server and do a little research on it before hand (so scenarios will pop well for you).

I'm still enjoying the game, although it is still very much in it's early years. There are some problems with the game (no Diminishing Returns, keeps seem too small, fortress sieges stress server badly) but Patch 1.0.5 is out tomorrow, with 1.1 supposedly due out by the end of this year.

How's issues like Gold Farming, or general annoyance from the immaturity ingame? What are the 'social norms' like in-game? What kind of community is playing right now? A good one, happy one? If so just explain from your server/what you usually do and who you interact with for examples?

I've done some research on the game itself, but it's more about the in-game experience that I want to know about. Thanks if you can supply any knowledge. =P

How's issues like Gold Farming, or general annoyance from the immaturity ingame? What are the 'social norms' like in-game? What kind of community is playing right now? A good one, happy one? If so just explain from your server/what you usually do and who you interact with for examples?

I've done some research on the game itself, but it's more about the in-game experience that I want to know about. Thanks if you can supply any knowledge. =P

Gold farming is non existant, or close to it. At server launch I would get a ton of spam messages asking to buy gold -- now I'm lucky to end up getting maybe a message a week in my mailbox. Because gold is a pretty easy to gain commodity the need over it has lessened.

Immaturity? It exists, no doubt -- but it's a pretty mature community from what I have seen so far. The community really depends on your server. On mine some of the guilds are pretty tight knit (we know each other, help each other in RvR and such) and you can get a good idea of how it is on the forums. There are some very strong and stable guilds on my server, on both sides, that's for sure.

Well now that I'm 40 what I normally do might be log on, and check to see whats going on / anything getting attacked. If it is I'll join a warband (raid) and fly down to the warcamp of wherever it is. Will either defend or attack keeps, battle objectives and hopefully will get a good fight out of destruction. I won't lie -- it gets fairly laggy in high end RvR for some people, but most of the time It's manageable. I may run scenarios (battlegrounds) so I can level up my renown, or I may run one of the PvE instances/dungeons with the guild.

Not really any set schedule like in WoW, however.

I've decided to buy this game for Christmas. Everything looks fantastic. Nadril, could you tell me what graphics card I should buy to be able to run this game smoothly? My current one is terrible.

I would say that either the 9800GT $110 or the HD4850 $130 would do the trick nicely, but what is the rest of your system?

Arent gold farmers just non existant now, resorting to hacking accounts, selling all gear and anything off value and mailing it all off?

I never really saw any farmers (just spam tells) but it's true, they're pretty much non existent. I have a mod that blocks spam tells (spam me not) and tells me how many it's blocked. It hasn't blocked a tell in like a month.

But yeah, they just don't have a market in WAR. I guess power leveling accounts, but then again that's a pretty small bit of what they're doing. They've probably packed up their losses and went back to WoW or another game which has a large dependency on currency.

wouldn't be surprised lol. what sucks for me now, i can't play my archmage due to my comp lags like crap in scenarios. it sucks so much as i love my arch. btw nadril, can u give my bro an i some tips on lvling up with black orks? i mean besides lvling with quests and RvR, my bro wants to know if grindings worth it.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

Thanks for the info Nadril, gonna wait and see how Darkfall is though since the beat testers were just quoted and posted in a topic, and it sounds great with minor bugs. Don't really want to get into Warhammer and miss out on Dark Fall since I've been following it for 4 months so, full release is suppose to be in December, but they aren't quite out in Open Beta at all yet, but those that are in with ave said great things about it.

But I will look into the forums of WAR more though, you've convinced me to. =P