loyal or go with the flow?

Furah

Whenever I go with the flow I never end up backstabbing my friends.

Whenever I am loyal to my friends, I don't get socially rejected.

I try to go with the flow when it's convenient or helps me, but then I stand out (in a good way) when needed as well. Best of both worlds ftw.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loyalty. Like many, I've broken off friendships with large amounts of people who disrespect my friends to no end. Needless to say that I have a much better time hanging out with people who I can trust as opposed to people who might change their feelings on me based on how much alcohol I can consume in one night.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

I am loyal, but only to the people who are loyal to me, which works in the vast majority of cases because you end up with a close group of friends rather than a huge group of people who might backstab you one day. The reason why I avoid 'going with the flow' is that often I don't like where the 'flow' is going. Just because a 'flow' exists doesn't mean that it has to be followed.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It might be a bad attitude to most, but I have a few friends I'd kill or die for and they're the only irreplacable ones. I'd rather have a few close friends who'd do the same for me than a ton of just normal friends who probably wouldn't always be there for me.
So lose those normal friends who probably don't know a thing about you and stick with the few close friends. Or, at least make sure you have a close group of friends. Personally, I wouldn't kid myself with a large group of people who hardly know me.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of those questions with an "obviously right" answer.

I will never try to harm a friend or anything sadistic in nature, as in I would never hurt a friend's feelings on purpose or try to do them wrong.

Here's an example. I'm currently part of an organization known as the Order of Demolay, which is an affiliate with the Freemasons. The chapter that I'm part of has become religiously intolerant (going against their code of religious tolerance) and one of our "Dads" or adult supervisors has confronted me about a rumor that I was dating this certain boy. He asked if the boy was gay. I was honest and admitted that the kid was openly gay. He then made a comment about how he thought being gay was immoral and then he decided to decline the kid's application into our organization. Since my religion promotes equal rights, religious tolerance, and gay rights and marriage, of course I was greatly offended by the man's homophobia. The boy was very popular among the other boys in my group, but the supervisor thought the gay boy would "prey" on the other boys.

Well let's just say that I won't be in the organization for long. I thought about waiting until I was closer to 18 and then "surprising" them with the fact that I'm not a Christian (they are all biased towards Christianity) and then declaring in front of them that I'm a Unitarian Universalist and not a Christian. I will then most likely be kicked out immediately and then I'll just go my own separate way. I'll just get involved with college and helping out my church during my free time. That will fill in the "void" from where I left OoD.

I've never had any true desire to become a Freemason anyway. I don't believe they are subversive, which is what most people believe the Freemasons are: a subversive Mafia-like cult. My father is one and he greatly desires me to be one, but like I said, no desire whatsoever. It would also eat up my time as you have to remember an insane amount of material before giving "lectures" infront of other Masons in order to achieve different levels. Also I would never have joined Demolay if they told me sooner that by saying that I must at least believe in God, I must also believe in the "Christian God." If they told me this sooner, I would have recognized it as religious bias and intolerance to other beliefs.

I guess that's the closest thing I would do that would "backstab" any friends. But it's not really backstabbing. If the friends I've made while in that organization disown me, that's their own problem. Sorry for the messiness, but I'm kind of in a hurry. Sorry if it isn't coherent enough to understand.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Lets see...

My first principal in social contacts has been for years to be what I am and keep it that way. It means that if something is against my moral, ethical or *add a fancy word by your own choice here* views, I don't follow the flow.

I personally believe that true friends stay with you, no matter do you agree on everything or not. If people who are "just mates", it basically doesn't matter if they don't agree to disagree (sounds weird, doesn't it?) on certain things. Mates can be replaced, friends and your personally are more solid things.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm