How to get the most out of the resizable window.

nwor

There's a simple way to make the new resizable window almost full screen, and still be able to switch between it and whatever else you're using your computer for.

It's the F11 key.

Pressing the F11 button on your keyboard turns this:

[hide=before]14dpyqc.jpg[/hide]

into this:

[hide=after]2vbwjl0.jpg[/hide]

There's one catch though. RuneScape more or less "intercepts" any keyboard buttons you use, and it's your internet browser that needs to "catch" the F11 button. So you need to use it either before you start RuneScape, or you can open another tab in your browser and press F11, then switch back to RuneScape.

You might have noticed that I'm using Firefox, but you don't need to feel left out if you prefer Internet Explorer, because it works in IE too.

You actually get a little bit closer to truly fullscreen with IE:

[hide=almost]35i3lf5.jpg[/hide]

You'll see your toolbars and tabs when you move your cursor all the way to the top of the screen:

[hide=like this]24oc3h3.jpg[/hide]

If you've got any questions about using tabs in either browser, ask. If I can't help I'm sure someone else will be able to. :)

Wow, that owns. Reading Tif while still playing in full screen? ::'

Guess I should update my graphics card soon. If anyone would go to Tech & Computers to answer my thread, I'd appreciate that <3:.

2dvjurb.png

Why don't you just use the runescape client? Works like a charm...

I hadn't used the client for a few months, and thanks for reminding me to try it out again. Now that I've actually tried it, I'm still going to use Firefox.

Using the RuneScape client and having Firefox open (I made sure to close the RuneScape tab in Firefox first) left me with a 535MB page file, and about 30MB of RAM available. Playing RuneScape in Firefox by itself left me with a 415MB page file and almost 70MB of available RAM. I'll test Internet Explorer out after I finish this post. I'm expecting results similar to Firefox by itself though. I'll also test the client by itself, and it should probably be the least demanding of all of the options.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Thanks alot, Btw I also use firefox and you can get perfect full screen on firefox ;). Just download Firefox 3 and it will hide your top and bottom toolbar. Move your mouse to the top and the toolbars back :) Firefox 3 ftw! :P Thing with the client is I dont think you can browse at the same time in a different tab sort of thing. ;)

agent_minwar.png

agent_minwar.png

It's a really nice update, as it now supports well with widescreen laptops of various dimensions. Has anyone got a laptop that has HDMI to hook up to their HD TV so that they can play RuneScape even bigger? I'd really like a pic :)

However, with this update, it does kinda make RuneScape Fullscreen as a worthless members benefit though.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

If you're having some performance issues...

- While Runescape is running. Ctrl + Alt + Del to the Task Manager.

- Right click Runescape and select 'Go To Process'.

- It should take you to the Processes menu and Runescape should already be highlighted for you.

- Right click -> Set Priority -> High

- Basically what this does is it 'forces' your computer to focus on Runescape more, increasing the performance. The only downside is that if you are running any other programmes (eg msn, minesweeper!) they will loose some performance.

- You also have the option to put it on Realtime mode. But I wouldn't really recommend it because... Well for me my mouse kept flickering because it was focusing so much on Runescape.

This method increased my FPS (frames per second) from around 20-30 in busy areas =P~

There are also some other ways to increase your performance. Such as lowering your desktop resolution, turning down graphic settings etc...

Enjoy :D

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

If you want to go overbaord with the new feature you do it like this!

[hide=]rs2560x1024oc2.jpg[/hide]

2560x1024 resolution (DualScreen) I get about 25-30% more of the game screen. To bad I'm not a great place when I took the pic.

Still its not good to play in such a large client since the menus are tiny and anoying to get into the inventory, but I will try it playing fog see if geting more of the game helps.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

About the "key interception" which is mentioned in the start post... it's all about the focus. If your focus is on the java application that runs runescape, f11 will not work. If the focus is on the browser window in which you run the java application, then f11 works. To get the focus "out" of rs and on to your browser window, simply click on the black space outside the runescape area. Then press f11, and you're set.

For me, in Firefox 3.0, it's quite close to fullscreen. The only thing that's left is the "home" and "search runescape.com" button at the top. When hovering the mouse on top of the screen, the taskbars pop on. Very, very convenient since you can still browse and msn while having near fullscreen modus.

After downloading Firefox 3 and doing a second round of testing, I decided that my methods aren't exact enough imo. It's clear though, that the standalone client, Firefox, and IE are all in the same system-resource-usage ballpark. Shortly after starting RuneScape, they all were using about 350-370MB worth of hard drive for the paging file, and they all left me with around 100-120MB of free RAM. But over time the available RAM was decreasing, and the paging file size was increasing, on all three programs, and that's where the inexactness of my numbers comes from.

The standalone client was the least demanding of the three, but it wasn't as big of a difference as I was expecting. It was also clear that running the standalone client and either web browser at the same time pushed my vintage system to the edge of its abilities. So that's not a good option for me.

Seekad, how'd you get runescape to work on your second monitor?

If I put the rs window on my second screen, it doesn't work. It's frozen on whatever it was at when I drag it from my primary screen to my secondary screen... I'm on a laptop, if it matters.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Seekad, how'd you get runescape to work on your second monitor?

If I put the rs window on my second screen, it doesn't work. It's frozen on whatever it was at when I drag it from my primary screen to my secondary screen... I'm on a laptop, if it matters.

Usually if you have trouble streatching any window on both screens, its usually the graphic card that is over taxed nad creates display glitches.

I have Ultramon Installed, I use that software to work with AutoCad on dualscreen, so the program helps alot to maximise and costum any windowed application. But it is not needed to get RS in dual mode. If by streatching the client it bugs its do to your graphic card and since its a laptop the card is most likely weaker then most desktop.

But really its not really any fun playing with such a large client it gets annoying trying to get the pointer from one side to the other for every liltle thing you try to do.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.