The Runescape Multi Use Tool 12+ supporters, Updated

tyluke

Hey guys I came up with this suggestion a couple weeks and I've thought it through and I don't think its overpowered, irrevelent or stupid. :D I don't think this makes Runescape "easy"

My Idea is for an item as of now called 'the tool' which is a multi use item that takes the place of normal tools used throughout runescape.

This item I think would be an amazing reward for a quest because it simplifies quest tools and it frees up bank space.

I think the the only way for this item to get passed would be to say its for P2P because F2pers don't even use knives or saws. :) I'm not bias becuase i'm Members; I'm just realistic

This idea is similar to the Rogues Den tool kit, and Keyring but this item doesn't expire and come apart into seperate pieces

TheTool.jpg

The tool is a single item that has the same ability as the following items in Runescape:

Saw Construction

Chisel Crafting

Knife Fletching

Hammer Smithing

Needle Crafting

Lockpick Thieving

Shears Crafting

Tinderbox Firemaking

Spade Digging

*Rope

*trowl

*Secateurs

*Seed Dibbler

tools marked with an * are tools i decided shall not be added into this design of the tool, but I am keeping them on the post for discussion purposes.

[hide=An example illustration created by Spaceboy246]Here is an idea of what tool could look like. thetoolvw7.gif[/hide]

[hide=Here is an example quest story created by Theoknight2]

I'd think you should actually have another side quest in the Death Plateau Series where Dunstan (the smith) is hired to make a Multiple-Use-Tool for the Burthorpe Guard when they go into the Trollweiss Mountains as a sort of Survival Tool. He has no idea how to make it, but he thinks the guy that teaches Barbarian Training might know (no clue on name). He says he can teach you about the knife, saw, hammer, and tinderbox, but he can't teach you about the rest. He says something about his Crafting level isn't high enough ( to attach the tools, you must do something like you did to make the hand for one of the marks in Rocking Out!) When your character seems forlorn, he suggests that you ask the Master Crafter in the Guild abut the rest. He also says that if you ever want another partway-made-tool, to just ask his friend in Barbarian Outpost, who sells Survival half of tools. When you talk to The master Crafter, he looks at your tool for a bit, then attaches all the crafting tools on it and sells the Crafting Half of tools.( doesn't have Lockpick, cord [ like rope, but it runs out and you must re-attach it after a use] or any of the farming tools on it). He says that it could still be upgraded, but this should do for Dunstan's purposes. You take it back to him and get a Quest Complete!

Rewards:

2k crafting exp

2 1k exp lamps for any skill over 30

Ability to check with other Npcs for more tools

Your own copy of "THE Tool."

Extras:

To get the Lockpick and ability to make and attach cord to your copy of "THE tool," you must talk to Martin Thwait ( dunno his name, sells Thieving Capes.) he thinks your idea is wonderful, and is a great advance on the Rogue's Kit. ( npc who runs Rogue's Den minigame grumbles loudly here) He immediately attaches the Lockpick and 1 length of cord and tells you the secret of making cord. ( you may choose to spin wool into cord at any Spinning Wheel, you get 5 from 1 wool, and they stack). By now the grumbling Npc from earlier has warmed to the idea and offers to sell Thieving halves of "THE tool." ( for this section you must have 60+ Thieving)

To get the Farming parts of "THE tool" you must first talk to any Tool Leprechaun. They will get mad at you because they say something like that was their job, so your task is to go and ask the Gothic Leprechaun because he is different from the others. He says that he would be glad to help you, but he has no idea how. He says maybe you should ask the Leprechaun near My Arm, because he is a master of the trade, but he is the only one lazy enough to not care about his job being taken. Talk to him, and he agrees to help ( for a substantial fee of 10,000 gp) he attaches the tools to your copy of "THE tool," and says that he won't sell you another copy, so you better find someone else to. ( by now your copy of "THE tool is pretty large, so you must hold it as a staff). Show it to the Gothic Leprechaun and he will agree to sell Farming Half of "THE tool."

the next time your character uses a fairy ring with "THE tool" in his inventory, he grumbles about having to equip a Lunar or Dramen Staff to use them. Fairy Fix-it ( or the Fairy near the Fairy rings) hears this and offers to help you. they take it, and a dramen or Lunar staff and casts a spell on it. After this it looks exactly like a dramen/lunar staff and has all their qualities, only its a different color ( green). It can also speak and tell you what tools you have in it, how many cords it has, whether your secateurs are magic or not, and whether your saw is crystal or not. It also offers to hold your Explorer's Ring on the top of it, so you don't need to equip the Ring, but you must have Level 3 version of it. Its name is changed to Magic Tool. ( depending on what you have in your inventory it will also offer weird conversations. Like buckets of water, it will ask whether it can carry it, and your character says something like, "Just like your cousin, the Broom? No thanks![ referring to an old Mickey Mouse cartoon/book where he overfills a bin of water using a magic broom])

Sorry I typed so much, I kinda got carried away. Feel free to use it, as long as you give me credit. Btw name of the quest could be "One Teensy Favor?" ( must have One small favor done).

[/hide]

-I haven't written a quest storyline and anyone else who wishes to can do so freely the quest author will be given full crediblity

-If someone could submit more designs what the tool should look like. Of course the artist will be given full credibility (support banners would be very helpful

-If anyone can think of a cool name for this it would be very much appreciated. all i have for a name so far is MUT (multi-use-tool)

[hide=FAQ's]Q. Is it like the keyring, and rogue kit?

A. Yes it is, the tools need to be put together in the quest, but it functions as a whole as one item

Q. Is it a rogues den reward

A. No because this item isn't specific to thieving or agility; I would like it to be a mix of all trades

Q. Is it a piece of weildable equipment

A. No, this is an item that takes up a single item space

Q. Is it tradeable

A. No

Q. Is it a quest reward

A. Yes[/hide]

[hide=Possible Names]Multi-Use Tool MUT

The Ultimate Tool TUT

The Tradesmen's Tool

The Skeleton Key

The Tool

The Crafters Dagger TCD

The Totally Awesome Coal Powered Wind Generated Hyrdaulic Pollution Free Sewing Tool (TTACPWGHPFST)[/hide]

[hide=Where Would This Be Useful]-Cutting Gems

-Forging Armor

-Fletching Bows

-Quests

-Firemaking

-Designing your POH's

-Barrows

-Thieving

-Shearing Sheep

-and many more![/hide]

[hide=Other Suggestions]1. Instead of a Quest make it an achievement diary reward

2. Turn the tool into a utility belt

3. Create different types of tools (to accomodate the Achievement Diaries)[/hide]

Special Thanks to

*My supporters,

*Spaceboy246 for the tool art design

*Theoknight2 for the quest suggestion

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

The tinderbox was a great idea, for the sake of what it should look like is it should be a lighter or flint instead of a tinderbox ;)

Open for more suggestions ::'

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

perhaps it is like the keyring. you have to add your own items and it has a limit of say...oh 5 spaces. and it should be a harder quest like one small favor as it has the potential for many uses. (frees up alot of space while farming)

Y_Z.png

maybe a miniquest at the rogues den, you need to get accepted in the league of bandits and you do so by doing 5 tasks. When you do get accepted you receive a seers army knife (couldn't think of anything else :P) and access to a new part of the rogues den.

Headshotcatcher.png

Lets see. What you seem to want is a portable tool kit. In real life, it is a piece of cloth or leather which has several "pouches" or slots sewn into it to slide different tools into. This would be the first item to be retrieved in order to make what you seem to be suggesting. The knife, chisel, lockpick(s) and hammer would easily fit into it (depending on the type of hammer). The needle would be able to be slipped into it as well, without even using a pouch, simply pin it into the cloth. A tinderbox is actually much smaller than what they make it out to be, often about the size of an Altoids tin. Besides the flint and steel, they usually have some charcloth for catching the spark and some tinder to keep it dry and handy. This could easily fit into a larger pouch in one of these kits.

As to the saw, there could be a folding saw which could be added into the kit. If it's used for construction, this isn't actually realistic, as they have much different blade types. Oh well. The shears MIGHT be able to be stuffed into it, depending upon the type of shears you are specifying. I believe that the ones used for shearing sheep are not as large as you might think.

Well we have Leprechauns to hold those last few farming supplies, so that's not needed. And the rope just doesn't make sense.

But I like this idea. Support.

I'd think you should actually have another side quest in the Death Plateau Series where Dunstan (the smith) is hired to make a Multiple-Use-Tool for the Burthorpe Guard when they go into the Trollweiss Mountains as a sort of Survival Tool. He has no idea how to make it, but he thinks the guy that teaches Barbarian Training might know (no clue on name). He says he can teach you about the knife, saw, hammer, and tinderbox, but he can't teach you about the rest. He says something about his Crafting level isn't high enough :lol: ( to attach the tools, you must do something like you did to make the hand for one of the marks in Rocking Out!) When your character seems forlorn, he suggests that you ask the Master Crafter in the Guild abut the rest. He also says that if you ever want another partway-made-tool, to just ask his friend in Barbarian Outpost, who sells Survival half of tools. When you talk to The master Crafter, he looks at your tool for a bit, then attaches all the crafting tools on it and sells the Crafting Half of tools.( doesn't have Lockpick, cord [ like rope, but it runs out and you must re-attach it after a use] or any of the farming tools on it). He says that it could still be upgraded, but this should do for Dunstan's purposes. You take it back to him and get a Quest Complete!

Rewards:

2k crafting exp

2 1k exp lamps for any skill over 30

Ability to check with other Npcs for more tools

Your own copy of "THE Tool."

Extras:

To get the Lockpick and ability to make and attach cord to your copy of "THE tool," you must talk to Martin Thwait ( dunno his name, sells Thieving Capes.) he thinks your idea is wonderful, and is a great advance on the Rogue's Kit. ( npc who runs Rogue's Den minigame grumbles loudly here) He immediately attaches the Lockpick and 1 length of cord and tells you the secret of making cord. ( you may choose to spin wool into cord at any Spinning Wheel, you get 5 from 1 wool, and they stack). By now the grumbling Npc from earlier has warmed to the idea and offers to sell Thieving halves of "THE tool." ( for this section you must have 60+ Thieving)

To get the Farming parts of "THE tool" you must first talk to any Tool Leprechaun. They will get mad at you because they say something like that was their job, so your task is to go and ask the Gothic Leprechaun because he is different from the others. He says that he would be glad to help you, but he has no idea how. He says maybe you should ask the Leprechaun near My Arm, because he is a master of the trade, but he is the only one lazy enough to not care about his job being taken. Talk to him, and he agrees to help ( for a substantial fee of 10,000 gp) he attaches the tools to your copy of "THE tool," and says that he won't sell you another copy, so you better find someone else to. ( by now your copy of "THE tool is pretty large, so you must hold it as a staff). Show it to the Gothic Leprechaun and he will agree to sell Farming Half of "THE tool."

the next time your character uses a fairy ring with "THE tool" in his inventory, he grumbles about having to equip a Lunar or Dramen Staff to use them. Fairy Fix-it ( or the Fairy near the Fairy rings) hears this and offers to help you. they take it, and a dramen or Lunar staff and casts a spell on it. After this it looks exactly like a dramen/lunar staff and has all their qualities, only its a different color ( green). It can also speak and tell you what tools you have in it, how many cords it has, whether your secateurs are magic or not, and whether your saw is crystal or not. It also offers to hold your Explorer's Ring on the top of it, so you don't need to equip the Ring, but you must have Level 3 version of it. Its name is changed to Magic Tool. ( depending on what you have in your inventory it will also offer weird conversations. Like buckets of water, it will ask whether it can carry it, and your character says something like, "Just like your cousin, the Broom? No thanks![ referring to an old Mickey Mouse cartoon/book where he overfills a bin of water using a magic broom])

Sorry I typed so much, I kinda got carried away. Feel free to use it, as long as you give me credit. Btw name of the quest could be "One Teensy Favor?" ( must have One small favor done).

if you can't tell, I support!

I love this idea but turn in into a tool belt.

Hmm, maybe make it a belt or trousers... And you put stuff into it (doesn't come with already), like the hammer and chisel... But ofcourse don't use, but it saves invent space...

You can wear it while crafting, smithing, farming, etc. and remove items as needed. This wouldn't take up any inventory while you're not using it like the multi-tool would. Good idea though.

Brian_307.png

Brian_307.png

How about something similar to the key ring, but with tools.

A tool box! It'd make more sense to have a full saw in a tool box instead of on a swiss army knife :ohnoes:

As for "taking away the challenge", yea I'm sure being able to chisel that uncut diamond and be able to hammer said diamond into the base of someone's spine would take all the challenge away from the game.

Get a better argument anytime something comes along to make the little things more convenient. Players said adding a keyring would take away the challenge in runescape #-o , looks like we've been surviving quite well.

A toolbox would work, but only in the same way as the satchel. You'd have to store the item, and bring it back out (using two inventory spaces, one for the toolbox, other for tool) to use it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

dont they already have these at the rogues den :| they're not as large, though they have something like a lockpick rope and some other stuff in them... also how can a keyring fit all of that into it? try to make it more realistic.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

This looks like a good idea and it's something I been thinking about for a while, but instead of 1 tool, I thought of like a belt that you can wear, it would contain all the useful tools you mentioned but wouldn't take up an inventory space. You would need to remove the tool you wanted to use first though.

Or instead of wearing it, you could attach it to your chest item to make it go with your outfit better :)

This doesn't have to be a completely different suggestion either, the tool could be the low level reward for a minigame and the belt a high level option, meaning it would take more effort to get.

Or with your quest idea, the belt could be an add on task after you done the quest.(like rag and bone man)

If you want you can add this onto your idea or not, just a thought :thumbsup:

Snowjoke.png

dont they already have these at the rogues den :| they're not as large, though they have something like a lockpick rope and some other stuff in them... also how can a keyring fit all of that into it? try to make it more realistic.

The Rogues den has a quest kit, which is like a 1 time use toolbox, because once you open it all the items: rope, chisel, hammer etc. are out permenatly

No the keyring just holds all of your keys: but its just a similarity of its multiple uses though it only takes up 1 inventory space.

I think you were just confused

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png