A Good Solution to Keep Rares from Over-inflating

Little_Nin

A good qay to stop rare prices from getting to insane is to have a store that sells rares for set prices, for instance, party hats for 25 million. That way, all the Phat manipulation wil go away because if players want to make any money from it they'll have to sell lower than the store prices. The perfect solution!

nahh... many people have posted this idea but they have posted other good ideas to and this has been suggestet hundreds of times. the idea is good enough but if you browse the forums you see that many people have posted the same before you.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

If they'll get too pricey, they'll crash back to low prices, it will fix itself.

Poeple aren't dumb enough to buy Phats for 100 mill...(and if they are, then they'r stoopid :shock: )

I just became a rare merchant, so noo! :P

(My best deal, selling 11 santas for a yellow phat, and 4 santas for 2 pumpkins)

This was when santas was 1.7mill, 3 days later all santas are worth 3.8 mill each! :lol: :lol: :lol:

why can't ppl like you just SHUT THE [bleep] UP just because you guys are too poor to even afford a rare and are dragging everyone in the community down with you, we don't need ur sh!tty solutions they are worthless and nobody cares so why don't you actually try and make money instead of whining about it.

Theres no way to control the prices, except by not buying them. as long as ppl spend months cutting yews to buy phats, the phat economy will be blossoming. unless the demand is cut off, there will be continual price inflation.

and thats the way the market works, what's this topic about anyway? markets are markets for a reason, they follow economic principals like inflation/deflation , supply/demand, and prices being driven by the consumer. of course, we are dealing in an environment with limited resorces being shuffled around, so one day someone will buy and not be able to sell without taking a loss and that'll be the end of it; oh wait.....after i sell mine for an insane amount :) greedy bastards will lose out. so like i said before, i'll help by not selling mine

byronjr

If mods could trade then they could buy all the p hats then high alk them a re release them next christmas, but personally I don't see a problem. If people want to pay that much for the item then it's they're choice, if players can't afford them, they don't buy them there are plenty of other items you can place on your head.

Also rares are kind of symbols of power and wealth.

For those of you who say there's no problem:

http://www.runescape.com

1. Login on your personal screen, enter the forums

2. Enter the rares market

3. Try to find the real bids in the swamp of fakes and other price manipulating posts.

4. Read the rules, also found on http://www.runescape.com

5. Read rule 2 again.

Don't come and say there's no problem.

3. Try to find the real bids in the swamp of fakes and other price manipulating posts.

5. Read rule 2 again.

k sorry theres a problem it's all my fault.

5. Read rule 2 again.

True but that's a problem with the merchants, not the rares.

Solution: Steal from the rich give to the poor. :)

People raising prices now aren't the real merchants, are a group of noobs spreading rumours..

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

5. Read rule 2 again.

This problem is very real, but actually, why that would be a good idea to solve it by making rares not rare? rare-merchanting is already an interesting part of the game for many players, and they are real luxury items now to show off with, i don't think game will exactly become better if rare items are removed or something... so this problem is that with rares there exists alot more scamming in way of faked trades in forums? this is sadly true :( but the thing is, even if youd lose like few mil trading over or under market price, rares are just going up, so at least loss isn't too great if you have bit patience... other thing is that at least people buying rares shouldn't be complete idiots in this game anymore (okay, guess they are), considering as they can afford these items, scamming exists everywhere anyway

Making rares not rare as in shop price worth?

That would feal like I would be hacked and lose all my stuff, since most of my money is spend on rare's as an investment. I wonder how many RuneScapers are going to quite then, imagine having a 105m bank account and 100m of it beeing rares. That's a 100m loss, when it would happen to me, I would trow away the other 5m and stop playing.

Rare's can't keep on rising, there has to be a limit, but where it is? noone knows. Price will automaticly drop again when people simply can't afford it anymore.

i personally like it when people don't sell the rares, afterall rares were suppose to show how long you've played, we don't want these newbs gettng their hands on them

exactly, who can say they were there for the original santa hats and be taken seriousy. I personally love the untradeable drops. I am proud to tell all who ask when and where i received my halloween scythe, while dressed in flowing black robes like the reaper himself. the fact that its untradeable makes it even better, i cant lose it to others in the wild, i go pick up another one. just kind of dissapointed in the last 2 i have received: a rubber chicken and a yo-yo....ok, maybe wen im bored i'll pull out the yo-yo :) what i can use now is some pretty rings or amulets

byronjr

People raising prices now aren't the real merchants, are a group of noobs spreading rumours..

Forgive me prehusively, that's what I meant. I should've put merchants in inverted commas. Sorry for any offence.