age...

doompickels

RS does have a lot of skills to work hard on, but shouldn't Jagex make age relative abilities? Like you have to be 1 year old (in rs) to unlock another special game room, or unlock new weapons...

I don't know. I just wanted to see were this would turn out.

Now there are some suggestions. Like, if you know a NPC from a quest, they might then come to you and ask you to help them again exactly a few weeks/months/etc... from when you finished the quest.

Or possibly the longer you've had a weapon, the better you are at controlling that specific weapon, and possibly help you unlock different special attacks.

basically, I just think it would be like a reward from Jagex for being faithful to them for so long.

Also, holiday items are a completely different thing.

With holiday items, you get a useless item that only shows that you played for a long time. But the thing is, you HAD to play when the item was available. I'm asking something different. Because no matter how long you play, you will not get an easter ring, or a marionette if you didn't exists back then. But this is different, because if you keep on playing, you will eventually get the new abilities.

Decent idea but it would fail because there are kids who play RS and they want everything and they would whine and be idiots until the end of the world.

I would support if you had a specific idea such as armor/weapons or games rooms.

Jagex has this in the form of holiday items, although you have to be playing during the two weeks they're out in order to get them.

IN another MMO I play, Tabula Rasa, they have exclusive emotes and items for people who have been playinx X months.

At 1, 3, 6, and just recently added 9 months you get new emotes and sometimes a new item like a hat or a mask. They're purely asthetic, don't have any stats.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Jagex has this in the form of holiday items, although you have to be playing during the two weeks they're out in order to get them.

IN another MMO I play, Tabula Rasa, they have exclusive emotes and items for people who have been playinx X months.

At 1, 3, 6, and just recently added 9 months you get new emotes and sometimes a new item like a hat or a mask. They're purely asthetic, don't have any stats.

+1, we have holiday items.

Thanks for posting.

Give some suggestions please. Like how older people can create more foods because they have lived longer and have a more perfected technique.

That's why we have cooking levels ::'

It would probably become like WoW, or EVE. Learning new skills and attributes to get ahead. That wouldnt be in the spirit of the game.

But that is the spirit of the game. Everything he's suggested is already in the game.

The more experienced in skills you are, the more you can do. The longer you've been playing the game, the more items you have to show for it.

I don't really understand the purpose of this thread. It's asking to improve runescape by making it just like itself?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

It would probably become like WoW, or EVE. Learning new skills and attributes to get ahead. That wouldnt be in the spirit of the game.

Agreed.

Although, I would support the ability for PCs to have the hair grow longer the more you play.

That would be the only thing I would like to see. Other than that, we have holiday items for proof of account age.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Ok, let me explain some more.

There are many things that we all can do, but there is a limit. But someone who spends a lot of time will get higher levels really quickly. But then how can we also expand past the levels. Time... Perfection... time to meditate upon your own skills. This is what your character should deserve it is has lived in the rs world longer than other characters. A higher cooking level doesn't mean you have perfected cooking. Watch the cooking channel. It takes time for many people to discover new culinary combinations. See how things work together. That takes time. Not a cooking level. Because even the greatest chef can still figure out new recipes. What about physical structure?

Suggestions can also include mage areas that require more wisdom to enter, and there might be an age limit to prove your wisdom. Possibly the discovery of new farming patches. Head farmers can earn trust from people they've known longer... etc...

It's ok if you disagree, but try to shell out some ideas even if you don't/

Agreed.

Although, I would support the ability for PCs to have the hair grow longer the more you play.

That would be the only thing I would like to see. Other than that, we have holiday items for proof of account age.

lol, it's now proving account age. It's benefiting from account age that I find interesting.

Agreed.

It's not about proving account age. It's about getting benefits from existing longer. For a newbie, they will never get the holiday items we have, no matter how long they play. But my suggestion implies that everyone will eventually receive the same stuff if they all play runescape faithfully.

• 3 weeks later...

Older players can unlock health levels? At level 1 you can get chicken pox. Level 10 is the flu. At level 50, you can get cancer. At level 70, you will get a rare uncurable brain condition and if you get a health skillcape, you can die and respawn simply by doing the emote! [/sarcasm]

mememe513.png

• 2 months later...
Decent idea but it would fail because there are kids who play RS and they want everything and they would whine and be idiots until the end of the world.

I would support if you had a specific idea such as armor/weapons or games rooms.

same

Older players can unlock health levels? At level 1 you can get chicken pox. Level 10 is the flu. At level 50, you can get cancer. At level 70, you will get a rare uncurable brain condition and if you get a health skillcape, you can die and respawn simply by doing the emote! [/sarcasm]

And if the cape is trimmed you can get CTS!!! Yes!!

I for one think this is a very fun idea. I would love to see it implemented. :)

I especially like the quests opening after certain amounts of time.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Yeah that would be like

###You need to play for 5 years to start this quest!

"gf questcape."

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Yeah that would be like

###You need to play for 5 years to start this quest!

"gf questcape."

I was thinking more along the lines of a month or two after completing a quest that another related one would open... :lol:

5 years? Yeah that would be a bummer, lol.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85