And then what?

Jenove

I Think this is a question we all should sit back and think about. The f2p'ers , the members alike.

Lets start with the loudest group the f2p. what if jagex actually gave them all/or most of the things they ask for. And then what?

And lets say p2p gets their side so goobapacked that they totally stop asking jagex for anything. What if jagex gives us everything. And then what..

Post feeling and ideas for discussion here

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

yeh but now we want more and more and f2p and p2p is getting more and more satisfied "what if " they did eveything we right now could possibly brain storm,

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

We'd want more and more and more...

Exactly. Jagex will never be able to please everyone, people will keep asking for more and more.

And that's why we're PAYING Jagex, to give us more and more, it's what they promised and it's what we expect, and I know, I always want more more more from Runescape, more variety the better.

yeh but now we want more and more and f2p and p2p is getting more and more satisfied "what if " they did eveything we right now could possibly brain storm,

I see a few different outcomes.

1) Runescape has everything people wanted, so people enjoy the game with no complaints. I find this very unlikely though.

2) It would also depend on how Jagex implements things. A simple example: People want the dragon pickaxe, and they get it. What matters now is whether it's useful or not. If the dragon pickaxe is nothing more then a for-show item, then some people would be disappointed and not use it, since it wouldn't be a good investment. If the pickaxe makes it much easier to mine, then a lot of people would find it useful. But then you have the issue of obtaining it. If it's very easy to obtain, then high level miners would complain that people have it easy, or about the fact that other items (Dragon axe) are more difficult to obtain, etc. If the pickaxe is hard to obtain, then those who can't obtain/afford it would complain about that...

In short, it's impossible to please everyone.

3) People would get bored much quickly since everything is already there. First you'd try your idea of a new herblore system, then you'd go and try the new skills.. Go through any new dungeons you wanted, try a few new mini-games, explore new areas.. Finish those quests, play around with any new combat items.. Once you've finished it all, what's next? Everything is there, but you're bored and you don't want to play anymore.

4) Similar to 3, but the new updates spring new ideas to mind, and you want more :P.

It's human nature to always want more if they think they can get it, this is known as greed.

Jagex still hasn't realized that they can't please everyone, and the fact that they think they can fix everything after making game changes that upset everyone will only make it more difficult for them.

They can give F2P anything they want, it's their game and people don't get a say in it. As long as members keep getting the (better and more numerous) updates they're paying for I don't see a reason why anyone should be angry.

This reminded me of when the Tip.It times went from weekly to monthly. Sure, Jagex might be able to give players updates forever, they just might have to space them out a bit. At some point Jagex might get stumped and give lower quality updates.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

We'd want more and more and more...

Exactly. Jagex will never be able to please everyone, people will keep asking for more and more.

[/thread]

Im just surprised we needed 10 posts to work out what is the most obvious thing ever...

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

People are never happy no matter how much you give them. It's human nature to want more, if we have everything we need, what's the point in living? (playing Rs ;))

It's quite a scary thought though, all F2P getting what they ask for :lol: