18 August 2008 - Price Change - Starting Today

XxTearGodxX

Wow, this topic sure has turned nasty pretty quickly. Anyways, I don't think the price increase is that much. It's only 11 extra dollars for a year, and for one year only it appears.

edited quote~mcneilp

ok, detailed intelligent post time

inflation in the US and UK is aimed to be roughly 2%, but lets focus on the UK seeing as jagex is based there. the 2nd quarter results and 3rd quarter predictions have recently been released. and despite the 2% target inflation rate, England has been closer to 4% and expected to hit 5%. now, jagex released the members version late feb in 2002. that's almost 7 years worth of inflation jagex have taken a hit on from membership costs. the fact that this is the first increase we have seen is nothing short of spectacular, and the loyalty price is also, as far as i'm concerned, unheard of in the gaming industry. kudos to jagex

Sigh, this happens in a lot of message boards. Person A posts a topic that Person B says should've either been posted in another thread or not posted at all, and a long meaningless flame war ensues... so this will probably be locked because of that.

I recently returned to RS and good thing I became a member before the price change... but if I did after this change, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

sig3bh7.png

Cleaned this topic up a bit.

A note to all involved in flamewars, particularly Shadowfax and Fairness. That kind of behaviour isn't tolerated on these boards, if you have a query about a topics discussion-worthy-ness, report it so a Mod/Admin can take the action they see fit instead of spamming the topic up with flaming.

Thanks.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

How can we discuss $.30 as a "fair" increase? That is minimal, barely over 5% I think. (American value is $5 a month?). The price of everything here in the UK has risen pretty much, so Jagex can raise their prices.

Reread the OP - it's not $.30 - it's 30 British pence / $0.95 USD - so your percentages are way off. That's really a 19% increase.

So if you end up paying $5.95 for a year ($71.40), they will cut you a break and roll back to $5 a month ($60 a year).

I wish Jagex would find a way to sell a year at a time to debit card holders rather than $5 x 12 as month-to-month. You'd think the cheaper processing charges would make them want to do that.

And to the horse's [wagon] who spammed the topic with a 100K irrelevant picture - please do not pollute the gene pool.

Well, either way an extra dollar a year won't break the bank.

That's not a year - that's every month - $5.95 as opposed to $5.00.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

How can we discuss $.30 as a "fair" increase? That is minimal, barely over 5% I think. (American value is $5 a month?). The price of everything here in the UK has risen pretty much, so Jagex can raise their prices.

Reread the OP - it's not $.30 - it's 30 British pence / $0.95 USD - so your percentages are way off. That's really a 19% increase.

So if you end up paying $5.95 for a year ($71.40), they will cut you a break and roll back to $5 a month ($60 a year).

I wish Jagex would find a way to sell a year at a time to debit card holders rather than $5 x 12 as month-to-month. You'd think the cheaper processing charges would make them want to do that.

And to the horse's [wagon] who spammed the topic with a 100K irrelevant picture - please do not pollute the gene pool.

Well, either way an extra dollar a year won't break the bank.

That's not a year - that's every month - $5.95 as opposed to $5.00.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Wall wall wall, omg SirHartlar made a mistake in his mafs wat an idiot! :roll:

Ok then, $12 a year isn't going to break the bank. That is £6, roughly, so it isn't a big deal.

When RuneScape becomes $10 a month. \'

tbh i think thats a fair price -.-

if you play 1 hour a day thats 30 hours per month which is 33p per hour

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]