a black demon task

pulli23

Well I got a pretty big black demon task :(..

Does anybody has any advice on how to kill them? - can't you safespot them?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Protect melee and whack away like a regular prayer melee task? Always use the chaos tunnels, you get alot of charms there. I would say black demons are definetely within the top ~7 best tasks.

I hate using prayer :(and safe spotting is something I really like to do/find... It's just impossible in the brimhaven dungeon as well as in the chaos tunnels (brimhaven thanks to the small dogs, and chaos is multi..)

Then they came for me

Protect melee and whack away like a regular prayer melee task? Always use the chaos tunnels, you get alot of charms there. I would say black demons are definetely within the top ~7 best tasks.

I hate using prayer :(and safe spotting is something I really like to do/find... It's just impossible in the brimhaven dungeon as well as in the chaos tunnels (brimhaven thanks to the small dogs, and chaos is multi..)

1) It's multi. Theres still safespots. Hide at the northern passage, and range the ones to the west/east.

2) Why would you ever kill them at Brimhaven...?

3) Stop being cheap. Time saved = money made. Time = Money.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

1) It's multi. Theres still safespots. Hide at the northern passage, and range the ones to the west/east.

2) Why would you ever kill them at Brimhaven...?

3) Stop being cheap. Time saved = money made. Time = Money.

Well it's not about time/money safing: it's just that it lays better in my "way" of playing: I really hate mindless wacking at something and rather do somethign with a trick. (for example sara boss is my favourite boss since it requires some "real" skills). And most of the fun in runescape I find with the search to (unknown) safe spots.

But they live nowhere else than chaos/brimhaven/edge (wildy) dungeon?

Then they came for me

I think you're missing something here. They drop A LOT of charms in the chaos tunnels. They are EASY to safespot in the chaos tunnels. Why are you still looking for somewhere else?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I think you're missing something here. They drop A LOT of charms in the chaos tunnels. They are EASY to safespot in the chaos tunnels. Why are you still looking for somewhere else?

Exactly. Take the nearest entrance to Edgeville and just follow a guide or something, really quick to get there. Sure, the portals might take you to a random place while getting to the black demons, but if so, hop around using the portals to find something that isn't aggressive to you, and then look at a map on where to go. Or if you are really lost, glory to edge and try again. The safespots there are so obvious they don't need telling about.

Chaos Tunnels: Drop loads of charms

Others: Don't

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Exactly. Take the nearest entrance to Edgeville and just follow a guide or something, really quick to get there. Sure, the portals might take you to a random place while getting to the black demons, but if so, hop around using the portals to find something that isn't aggressive to you, and then look at a map on where to go. Or if you are really lost, glory to edge and try again. The safespots there are so obvious they don't need telling about.

Chaos Tunnels: Drop loads of charms

Others: Don't

The one in the chaos tunnels have different drops from the others? :shock:

Then they came for me

I know, strange, but yes. The ones in the chaos tunnels drop charms about 8-9/10 times, while everywhere else you get about 5/10 times a charm, if that.

In my experience, it's about 2 crimsons every 3 demons in the chaos tunnels (disregarding the other charms completely), and less than 1/3 elsewhere. The difference is absurdly noticeable, nonetheless.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I know, strange, but yes. The ones in the chaos tunnels drop charms about 8-9/10 times, while everywhere else you get about 5/10 times a charm, if that.

In my experience, it's about 2 crimsons every 3 demons in the chaos tunnels (disregarding the other charms completely), and less than 1/3 elsewhere. The difference is absurdly noticeable, nonetheless.

The best I got out of about 7 demons tasks was just under 1/2 crimson/demon.

Just kill them in the Chaos tunnels.

2dvjurb.png

I don't think Black demons in Tavelry drop any charms. Just the one with a different animation. Which is a very few.

They do, I did a large task there and ended up with a few (back before I knew the ones in the chaos tunnels had a safespot). It was VERY few, though, now that I think about it. Like 16 crimsons for a 160+ task.

The reason is that only a certain graphical type of black demon drops charms. All black demons in the chaos tunnels are that type, but there's only 1-2 of those in Taverly. You're looking for long horns with red eyes. Chaos Tunnels is clearly the best place, you should get around 60 crimson charms per task there.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg