Indepth Pure Guide / Challenge

jirenma2001us

"My pure goes across the room, and starts to drink your ..."

This is a guide for those of you who want to try something new.

This isn't your normal pure guide.

First I must mention that many many many items and gold etc will be necessary for those of you who are willing to do this. You might end up cutting lots of trees or crafting lots of runes if you get my drift.

Also, in this guide, you should try to keep your HP at 10HP for the first few steps of the guide (not indefinately).

It is a challenge after all.

** Disclaimer ** Please note that this is not only a guide for making a pure, it is also a challenge. There is no need to engage in battle with this kind of character until the very end. You will essentially be 'stacking' your combat stats for the long haul. ** Disclaimer **

But enough talk, lets make a pure shall we?

STEP ONE

Quests, Supplies and Mobilization

[hide=Click to expand]Create your character and get started on three quests.

IMP CATCHER (Magic XP)

WITCH'S POTION (More Magic XP)

RUNE MYSTERIES (You'll need this)

Before we do anything. Go to the dummies in Varrock and train your Attack. You won't gain any HP, and you will be able to attack to just about level 6 or 7 (maybe 8). This will all make sense shortly, but it's important that you do this first. Oh, and don't use that genie lamp yet. ;)

The quests are easy. Make some money, buy the beads, kill a rat, and start Rune Mysteries. This might as well be the easiest part of the guide. Do not attack anything other than the rat (and the dummies in Varrock)!

Next, you should start making runes. Much has changed since I started playing the game. Before GE you could buy talismans for 4gp each and silver tiaras for 40gp each. Now, a talisman on GE can go for 400gp+ (Before enchanted tiaras, we just held our talismans in our hands). Enchanting talismans is probably the fastest way to get your RC from level 1 to 20. If you have time to spare, pick up body talismans (they yield the highest xp in F2P) that you see on the ground. Considering buying talismans if you want to invest in making your RC level higher. You can get to level 20 with only 120 body tiaras even from level 1.

You're gonna need a couple thousand body runes and just as many more water and earth runes, in addition to an earth and water staff, choose the one that works best, and have both in case--.

Now it's time to put those runes to use![/hide]

STEP TWO

Cursed Chickens and a Big Blast to a Vampire!

[hide=Click to expand]Remember that genie lamp? Use it on your attack now.

Take a number of runes with you and go south of Falador to the fence where the chickens are hiding. You can curse each and every one of them (sometimes twice!). You'll notice your magic xp raising relatively steadily. After a while you can curse them again. You won't gain HP and your combat level will rise slowly. By the time that your magic level is at least 29, stop. You'll be coming back here, but for now, you're going to do one more quest.

Quests:

VAMPIRE SLAYER

You'll need food, a staff and mage clothing, chaos runes and air runes if you want to pull this off easily while only having 10HP. Luckily you should be able to cast at the least Earth Bolt. He won't last long.

Do this and you should be anywhere from 25 - 30 Attack while still having 10HP.

From this point on, all genie lamps should be used on your attack.

Keep on cursing chickens until your magic is at or above level 43. There is no bonus (ie, they won't drop anything) to killing chickens, so I would recommend using your own crafted runes.[/hide]

STEP THREE

The Road to 50~55 Magic

and a slight detour

[hide=Click to expand]Now you have a main goal of getting 50 to 55 magic, while still having 10 hp. This is possible, and you might benefit from two useful spells. Aside from cursing, you should be able to cast superheat item.

I would recommend getting started on as many other non-combat skills as possible. The most important being woodcutting, but mining and smithing are also important.

Superheat item is a good way to (albeit slowly) increase your magic. You get the benefit of making bars of iron / steel / mithril without having to leave the mining site. To make various bars, take 20 nature runes and 20 iron, go mine coal, come back with 20 steel bars. It's tedious but it's also part of the challenge! I managed to get myself to 62 smithing and 53 magic this way. Cursing, rather than casting superheat, might take less time, but I can't verify that. Luckily, nature runes have decreased from 300gp each to 220gp or so.

If you're magic has gone to about 55, more or less, and you think you can't take it any longer, then this guide simply isn't meant for you. Much much much more in planned!

If you plan on going to the next section of the guide, it's important to superheat- you will need a few hundred, maybe a thousand or so steel bars. Superheat as many steel bars as you can and horde them in your bank. If you can get your magic to at least 50 magic, then great! Head over to the next section.[/hide]

STEP FOUR

The Big Decision

[hide=Click to expand]Of course, I would recommend you become a member, even for a few months.

If you do become a member, I would hope that the following stats are at the least above 50 -Smithing, Mining, Woodcutting

Crafting and Runecrafting should be high but 50 is pushing it.

It would probably be best to wait until after you've reached these goals.

You will need money, and you will need so many steel bars. Between cutting wood and fletching, among other things, start raising enough money to buy a cannon... yes a cannon.

Quests:

Death Plateau

Plague City

Biohazard

Dwarf Cannon

(Optional) Waterfall Quest

Let's make sure you got your Attack to 30. Death Plateau can get your attack there, and.. well you won't die.

Do that quest and then buy yourself a Poison Addy Dagger.

Next you'll want to do Plague City and Biohazard. Just complete the quests like you normally would. When it comes time to kill that guy, try to poison him! He will die, you complete the quest, you won't gain hp.

OPTIONAL - WATERFALL QUEST

While it is possible and only requires you to run away from a few nasty monster that can deal 10 points of damage, it is very challenging. It has been done- This should bring your attack very close to 40. After a few genie lamps and such you will be able to wield a rune axe or pick axe. Great for the 10hp skiller xD. ---- I finally got through this quest. If you have 10 hp, the trick is carrying lots of food and having 100% run energy. Crowded worlds are also a plus. I didn't have any problems with the fire giants, but be careful of the moss giants.

Your attack level will be so close to 40 that it will take a week or two worth of playing to get it there.. more or less. It all depends on how many lamps you can get. Put them to use and get your attack to 40!

Now it's time to raise money and get that cannon (and you it in King Lathas' training ground!)[/hide]

STEP FIVE

Boom!

[hide=Click to expand]Since you've completed Biohazard, you can now set up your cannon in the Ardounge training area. You'll have plenty of targets and you won't have to worry about getting yourself killed. Do this until you reach level 40. You should know how to do it, but I world recommend making stops at the bank every few levels. Buy the best range material you can get for your level, and wear it. A higher chance to hit means more experience and less wasted cannonballs

Once you reach level 40, you can use the target practice area in the range guild. It's 200gp each, and you get xp and tickets based on how well you play. Tickets are profitable, you can sell them back in GE, so it is more affordable than buying steel bars or cannonballs. Just like when you were using cannonballs, buy the best equipment you can afford. Green, blue, red dragonhide, and a magic bow is a must. I even went so far as buying a dark bow at level 62.

While you're in this area, you may also want to increase your agility. Just a thought. Agility will help on both P2P and F2P worlds, even if you cease to be a member. It's a fun perk!

It may take a while, it may be tedious, but I would recommend 60 to 70 range and magic... or higher. At the moment I am trying to get both 70 magic and range before I touch my hit points. I'll explain the reason in the next section.[/hide]

THE INTENSE DETAIL

Math, Statistics, and other good stuff

There is much more to this walkthrough, but at the moment my pure still has 10hp and is level 63 range and 64 magic. I plan on raising my hit points AFTER I make 70 range and magic. You can check out my signature to see where I am at the moment. Call me a skiller if you'd like. I'm non-combat until I have the necessary amount of hit points to keep me from getting killed. Pictures coming soon too.

To get to the point, the ultimate goal of my character, even after gaining some HP would be...

..If I did the math right,

ATT = 40

STR = 50

DEF = 1

HP = 35 - 38

MAG = 70

RNG = 70

PRAY = 1 (I have 9, costs me 1 combat level or so)

Combat level = 43

Benefits- Although I have peanuts for defense, My high magic stat will help against mages (time tested fact that your magic stat aides in suppressing magic damage). Overall, I'll have less HP, but I'll also have a very high damage capability. In fact, if my range and magic levels were 1, I would have a combat level of 39. One would not expect that I would be able to deal massive damage.

Since I added the Waterfall Quest, I have changed my calculations. It's possible to reach 50 strength while only having 35 HP. Of course, this wouldn't affect your combat score so much. You will gain a combat level once you reach 38 HP.

I'm also considering raising my prayer to 45. This will be easy (might be expensive).

Unfortunately, it's tough to go through most of the world with 10HP. Even mining is a problem. If your rock explodes, you deal damage. So if your combat level is around 20 or 30, and you still have 10HP, you die instantly if your rock explodes.

Player Killing is not an option until you've gained HP. But it would be apparent that it's best to gain HP using melee combat. When your magic level and/or range level exceeds your attack or strength, gaining levels in either attack or strength will not affect your combat level (only HP levels will effect your combat!).

jirenma2001.png

Are these very effective, though? It's an interesting challenge, as well as a good guide, but I can't see this being very useful. 1 Defense and 10 hp? You'd be gone in a second.

Still, it's a good guide. It was easy to understand.

cliffside1ra5.png

Sorry.

Nice idea, but you clearly

1: Don't know what a pure is

2: Have not made a account like this

10Hp won't work. You get one hit

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

It's a nice guide I will give you that! But you probably want to be like that guy who got full ghostly at lvl 25 combat with 10 hp :o! or something like that (hehe its okay tho). It wuld be a nice type of acct if you were just making it to show off to your friends! But next time try making a 20 def pure (trust me i have one they own)! But the guide itself is okay would do better if it had some pictures.

Hey how about you duel my pure with this type of new pure tho? You can pm me in the game username "Slay_Mistres".

Slay_mistres.gif

Sorry.

I only ask for you to read the end of the guide. The end result would be my character having 70 range / magic, 38 hp with a combat score of 43 (did I mention 40 attack and 50 strength?)

Oh and you can check out my stats on my signature

Thanks

jirenma2001.png

It's a nice guide I will give you that! But you probably want to be like that guy who got full ghostly at lvl 25 combat with 10 hp :o! or something like that (hehe its okay tho). It wuld be a nice type of acct if you were just making it to show off to your friends! But next time try making a 20 def pure (trust me i have one they own)! But the guide itself is okay would do better if it had some pictures.

Hey how about you duel my pure with this type of new pure tho? You can pm me in the game username "Slay_Mistres".

I was, at one point, considering adding defense to my ID, but at the moment I'm still raising it's main combat levels (range and magic). So far I'm at 62 range and 63 magic. A duel? I'll let you know when I'm ready xD

I'm working on cleaning up the walkthrough so thanks for asking :)

jirenma2001.png

Sorry.

I only ask for you to read the end of the guide. The end result would be my character having 70 range / magic, 38 hp with a combat score of 43 (did I mention 40 attack and 50 strength?)

Oh and you can check out my stats on my signature

Thanks

I see. But then again, if you go through all that trouble, why not get HP in the first place?

Well, with those stats, you can effectively show off, but not PK/DUEL. 70 magic and ranged is nice, but with the same combat, you can achieve 82+ magic and 70 ranged. Getting all 3 combat styles is a complete waste. Since 1 def pures really cannot PK with melee, it is pointless to get those stats. Granted your attack power exceeds that of a main account at that level, but compared to pures, you have no chance.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 2 weeks later...

jirenma2001.png

Progress so far.

My magic and range has gone up slightly since I started this post. I think I was around 62. I'm a skiller at heart.. I've been working on making cash- however I did buy enough nats to high alc to level 64.

I'll spend around 25k on the range guild next time. That should give me 64 range. I have an overall goal of 70 range.

Magic is less important at the moment, but I'm still shooting for 70.

Now that I have 38 attack (Thanks for the above post on the Waterfall Quest, I completely looked over that) I now have to reach my goal of 40 attack with only lamps. I'll get a level on my next tome or two lamps.

Among other goals-

50 Construction

35+ Agility

70+ Mining

65+ Smithing

jirenma2001.png

• 2 weeks later...