Wannabe-mods

Flodder450

Labeling anyone who uses the Report Abuse button as a "wannabe mod" is childish and immature. It's the Runescape equivalent of a kid on a playground teasing another kid for being a "tattletale." If somebody reports you, one of three things will happen.

1. You weren't breaking the rules, and you receive no punishment. You have nothing to complain about, and the person who reported you is probably just a n00b.

2. You really were breaking the rules, and if you get black marks it's your own fault. Don't blame it on the person who reported you.

3. You weren't breaking the rules, but you receive a punishment anyway, and your appeal is denied. In this scenario you do indeed have something to complain about, but it's not the random n00b who reported you--it's the flawed appeal system and lack of customer support that gave out a wrongful punishment.

If you break a rule and complain about "wannabe mods" when you get in trouble for it, all it shows is that you're being a [censored]. If you don't want to get reported, follow the rules. Duh.

Ok, what flodder is referring to is people coming into the unofficial chat just to report, its like the kid o the playground who watches everything then when something bad happens he tells a teacher,annoying?

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someones disrupting game play, and not following the rules report them. If they are just annoying you, then don't. I'm tired of someone getting angry at someone for some stupid reason then someone gets reported for no reason and that reporter feels like they've done justice.

Labeling anyone who uses the Report Abuse button as a "wannabe mod" is childish and immature. It's the Runescape equivalent of a kid on a playground teasing another kid for being a "tattletale." If somebody reports you, one of three things will happen.

1. You weren't breaking the rules, and you receive no punishment. You have nothing to complain about, and the person who reported you is probably just a n00b.

2. You really were breaking the rules, and if you get black marks it's your own fault. Don't blame it on the person who reported you.

3. You weren't breaking the rules, but you receive a punishment anyway, and your appeal is denied. In this scenario you do indeed have something to complain about, but it's not the random n00b who reported you--it's the flawed appeal system and lack of customer support that gave out a wrongful punishment.

If you break a rule and complain about "wannabe mods" when you get in trouble for it, all it shows is that you're being a [censored]. If you don't want to get reported, follow the rules. Duh.

Ok, what flodder is referring to is people coming into the unofficial chat just to report, its like the kid o the playground who watches everything then when something bad happens he tells a teacher,annoying?

Again, it's only a problem if you're actually breaking the rules. If you're following the rules, you are immune to being reported. It's as simple as that. And whether or not some people really do lurk in clan chats to report people, it doesn't automatically make anyone who reports you a "wannabe mod."

just noticed this thread

Obey the rules and they won't be able to report you for anything.

I was in tip it chat, joking around with olly, and i said i was back from cig break and i smoked weed alot (because there was a smoking discussion).

Some wanna be mod reported me, and i got 1.5 blackmark + 2 day mute. Worst thing is the person is still in the chat and he's to cowardless to tell me who he is ::'.

realy? explains why i didnt see/hear from you for a bit. either that or you were lurking like only a lurker can ::'

i dont mind people who enforce rules but when they do enfore tem to make them look big, strong etc then thats crossing the line of patheticness. like most players tey should just play te game normally and report major issues during their time. like today when i saw a guy pass' scamming. i simpy reported him and went about my daily slaughtering.

sarg, that was what i was muted for earlier this week. Nice mods, huh?

oh, thats why you were muted. i think it was pure said to me you were muted.

Popoto.~<3

A friend of mine just got demodded + perm muted for saying "I am uber pmod >:o ph33r meh"

And yes, it was for mod impersonation, BUT HE WAS A MOD. WTF.

To anyone saying that we need not worry if we're not breaking rules, READ THIS. When Jagex is FLOODED with these kinds of reports, one or two hundred are bound to slip through. Plus, there usage of auto messaging systems sort of reinforces this sort of error.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I saw this post while scanning over the forums and decided to reply with my latest experience with this, if for no other reason than to let it be a warning for others to use extreme caution.

I'm still confused by this incident and since the removal of CS there is no way to ask Jagex about it.

Long before the trade restrictions came to be, my brother, sister, other relatives and friends had always swapped items around. We weren't the only ones allowing each other to borrow items, the majority of players did it.

The trade restriction came, therefore the only solution was to "pawn shop" items if one needed something the other one had. By "pawn shop" I mean, say I had a daxe and someone needed to use it, they would either give the trade amount in gp or items in exchange for the daxe, when they were finished using it, they returned the axe and I would give them the gp or items back.

Item lending was introduced...the headaches, mutes, black marks arrive. My brother had been saving up to buy a bgs, in game with gp not rwt. Another friend of his allowed him to "borrow" his a few times, then when "renting" became allowed, he told him he would have to pay. Instead of that, since I had enough gp to buy one, I did and through the item lending, he borrowed it for as long as he wanted.

Here comes the problem, he encountered what has to be a jealous wannabe mod. He was asked over the course of a few days various questions regarding his items, never suspecting a thing he told the items he had, but made the mistake of saying the bgs was his, but wasn't his.

Now the jealous wbm, very carefully setup the chat up to make him fall into a trap, the wbm named off all of his items at once, except for one and listed it a line or two of chat later, to which my brother replied with, "well it's not fully mine yet," referring to the bgs, followed by, "my bro bought it for, so it's mine, but he owns it, until I buy it from him."

The above meaning, yes, I did buy it for him, yes I did lend it to him using the item lend, for no payment and yes, he did ask me if he could buy it when he got up enough gp for it, and it was agreed that he could.

Less than 2 hours following the conversation, he's been muted for account sharing/trading.

The evidence...the conversation with the above wbm.

Totally ticked off I went myself to the wbm, who claimed it wasn't them, but they were the only other person there, so...there ya go.

Of course the wbm went into preaching the rules and stated if we had played fair and hadn't broken the rules, he wouldn't have been reported and received his punishment and that he deserved it for breaking the rules.

Now I am still asking the question, how is lending an item to another player account sharing/trading? The item lending was added for just that purpose, but alas according to his offense report it's account sharing/trading.

As for myself I am carefully baiting and patiently awaiting for reports against me to go in from same wbm, not to mention at least a dozen or so others, as I have since refused to reply to anyone much in game, call it a perm mute by choice and I don't use quick chat either.

Suffice to say a lesson has been learned from this, don't lend an item out to anyone, as it could lead to a jealous wbm, sending in a well staged, yet false report that could possibly ruin your account.

Wow that is a awsome true story and ty 4 sharing this with us, as i also have the same problem and been muted once as my friend lend me some stuff which got me muted. So i think jagex should seriously stop wbm or understand the problem fully before muting players ... any 1 got muted becoz they said or done something right but been reported unfairly ?

:x :cry:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

@icedreams, that's a hugh reason why nowadays i always think about what i'm about to type without context around it. I saw another example of

"Nice smithing level, how'd you get it"

"gold"

"wow, that must have been expensive"

"nah, i bought it all and it was quite cheap".

Jagex would see

"gold"

"nah, i bought it all and it was quite cheap".

I absolutely detest this kind of person. Not just online, but in real life. It's the personality type that would've probably even reported any nearby jews to the local nazi administration if he were alive in the 1930's.

I was a player mod back when they were reintroduced, there were maybe 20-30... But it wasn't a "snitching community". I mostly got there by helping people on the forums and reporting the occassional obvious scammer, etc..

Wouldn't even want to be a p-mod now, sadly now all it represents is "I'm willing to snitch normal players so I can attain status myself".

I was in tip it chat, joking around with olly, and i said i was back from cig break and i smoked weed alot (because there was a smoking discussion).

Some wanna be mod reported me, and i got 1.5 blackmark + 2 day mute.

That's just ridiculous. Absolutely nobody gets hurt by you simply stating the fact you're going out for a smoke, it must be a really sad person trying to score some jagex-points with those kind of reports..

Who's the real victim in that situation? Certainly not the other chatters.. It's called Report Abuse, wish people would respect the name of the feature..

lol there was this noob in our clan who was reporting every1. I mean, sell out ur clan members just to get a silver crown? we caught him, but not b4 about 20 ppl were muted (including clan leader and co-leaders, and me)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

lol there was this noob in our clan who was reporting every1. I mean, sell out ur clan members just to get a silver crown? we caught him, but not b4 about 20 ppl were muted (including clan leader and co-leaders, and me)

20 people muted? You must have had some filthy mouths in your clan. :shock:

lol nah. we don't curse obsessively, but we get pissed sometimes at things and just vent

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I absolutely detest this kind of person. Not just online, but in real life. It's the personality type that would've probably even reported any nearby jews to the local nazi administration if he were alive in the 1930's.

I was a player mod back when they were reintroduced, there were maybe 20-30... But it wasn't a "snitching community". I mostly got there by helping people on the forums and reporting the occassional obvious scammer, etc..

Wouldn't even want to be a p-mod now, sadly now all it represents is "I'm willing to snitch normal players so I can attain status myself".

Some wanna be mod reported me, and i got 1.5 blackmark + 2 day mute.

That's just ridiculous. Absolutely nobody gets hurt by you simply stating the fact you're going out for a smoke, it must be a really sad person trying to score some jagex-points with those kind of reports..

Who's the real victim in that situation? Certainly not the other chatters.. It's called Report Abuse, wish people would respect the name of the feature..

You sir are a moron, I am german and my grandmother came over from germany shortly before the nazis took over, if you think that a kid on the internet is like someone who told the nazis where and how to kill people then I am truely sorry for your opinion of these kids on the internet, people who snitched on the jews are a different level of scum, even if you were being sarcastic or just using it as a metaphor, don't joke about the nazis, I lost 3 relatives to them.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

You sir are a moron, I am german and my grandmother came over from germany shortly before the nazis took over, if you think that a kid on the internet is like someone who told the nazis where and how to kill people then I am truely sorry for your opinion of these kids on the internet, people who snitched on the jews are a different level of scum, even if you were being sarcastic or just using it as a metaphor, don't joke about the nazis, I lost 3 relatives to them.

He wasn't joking about them. He was emphasizing a point. Calm down. I doubt he purposefully used that to make you mad.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|