Wannabe-mods

Flodder450

you guys know wbm? evil

post you experiances with them

Please don't post screenshots from your private message inbox or account status, these are private and not to be posted publicly on Tip.It ~pryomancer

[hide=]~removed[/hide]

^was caused by wbs,3 times reported for the same thing

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you wouldn't have a problem with them if you didn't cuss.

I agree.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Wannabe mods are annoying, but their presence keeps the game from turning anymore for the worst, so we have to live with them. I've found that your best bet is to think before you speak, generally that helps in not saying something that can be taken out of context.

Then again if you have that many offenses for offensive language, you've got to be doing something wrong.

Think of it like having spiders living in your house. They kill smaller pests and feast on their entrails[1] but some of the bigger ones will bite you if you encroach on their territory.

[1] Note: I cannot confirm or deny that wannabe mods feast upon the gooey liquids of rule breakers for nourishment

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

wbms usually have a reason to report, even if it seems trivial. I guess its annoying if it happens to you often but if you dont give them a reason it should happen less,

Personally i dont like the term "wbm" its one thing to report someone for no reason but most of the time people report for a reason and when you start accusing people of being wbm, it decourages people to report rule breakes which is bad imo, :shame:

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Yeah I had a wannabemod join the cc I use, we don't even know who he/she was but I guess we all must have assumed it was just a new member and then this person reported loads of people on the chat.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Obey the rules and they won't be able to report you for anything.

I was in tip it chat, joking around with olly, and i said i was back from cig break and i smoked weed alot (because there was a smoking discussion).

Some wanna be mod reported me, and i got 1.5 blackmark + 2 day mute. Worst thing is the person is still in the chat and he's to cowardless to tell me who he is ::'.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Yay, more things that make people hate real mods even more >.<.

People blame any report on a wanna be mod, most of the time, just follow the rules.

There probably shouldn't be drug talk in rs, but it doesn't need to be reported, unless its really bad, and goes after warnings.. =\

35b9enp.jpg

I was in tip it chat, joking around with olly, and i said i was back from cig break and i smoked weed alot (because there was a smoking discussion).

Some wanna be mod reported me, and i got 1.5 blackmark + 2 day mute. Worst thing is the person is still in the chat and he's to cowardless to tell me who he is ::'.

i think hes the one who reported me to above:but 1 or 2 times is nopt to blame on wbm,by 12 offences,there is

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

What I really hate is the WBMs on the forums; people who report in-game are just doing what they're supposed to do. :P

WBMs on the forums tell people what to do, and say the thread will be locked, etc. I wish someone would just say, "That ISN'T your job!".

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

You do realise that Jagex encourages everyone to report people who break the rules? Should they just not report you because they don't want to give the impression that they're a WBM?

Reporting properly isn't a sign of a WBM anyway.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If you're breaking the rules they have every right to report you, if you're stupid enough to swear or avoid the filter you'll get punished sooner or later. It isn't hard to talk via PM or use IRC if you want a more adult conversation. RS is aimed at an audience of 13+ so Jagex won't tolerate people saying things that might upset the kids.

You do realise that Jagex encourages everyone to report people who break the rules? Should they just not report you because they don't want to give the impression that they're a WBM?

True but when staying to lurk and report for every small offense, that's a WBM.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

True but when staying to lurk and report for every small offense, that's a WBM.

:| For that many offences? This looks like a guy who hasn't quite grasped Rule 1 yet.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

So that's what blackmarks look like. :lol:

QFT, sure it might be a pathetic reason or you're joking with a mate, but who knows who you may offend.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

QFT, sure it might be a pathetic reason or you're joking with a mate, but who knows who you may offend.

People who can't take a joke?

Seriously I'm somebody who doesn't ever really "offend" people on purpose (and everybody knowing me in real life as well as in runescape would be able to verify that) but I really, really hate the censor (and with that all forms of censorship). If you can't take anything you should go somewhere to siberia and live at a cottage far away from all other people! I've received a blackmark (though am still in the green zone) for literary saying: "Sure I could get weed easily, but it's not that I would ever want that stuff, you only get problems with it!"

Really, what's the problem with that?

Ow and don't say "you shouldn't talk about that in rs": Who are you to tell me what I have to talk about!

Really if you walk around at the street and you hear somebody talking about that do you call the cops too? If you do you'll probably get: "mind your own business" as answer!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

People who can't take a joke?

Seriously I'm somebody who doesn't ever really "offend" people on purpose (and everybody knowing me in real life as well as in runescape would be able to verify that) but I really, really hate the censor (and with that all forms of censorship). If you can't take anything you should go somewhere to siberia and live at a cottage far away from all other people! I've received a blackmark (though am still in the green zone) for literary saying: "Sure I could get weed easily, but it's not that I would ever want that stuff, you only get problems with it!"

Really, what's the problem with that?

Ow and don't say "you shouldn't talk about that in rs": Who are you to tell me what I have to talk about!

Really if you walk around at the street and you hear somebody talking about that do you call the cops too? If you do you'll probably get: "mind your own business" as answer!

Jokes arent the same to everyone.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Well, err, that screenshot only shows you managed to get yourself reported (and found guilty by the folks over at the office) eleven different times, but you never mention what you were reported for. While I do think that sometimes people are too trigger happy when it comes to reporting people, I find it hard to believe that all those reports are a simple case of wannabees trying to get you in trouble...considering I've never been reported in all these years I've been playing RS (or rather, never got into trouble because of it - that is to say, being reported while not breaking a rule) I find it somewhat hard to believe that this was simply because of overzealous reporters.

Just mind your language a bit. While most people (including most in-game moderators, no doubt) don't really mind mild language, we both know there's some people who jump on every opportunity to report people -.-