Spirit Coba vs Stranger Plant

Smage

Which one of them is better if you want to use them in combat?

I know that this question may sound silly because a stranger plant has relatively higher combat than the spirit cobra. But spirt cobra duration is 56 min, which is 7 min more than the stranger plant. So is the extra 7 min really that of much use?

Solisticez.png

Oh, I'm currently 53 summoning (training it by tears of guthix) I got enough charms to get myself to 85 summoning, I'm just thinking which pouches at that level should I make, so that the monster is worth the effort. And the "2nd ingredients" is not a problem since I got hundreds of snake hide while gathering talon best charms and accumulated quite an amount of strange fruits. So I can't really decided on which summoning familiar to mass produce.

Anyway, thx for the advice. I think I might choose stranger plants.

[if it's help, I don't really need the farming boost from the stranger plant, since I can already plant every single crops].

Solisticez.png

Oh, I'm currently 53 summoning (training it by tears of guthix) I got enough charms to get myself to 85 summoning, I'm just thinking which pouches at that level should I make, so that the monster is worth the effort. And the "2nd ingredients" is not a problem since I got hundreds of snake hide while gathering talon best charms and accumulated quite an amount of strange fruits. So I can't really decided on which summoning familiar to mass produce.

You are not going to use the thousands of pouches you produce on the way to 85 summoning. You probably won't use ANY cobras or plants. Just make whichever one is more efficient for exp and then trade them out for shards.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You are not going to use the thousands of pouches you produce on the way to 85 summoning. You probably won't use ANY cobras or plants. Just make whichever one is more efficient for exp and then trade them out for shards.

Okay, am I right to say that familars below 80 worth keeping are the three basic titans, bunyip, terror birds, talon beast for pouch making, some abyss monster. Thx in advance.

Solisticez.png

Okay, am I right to say that familars below 80 worth keeping are the three basic titans, bunyip, terror birds, talon beast for pouch making, some abyss monster. Thx in advance.

Pretty much. I wouldn't make any basic titans though- save your blues for geysers if you ever plan on getting there. And if you do make them, they're pretty badly outclassed by the bunyip in most situations and the unicorn in all situations.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

[if it's help, I don't really need the farming boost from the stranger plant, since I can already plant every single crops].

Also, Stranger Plants don't use Strange Fruit as secondary. Rather any 'Bagged Plant' (be it 1,2,3) from the Gardener in Falador Park. Seeing these start at 1K ea, I seriously wouldn't recommend them.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Also, Stranger Plants don't use Strange Fruit as secondary. Rather any 'Bagged Plant' (be it 1,2,3) from the Gardener in Falador Park. Seeing these start at 1K ea, I seriously wouldn't recommend them.

Snake hides are worth 2k.

Stranger plants are better.

Pretty much. I wouldn't make any basic titans though- save your blues for geysers if you ever plan on getting there. And if you do make them, they're pretty badly outclassed by the bunyip in most situations and the unicorn in all situations.

I agree with him except for the bit about saving blues until geysers, to that i would have to say HELL NO. Yes it is more "efficient" but holding back the best charm is a horrible idea.

I suggest that you use your blues on the early titans if you plan on using them, as they are amazingly useful and are better than a Bunyip in any situation where you will be taking 8 or more damage/minute. If you do not plan on using them, then I would suggest that you start saving up blues from around level 70ish and unload them on lava titans at 83(or mossies at 79 if you can't be bothered to collect obsidian charms), and then stock up your blues to unload on geysers once you hit level 85. Blues really are not *that* rare, especially if you get the vast majority of your charms from slayer and kill Bork every day, like me.

Also, you might want to add kyatts and graahks to that list of useful familiars for either personal use or selling(or both, I'm not sure which is most profitable), I really wish that they were added before I passed that level so that I wouldn't have to buy them all :wall: (well not graahks, I don't do runecrafting).

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Stocking up on obsidian charms is horribly ineffective. Don't do it. Either waste the blues on low level titans if you don't plan on going past 89 summoning, or save them up for geysers if you do. It IS a waste of blues to use them on anything but geysers though- 89 isn't even halfway to 99, may as well get the most exp you can out of the best charms.

Yes it is more "efficient" but holding back the best charm is a horrible idea.

I like how you agree with me, and then say my idea is horrible without saying why.

Stocking up on obsidian charms is horribly ineffective. Don't do it. Either waste the blues on low level titans if you don't plan on going past 89 summoning, or save them up for geysers if you do. It IS a waste of blues to use them on anything but geysers though- 89 isn't even halfway to 99, may as well get the most exp you can out of the best charms.

Yes it is more "efficient" but holding back the best charm is a horrible idea.

I like how you agree with me, and then say my idea is horrible without saying why.

Increasing the time that it takes you to achieve the level to use familiars(notably bunyips, hence the "70ish" comment) that will speed up training and charm collecting later on is slowing you down exponentially. Also, the VAST majority of people do not train from the low 50s to nearly level 90 all at once(I consider charm collecting part of training) from a lack of resources or sustainable interest.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Bunyip is really the best thing you need for charm collecting. What familiar under level 68 is worth blue charms? None of them. Pushing to 88 with basic titans is almost an option, but they're so far below 88 that the exp rate isn't good enough to justify the waste, considering 89 is just around the corner. Lava titans aren't worth it simply because you can kill waterfiends instead of tzhaar and make more exp/hour AND save your blue charms for later. Rune minotaurs aren't cost effective.

There isn't a situation below level 89 where using up your blues will help the push to a level that will speed up charm collecting. It's just a waste.

Bunyip is really the best thing you need for charm collecting. What familiar under level 68 is worth blue charms? None of them. Pushing to 88 with basic titans is almost an option, but they're so far below 88 that the exp rate isn't good enough to justify the waste, considering 89 is just around the corner. Lava titans aren't worth it simply because you can kill waterfiends instead of tzhaar and make more exp/hour AND save your blue charms for later. Rune minotaurs aren't cost effective.

There isn't a situation below level 89 where using up your blues will help the push to a level that will speed up charm collecting. It's just a waste.

I'm far too lazy to do the math for my opinion, but if someone has I'd love to see it :P I completely disagree with saving blue charms tbh. Though Geysers give 783xp/charm, something like a karamthulu gives 510. Ignoring the fact that the difference there isn't even that unbelievably enormous (though considerable), you have to consider that if I use my blue charms on low summons while I'm leveling, I can reach higher level crim/gold/green summons much more quickly. So while you might be training with bloated leaches gaining 215xp/charm I could be training with smoke devils gaining 268xp/charm. So in the end, the time may even be completely wasted. Of course, it's all theory but I'm pretty happy with saying you can level faster overall using blues constantly.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Oh yup, a 50% exp per charm disparity is pretty piddly. The amount of charms between bloated leeches and stranger plants is TINY compared to the amount of charms between, say, swamp titans and wolpertingers. I think the extra exp would be much more useful in pushing through that gap.

I'm 88 summoning, I have a fair amount of experience with training it. Saving blue charms is the smartest option by far.

Alright, very much appreciate and thanks for the help on my questions regarding summoning. I think I will sell all my snake hides and swap them for bagged plant. Also I will save my blue charms for higher level summons.

But I got another question, if the cost factor is remove, wouldn't be a rune minotaur be better? Since rune minotaur as a fighting familiar can last very long.

Solisticez.png

But I got another question, if the cost factor is remove, wouldn't be a rune minotaur be better? Since rune minotaur as a fighting familiar can last very long.

Ah, but a yet more appealing option is to make a pouch that actually sells (see: geyser or elemental titan), and buy rune minotaurs off the grand exchange. Seriously, making a rune minotaur pouch loses like 7k, only counting the difference between the rune bar and the pouch price. And then you can't sell the pouch on the GE.

Of course, the rune minotaur is not a very good fighter anyway. I've used a couple. Sure, they last 151 minutes, but who cares when they still hit so many 0s?