A guide to Aviansie Tanking

slowermotions

Nice guide, but it's pretty medium lvled.

If you have access to a unicorn, full void owns.

How I just did it is:

Full void

Explorer ring or archer ring

Ranger boots

Zammy book

Sara stole

Broad bolts

Bring like 8 ranged pots, 10 super restores, (not sure on the exact number), 4 unicorn pouches, scrolls, alch runes, holy wrench, ... (I might have missed something);

In the beginning, you will get piled by the aviansies, so put on protect from ranged. However, after a while they get unagressive. Use 10% prayer for extremely high hits (I hit up to 39 with broad bolts). I stay around the gesyer. It's pretty crowded, but I just rudely steal their kills. If they insult you, ignore them. You've trained for your skills so now you can use them.

At 90 defence, my unicorn just manages to heal me enough. I might bring excalibur next time though.

Data:

Up to 480k gp an hour

Around 50k ranged xp an hour (96 ranged).

One trip lasts almost 4 hours. You can probably tune your inventory to stay there a bit longer. It was my first time so I brought too few ranged pots and my Unicorn "died" when i had some restores left.

Some pictures:

41gehitfullvoidbroadjt1.jpg

w768.png

aviansietripxg6.jpg

w776.png

Full arma, dfs, fury, ranger boots, accumulator, get the point?

You will get piled by the sara and zammy monsters...

Void + unicorn (zammy book, sara stole) is ultimate tanking for higher lvls.

For lower lvls (bunyip) I'd say Arma top and bottom, verac helmet, Ranger boots, DFS/granite/crystal shield, sara bracers, zammy stole.

Perhaps replace the zammy stole by fury and arma bottoms by zammy chaps. Or something like that. Point is, bring sara and zammy items. If you use 10 percent prayer, make sure you have decent prayer too (verac helmet, stole, armadyl armour all give a bit of prayer).

I was planning to get Bunyip for this. One of my friends uses Bunyip, Bracelet of Regen, and 2x HP restore. I was there too, and he was almost always topped off. I used B2P, and its pretty overkill.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Using familiars is a good idea but I don't advise it as you won't need them with bones to peaches and it restricts how long you can stay there for without banking.

Using a bunyip is cheaper (allthough, this isnt the most important since you make a lot), and you waste less time picking up bones, eating peaches and casting B2P. The time you save and the convenience for not heaving to click so much far outweighs the shorter length of the trips. For me, who goes to zaff everyday, kills bork everyday etc... camping isnt an option anyway.

now I use this

081121140557vu7.jpg

Sharks are a waste. Just use all monkfish, and leave a couple spaces for drops. And bring a couple of range pots, too, they really make a difference.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

now I use this

[hide=]081121140557vu7.jpg

[/hide]

Sharks are a waste. Just use all monkfish, and leave a couple spaces for drops. And bring a couple of range pots, too, they really make a difference.

but my def isn't good enough, so when I get down to only btp I can only kill the lvl 79- ones...and yeah,ill bring a few range pots next time.

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

now I use this

081121140557vu7.jpg

but my def isn't good enough, so when I get down to only btp I can only kill the lvl 79- ones...and yeah,ill bring a few range pots next time.

You could wear barrows platelegs.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

now I use this

081121140557vu7.jpg

I might someday. but then I wouldn't have a zammy item. and my platebody is Armadyl now. and I want to use my fury. but idk maybe ill use a unholy symbol

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

[hide=]

now I use this

081121140557vu7.jpg

I might someday. but then I wouldn't have a zammy item. and my platebody is Armadyl now. and I want to use my fury. but idk maybe ill use a unholy symbol

[/hide]

Fury's 15 defence might tip the balance... anyway you'll get a lot of accuracy.

[hide=]

now I use this

081121140557vu7.jpg

[/hide]

Then theirs no armadyl items.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

[hide=]

now I use this

081121140557vu7.jpg

[/hide]

Then theirs no armadyl items.

I said I have an armadyl plate =p

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png

• 2 months later...

You should include prayer potions in your inventories; 5% or 10% range prayer are totally worth it at aviansies.

• 2 weeks later...
Bring a Fremmenik round shield if you need to run past trolls, because it lowers their max hit to 2. You can drop it once you get past, because most people tele out.

or just use range pray for like 5 seconds

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

• 1 month later...

My friend's been tanking them, made around 1m in 2 days, so its not bad

I tried the prayer method, and I made a lot with it

I'm gonna try the tank method, I feel like it will be more beneficial

only difference is I will use the blk dhide instead of zammy d'hide

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

• 2 weeks later...

Gratz, I'm gunna try and upload my pics soon too. Seeing as I hate the trip to the GWD I brought two sets of barrows so I could switch over half way, now I can afford my no-need to repair tanking set up. (All money courtesy of aviansies) This pic was taken just after I'd repaired my barrows or I'd have had 340k more, also, these were the rewards of a 2260 kc. 78 def 81 range by the end, started with 79.

aviansiesfinito-1.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to improve my setup without spending too much?

Archer Helm

Black D Hide Body

Torag's Legs

Bandos Boots

Unholy Book

Sara Bracers

Arma Pendant

Rune XBow

2-3k Broads

Accumulator

RoL

Snakeskin boots-bandos don't provide any range def and have -3 range attack

And Zammy dhide body and granite shield if you have enough. If you don't zammy kite or something with more def.

And after your first trip if you need more def, granite or barrows helm.

I was a zerker pure and could easily tank avansies... only 45 def. A cheap setup would be and the one I used was

Sara or Zammy coif

Pendant of Armadyl

Black D'hide Body

Zammy or Sara plateskirt way cheaper then the platelegs

Rune kiteshield or if 50 def granite shield

Snakeskin boots

Black D'hide vambs

Rune C'bow with broad bolts

I would recommend 75+ range for this way and if you use rune there is no need to repair barrows which cuts into profit.

Also for inventory setup don't collect body or chaos runes, less range pots because the more inven spots equal more food from bones to peach tabs, which save you money

• 1 month later...